Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum
View Poll Results: A poll
Losi mini-t series (DT, DB, highroller, late model, sprint)
16.00%
Losi mlst series (2, limited edition, baja)
8.00%
RC18 series (B,b2,t,t2, 18r, MT, SC)
32.00%
Duratrax Vendetta series ( truck, buggy, touring, sct)
10.00%
Xray minis
24.00%
Others(name them)
10.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Best 1/18 RC ever made?

Old 09-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Radiner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 1/18 RC ever made?

Well, being pretty bored I was wondering what are the top 1/18 scale Rc vehicles out there. Cars/buggy/truck/truggy, please name(no crawlers please)! 1/16 vehicles such as the Traxxas series do NOT count because they are boring. Thanks!
Let me start off first, my most favorite is probably the mini lst series, or to be exact the mini lst2. I love the way it looks, but performance on the other hand is a bit cranky. Still love it
Old 09-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Best 1/18 RC ever made?

The xray m18t pro is the best 1/18th on the market, but then it should be, it's considerably more expensive than the others.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:59 PM
mrbonez

ORIGINAL: Foxy

The xray m18t pro is the best 1/18th on the market, but then it should be, it's considerably more expensive than the others.
^x2 have to agree . i love mini t's but the xray is the best imho
Old 09-01-2011, 06:03 PM
FloridaDude

+1 love my minis but the xray takes it!
Old 09-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

As said the x-ray is the biz but Im partial to the rc18 series.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:05 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like you need to add Xray to the poll options.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:03 AM
The Mad Modder

I would probably vote for m18, as I've heard so many good things about it.

I own a mini-t(actually a mini baja). The electronics were junk(everything including the motor died within 1 1/2 years) and the stock diffs don't hold up well to brushless power. Also the stock steering setup introduces slop over time and use. It's a fun car, but considering the cost to get it set up decently, you'd be better off paying more for a better car

The mini lst had a poor drivetrain(notice I say "had", it has been discontinued).

The rc18 t2 or b2 have problems with steering slop and drive belt rubbing(Foxy has a thread about it).

I haven't heard of many problems with the rc18(original) or the vendetta, so those would probably be decent choices.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:49 AM
burnineyes

I think this is a silly poll, but I voted anyways!

Im not sure the reasoning behind everyone saying Xray. Anyone care to explain why Associated has sold probably 30 times as many RC18s as Xray has sold M18s? I can tell you why. The M18 handles marginally better, but is much, much more fragile. Now you get to sit on the bench and talk about how fast your half-a-lap was while I win the race with my RC18. Look at any track around the world and the RC18 is by far a more popular choice. I would love nothing more than to say the Vendetta series was the best, but the fact that it needs $120 in upgrades to get around the track kills that idea. One thing I do give major props to Xray and DTX for the M18 and Detta, is the fact that their on-road specific models are much better suited to on-road racing than the only slightly different RC18R. On a smooth track the 18R does not stand a chance with comparable drivers and equipment.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Foxy

I'm frankly shocked you mention the rc18 in the same company as the xray. I've owned the old rc18t, the new t2, the non pro xray and the pro xray. The non pro xray is comparable to the rc18s (but still marginally better mainly because the steering doesn't flop around like a dying fish), but the m18t pro (pictured below) is in a whole other league. Perhaps you thought I was talking about the plastic xray. I wasn't.

Also, I think those market figures you quote are US only. But in any case, what car is the current US champion? The xray. Furthermore, if sales figures are anything to go buy, then that must mean the HPI hellfire is better than the MBX5t, it sold more units. lol.

Old 09-03-2011, 04:22 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: burnineyes

I think this is a silly poll, but I voted anyways!

Im not sure the reasoning behind everyone saying Xray. Anyone care to explain why Associated has sold probably 30 times as many RC18s as Xray has sold M18s? I can tell you why. The M18 handles marginally better, but is much, much more fragile.
Is this from experience or speculation? There are two reasons, imo, why the rc18 is more popular. One, Associated vehicles and parts are more widely available in the US. Two, the rc18 costs less. I don't know if you've noticed, but on this forum people are constantly making threads asking if a particular cheapo part or supply is "any good". So many people are looking for the absolute cheapest products they can get away with. The rc18 costs less than the m18 so, yeah, it's natural that more people are going to buy it. Plus, most RCers(at least in the US) are strictly bashers, so they don't need a super high performance car.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:40 AM
rschoi_75

I've owned every mini up there and more. In the end my vote would go to Xray M18T pro; with the duratrax vendetta series closely behind.

