Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

540 size motors in Traxxas 1/16 cars

Old 11-18-2010, 10:38 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 540 size motors in Traxxas 1/16 cars

I know some people are doing it now, there's a motor mount or 2 available for it. Just curious to hear your setups and experiences. Thinking of doing something ridiculous to my new Rally VXL.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Carnage334

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 540 size motors in Traxxas 1/16 cars

I have the mamba 1/10 5700kv + MMPin my MERV. Thatthing is CRAZY fast with this motor. I can easily hit 50mph tunned low. Tunned for max speed on 3s I can hit about 75+, but its hard to even keep on the ground. I have had more than enough lid slides at 45 for over 100 feet.I have gone through SEVERAL slippers and broken parts. Its not hard to install at all. Takes about 20 mins to make everything perfect on a stock MERV. With your rally with any kind of slick hard drifting tire its notgoing to be worth it. You wouldnt get anywhere. As soon as you hit the gas hard all 4 wheels will just spin and sit there. In my eyes to much power for drifting. If you are looking to go fast in a stright line, then go for a 1/10 motor +ESC.