Our marketplace is similar to a newspaper's classified service in that we will not become involved in resolving disputes arising between buyers and sellers. We do, however, have a dispute protocol that we recommend to our members:
1. Prevent Disputes We highly recommend that our members use the escrow service we offer on our site. Simply click the "Escrow" button from the marketplace navigation bar.
2. Communicate Using the information contained in your winning ad/auction notice, please communicate with the other party. We recommend picking up the phone. Most disputes can be resolved this way.
3. Ratings If you used the offer/accept/bid tools on our site, you will be able to rate the other party to your transaction. Click the "Ratings" button in the marketplace navigation bar.
4. Official Report By clicking the "Abuse" button in the marketplace, you can report a specific member. If you are reported by another member, we will look into the claim and then take action as appropriate. Pending resolution of the issue by the reporting member, the member against whom a complaint is filed will have his record flagged and any member who reviews the offending member's ratings will see the number of unresolved complaints against that member.
Any misconduct on the Market Site is subject to the following penalties (and combination of which will determined in the sole discretion of RCUniverse.com):
- Formal Warning
- Removal of Listing with NO REFUND
- Suspension for a set period (to be determined by us)
- Indefinite Suspension
- Permanent Membership Revocation
Before you report abuse, we strongly recommend that you exhaust every means possible to communicate with the other party. If you have exhausted all attempts, please complete this form accurately.