Having a problem restraining your plane when starting the engine for a flight?
WE HAVE THE SOLUTION - The TAIL-HOOK
TAIL-HOOK it’s like a friend's hands holding your plane.
The TAIL-HOOK grasps the stabilizer in two special soft foam padded 18 inch arms which are secured to the ground with a 12 inch long x 3/8 round spike.
The Tail-Hook's is an advanced design to HOLD and RESTRAIN accessory for RC flyers.
It is easy to operate and complete detailed instructions are included with each order.
MADE IN the USA since 2002, Tail-Hook is constructed from high quality steel and heavy 1/16thick wall aluminum tubing.
The standard TAIL-HOOK is 18 inches long and will hold most planes. If the distance from the leading edge of the stabilizer to the end of rudder is more than 18 inches on your LARGER plane... you will need a custom made Tail-Hook.
To avoid problems, I need to know THIS about your big plane : HOW MANY INCHES from .. the LEADING EDGE OF STAB to the END OF RUDDER ?
*** If it measures more then 18 - you'll need a custom made TAIL-HOOK with longer hook arms ( see photo #5 below)
Check our buyers opinions and ratings regarding this product(in SELLER DETAILS box clickRatings).
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or need a custom made TAIL-HOOK (In Seller Details click on Ask Seller a Question).
1. Push the hold down spike, at the back of the TAIL-HOOK , into the ground by pressing on the steel crossbar. If the ground is very hard where you will be using the TAIL-HOOK ,you may need the optional FREE SPIKE MODEL, which allows the spike to be driven into the ground with a hammer.
2. Test that the TAIL-HOOK is secure by pulling forward on the hooks. It should not move, If it does reposition the spike.
3. Slide the tail of the plane between the arms of the TAIL-HOOK, and engage the hooks over the stabilizer.
4. Before starting the engine gently pull the plane forward to be sure that the hooks are engaged on the stabilizer.
5. Start your engine and do you preflight checks.
6. When you are ready to take off , walk over to the tail of the plane and grasp the tail of the plane, pull the plane backward until the hooks disengage from the stabilizer. The hooks will fall to the ground allowing the stabilizer to pass over them as the plane moves forward.
7. When its time to go home pull the spike up by grasping the crossbar only To avoid damage : DO NOT PULL BY THE ALUMINUM ARMS .
For very hard ground we recommend the FREE SPIKE model which can be driven into the ground with a hammer at an additional cost of $5.00. (see photo #3).
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE - return ... if not satisfied- contact us by e-mail. REFUND policy applies to returns within 10 days of our shipment date, and only to ---- CLEAN and UNDAMAGED unit.
Last login: 10/24/2016 9:33:PM
Location: MI, USA
I would like one of these from my 1/3 scale and 1/4 scale planes. The one i really need it for is my 33% sukhoi. it is aa hangar 9 but i do not have it at my house it is at my hobby shop and i do not recall the measurement is under 18 or not. hoping u would know if that would work. plane is 92" long. let me know what u think..
Last login: 1/27/2015 7:57:AM
Location: NJ, USA
Please read my ad description and how it's works, holding the plane when starting engine . Standard unit works for most sizes of planes. Big planes which measure over 18 inches from front of stab to the end of the rudder would need bigger custom made TailHook to fit.
Click this link --- http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/profile.cfm?section=ratings&memid=9925 to find rating of my customers