Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Good Servo For Micro SCT Truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 07:12 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good Servo For Micro SCT Truck

Need a little help, i started setting up my micro SCT for racing since there is going to be a class for it at the local mini-z. Ive raced mini-z for a long time and im dieing to get into this class but ofcourse i wanted to do it right. So starting off i rebuilt the shocks, ordered the relfex racing diff shim kit, ordered alloy ends, and carbon fiber chassis.

After a few horus of labor this what i came up with, i left the stock ESC unit and heat shrinked it for a nice clean look..........i soldered up a small lipo 2 cell to see how it would respond and.............ooopppsss i soldered the pack backwards and fryied the board........DAM IT

So i looked around in my box of goodies and found this LRP ESC i had that fits great in here and decided to install it, and i gotta same HOLY CRAP did the motor wake up and the best part is this ESC has no lag into reverse like the stock ESC unit had. I plan on ordering a micro AM RX (since i use the AM module on my 3PK radio for miniz) but for now i will leave this FM RX i have that will work fine for now. BUT NOW i do need a good servo for steering since the stocker will not work with a standard rx??? Whats a good servo i could use for this little truck, something fast maybe even digital???

Help me out guys i know nothing about servos in this scale!!!!

Old 03-31-2011, 09:07 AM
woodsrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good Servo For Micro SCT Truck

Some folks (myself included) are using the HXT500 from Hobbyking. It is generally assumed this is also the towerpro 9g servo, and maybe sold under another brand as well. I had to get creative to use the stock servo saver though since the spine is a very different size on it. The performance is good though, perhaps a negligible difference between the standard servo, but I (like you) had thrown in a better radio and needed a 3-wire servo.

I think hitec makes a good option too, the HS55 I think? Pretty sure you will have to get creative with the servo saver as well with that one - Losi likes to make their stuff proprietary.

BA
Old 04-02-2011, 09:08 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the help!! ive actually decided on which servo to get thanks to a friend in the heli world and the specs are pretty dam sweet, ill be getting a JR DS290G should be awesome.

Now im stuck looking for a servo saver that will work?? im looking at the micro RS4 servo saver or even the servo saver off the mini-t anyone else have some opinions???

FYI on a side note, is it just me or is there really not much interest in this car??? i love miniz racing and thought this would be a great class at my local track but i see finding info online on this little car is actually pretty hard to come by? what gives?!?!
Old 04-03-2011, 03:29 AM
woodsrider

The servo saver for a MiniT may not work either. Losi uses their werid servo output shaft size for that too. They do make a saver to fit the Hitec HS55 spline though, so if that JR servo has the same output shaft spline size, you're set... if not, you may have to get creative.

As for this car, you want to read these forums for a lot of good info..... http://microtforum.com
Old 04-03-2011, 10:56 AM
moezer

do you have to put a servo saver on the minis  and can u do with out them
Old 04-03-2011, 01:26 PM
mrbonez

its always a good ideah to use a servo saver even on the mini's
Old 04-09-2011, 11:44 AM
nastyboys727

dang luke its kinda funny i was just thinking of doin one of the sct's up my self
i got a lil losi dt now but its only 2wd i just seen this in my old mag i didnt know thay did a 4x4