Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Project completed

Old 07-17-2011, 11:20 AM
DS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project completed

It's finished! Plenty of power and super fast as expected, full throttle no matter what speed the car is traveling at the front end is coming up! Plus side its not even that heavy. 90 out today and you could touch the motor for just about 5-6 seconds, good temp. The esc is cool also. Motor did a terrific job in my testing. Here she is. It's everything I expected when I first started to plan it. If i had to do it all over I would buy another exactly the same way. You build it how you want and dont have to deal with the crappy electronics that traxxas has to offer. I never tried 2s but I recommend going the low kv high (v) setup. Positives out weigh the negatives in so many ways. Love to hear your opinions. Here is a small testing vid, I did do speed runs and sure is fast. Stock trx gearing, drive train is super smooth and no clicking or weird noises what so ever. Rebuilt the shocks... glad I did, they are ultra smooth. Also Impressed with the tbone bumpers, offers support and acts as a wheelie bar too. With everything in there, its pretty light and couldn't be any more happy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5moHUkd7yWo