Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

What is the most complete chassis to start a brusless project?

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

What is the most complete chassis to start a brusless project?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 11:09 PM
flipside7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the most complete chassis to start a brusless project?

I've been pondering many vehicles, and wanted an opinion for a new project.

So it depends on where I plan to run it, or how it's used? Nope, I just want a new brushless car to work on.
Onroad, or off- nope, either.

But I don't want to throw $ down the drain, so what comes the most complete as far as longevity goes, or what car requires the least improvement, or which comes with the best parts, or...

You get it. Any opinions appreciated.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:34 AM
HSVXU6

Default RE: What is the most complete chassis to start a brusless project?

1/8th scale buggy, Ofna or similar. Can buy new rolling chassis for elec or nitro. I have an Ofna Hyper 7 TQ28, great buggy and a fairly easy conversion to brushless. Ballooooons the tires real easy but has heaps of traction and gets up to speed real quick, running 14.8V lipo conversion
Old 06-20-2011, 07:09 AM
gokemidoro

Default RE: What is the most complete chassis to start a brusless project?

For minis, I'd stick with Associated.

Had Losi. Their 1/10th is good, but their minis (except for the mini crawler) and micros are too fragile. I hear good and bad (mostly bad) about Traxxas minis.

There's lots of clones coming out these days, too. Of them all, Ihave never had a single problem with Associated. Their new SC truck, the SC18 is an upgraded version of their older 18 seriesplatform. It has improvements over the older series and a new drivetrain. I have both, and the SC18 is definitely an improvement. It won't take much to get it the way you want. There are a few parts houses with parts for it, but bodies are few. I can find only one from RJ Speed.

Get the brushless version and there won't be much you'll need to do to it.

Swap out the tires and body, and it can do dirt, street, the track, whatever.