Of all the mini's I've ever owned no other 1/18th has ever matched the M18T pro imo. Its perfect right out of the box. It only needs to be built and tuned.

The vendetta is 2nd for me since they are tough and handle very well. I run a detta ST as my main mini scale basher.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:50 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

I would have to disagree with you guys.. The best mini on the market are the Kyosho Mini Inferno and Mini Inferno 09.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:06 PM
rschoi_75

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

I would have to disagree with you guys.. The best mini on the market are the Kyosho Mini Inferno and Mini Inferno 09.
They are great mini's but the OP was looking for 1/18th only.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:14 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: rschoi_75

Well if that is the case then it would have to be the Losi Mini-T..
Old 09-04-2011, 12:16 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: rschoi_75

Well if that is the case then it would have to be the Losi Mini-T..
I hate to disagree with you t9, I have a lot of respect for you, but this statement I find shocking. There isn't a losi product on the market that compares to any xray product. Have you ever owned an Xray? If not, you should try one, it might very well change your entire outlook on the hobby.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:48 AM
The Mad Modder

I hate to disagree with you t9, I have a lot of respect for you, but this statement I find shocking.
Shocking is right. As I stated in post #7, I had a very poor experience with the mini-t and as a result I will not be buying any more of losi's cars. Even if all of the electronics dying was just because I got a lemon, the drag link rides on the threads of a screw, so the steering slop slowly increases as you drive it. There is no excuse for that. They could have designed it to use shoulder screws so it wouldn't have that problem, but they obviously didn't care enough.

My mini baja

Also, the stock oil shocks leak badly and I had to shorten the front camber links and use the furthest out hole on the bulkhead to keep the links from popping off(they leverage against the bulkhead).
Old 09-04-2011, 02:44 PM
9five9

I don't care if it's not on there....my vote is for the mini e-revo.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Radiner

ORIGINAL: 9five9

MERV = 1/16 > 1/18 = no go

Now to everyone that owns or have driven the Xray mini, how is it compare to the Mini-z series? I know Mini-z is quite a bit smaller, but for sure Mini-z are great cars on carpet and they should have some similarity due to the fact that both on road cars.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:19 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: Radiner

ORIGINAL: 9five9

MERV = 1/16 > 1/18 = no go

Now to everyone that owns or have driven the Xray mini, how is it compare to the Mini-z series? I know Mini-z is quite a bit smaller, but for sure Mini-z are great cars on carpet and they should have some similarity due to the fact that both on road cars.
Apples to oranges, but the Xray is certainly far higher quality. You have to bear in mind, the Xray mini is the same price as a 1/10th, it's not in the same league as its peers. It's overkill.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:02 AM
rcslsafut

Of the ones i have ;(mini lst, mini t , micro t, micro rs4, rc18t ) the micro rs4 and the rc18t are WAY AHEAD of anything losi has ever put out !
i know the micro rs4 is not on there , but it needs to be ! ( very well built mini! )
Old 09-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Mr. Mugen

Well since I have them all and several of each I have to go with the obvious choice for me RC18XX Makes no difference which one IMO. They have the least amount of parts and are hands down the toughest out of the box and the fastest as well. What do you consider best? I consider best being the least needy of upgrades to make it tough and fun. Mini-t's are my favorite and having 8 of them speaks volumes. They do however need a ton of upgrades to make them this way. Xrays are IMO by far the "best" when it comes to the track (oval flat track). However not many people race so it is not the "best" IMO for the general public. Mlst.....well you can be your own boss on this one. I have had several of them in all forms....not my favorite. Detta's are the best on the offroad track IMO. They all out scream and make it look easy. They need lots of attn out of the box to make them tough enough to compete. All in all they are all good trucks. If "best" means for the average kid/guy then RC18XX it is.

Just my $.02

Kevin
Old 09-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Foxy

I would so be ready to agree with you if it wasn't for the terrible steering, that goes for both generations.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Steering is floaty at best.. Still fun. Ive never broken mine and I drive it hard.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:07 PM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who the heck voted for the Mini LST? Those trucks are the worst minis IMO.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:05 PM
hakmazter

If you like aluminum and you like the AE design....

http://casterracingusa.com/product.p...&cat=62&page=1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.