Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Are mini Ts done?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 01:35 PM
westphill24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are mini Ts done?

I havent touched any of my rcs in about a year so I put my mini Ts on ebay for sale. 1 stripped body, 1 needing a dogbone. Lots of extra parts, 2 brushless motors and a brushed esc and motor to put into the chassis. I didnt believe that the bids didnt go past $50. Have I been gone that long and mini ts aernt popular or did I just catch ebay at the wrong time? I know you dont get what you paid out but $50 for more than 300 worth of stuff is rediculous.

Comment please.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:01 PM
cooldriver385

Default RE: Are mini Ts done?

Are you leaving the hobby for good? And that is what sucks when you need to sell stuff is that you don't get half of what you originally paid. All RC's have a fixed value. What you may wanna do is just sell all of the parts individually and the brushless stuff individually as well. Then sell the trucks as rollers and you may wanna fix the broken parts. Then you should get far more than $50.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Mini-Ts are doomed unfortunately. I have stopped selling my RC stuff on eBay, the end prices were just terrible....

I pretty much stick to Craigslist, I seem to get better return on that site.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:14 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You won't get what you have into the Mini-T. I have 6 of them and know that I will never get what I have into them that is why I went ahead and kept them.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:25 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mini-T's are done for but their parts are still useful for Losi's other minis.. so my Mini T is just going to be a parts car for my Mini Desert Buggy.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Gex_61

I drive my Mini-T regularly, and occasionally buy replacement rollers online for around $50.

Mini-T is way cooler than Mini-Desert Truck, Mini-Desert Buggy, Mini-Slider, blah blah blah...
Old 12-30-2010, 06:38 PM
mrbonez

im with you on that GEX i still love my mini t's im just happy parts are still avaliblle for them .
Old 12-31-2010, 12:11 PM
jermpool

ORIGINAL: Gex_61

Mini-T is way cooler than Mini-Desert Truck, Mini-Desert Buggy, Mini-Slider, blah blah blah...

uummm...I know this just your opinion but why do you feel this way? I have a mini t, mini baja, and mini desert truck and I prefer the dt over the other2.

And for westphill24, Losi has took the mini t's basic design and made it a little better off the shelf by adding a rechargeable battery and oil filled shocks and they are only about 30 bucks more. You can usually find a used mini t with a few upgrades for around 75 bucks last time I looked. I dont think it has anything to do with popularity as much as there are so many of them out there that you just don't get a whole lot out of them, the whole supply and demand thing, huge supply so the demand isnt there.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:38 PM
Gex_61

Yep, if you ever buy a Mini-T, plan on keeping it.

They are all based of the Mini-T. The parts that aren't off of the Mini-T, I don't care for. Extended wheelbase, unnecessary roll cages and bumpers, themed tires and bodies... most if not all of them adding weight. It's good that newer cars come with bearings, turnbuckles, etc... but I would rather just upgrade the stock Mini-T.

I have a baja body for my Mini-T for when I'm bashing, but I still call it a Mini-T.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Allistair

The problem with used RC and Ebay is that those buying aren't always "into" the hobby.
A lot are looking for a cheap used alternative to get them "into" the hobby.
So then any extras of upgrades don't matter to them.

Most people, I've found, that use Ebay, use the 1/2 price method. Meaning if they are buying something that is used, with no guarantees or warranties, they expect to pay about 1/2 of the retail price for a new one. The Mini T new is only $99, so a used one for $50 is about what the average person with no experience in the hobby will look to pay.

Those that are into the hobby tend to treat everything like a rolling chaisis (I know I do) as electronics can be crap when you get it and need to be replaced.
I always assume the electronics are junk and non-functioning. Call me a pessimist, but I've been burned a few times on Ebay.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:25 PM
trx1
My Feedback: (2)

mini-t's rock! just picked up a NIB pro and finished building a stock mini-t. now working on a IBS, and need bearrings for it..any help??
Old 01-14-2011, 03:02 PM
The_Shark

its because its 2WD

people want 4WD as much as ricers want potato launchers.

4WD is fine and dandy, but i sill love 2WD