isn't much to assemble on this model so it will be quick and easy.
The assembly starts by gluing the nose in place and then the two
wing halves. I used the supplied foam-safe clear glue and then
later added a thin coating of 20-minute epoxy around the wing
joints. My plan was to also spray the jet with some clear water-based
Polycrylic from Minwax when the assembly was finished.
gear mains pressed into position and were held in place by plastic
snaps. No tools needed!
nose wheel was secured by tightening the set screw onto the flat
spot of the gear wire with the supplied hex wrench. I added a
small amount of thread locker to the screw to keep it secure.
Receiver & Vertical Stabilizer Installation:
used a Spektrum AR6100
receiver and tested the control surfaces out along with the power
system. Everything worked fine so I aligned each surface and then
set up my high/low rates with exponential. The AR6100 receiver
fit perfectly against the side wall. Note that the 4-cell LiPo
battery has a custom bay already built in place so it cannot move
vertical stabilizer just pressed into place after applying glue
to both the fuselage and stab.
F-4 Phantom II was ready to fly at 34oz (2.13lbs). I measured
475 watts at 33 amps which provides a good to great 223w/lb EDF
manual calls for the CG to be 165mm ( 6-3/8" ) back from
the wing leading edge but I measured 150mm on mine. This may be
another change for the new batch of models as it should provide
better stability for most pilots.
I sprayed the entire model with clear water-based Polycrylic from
Minwax. It will help protect the decals and prevent light scratches
in the foam.