Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Why'd I smoke my battery?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 04:39 PM
RCJuice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why'd I smoke my battery?

So I took out my Vendetta for it's first set of high speed runs today; it has a Castle CM26, Mamba Max Pro 1/10 ESC and a Thunderpower 2,750mah 3S 25C lipo on it. It's geared for high speed runs (20/42). I did several runs today (no radar gun but I am guessing in the 60-70's, I'll post some videos in the high speed thread) and the motor temp was in the 170's, hot, but not excessive.
After a run I was turning it around for a return pass and I saw a ton of smoke pouring from it, and when I got to it it looked like one of the cells burst out the corner, there was a little burn mark on it.
The ESC was in auto-lipo detect mode it and confirmed the 3 cells on powerup, shouldn't the cutoff have been set right then? The battery pack wasn't even getting hot to the touch during the first several runs. I'm new to brushless and don't want to burn up another brand new lipo before understanding why I killed this one so fast.