Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Old-ish School Question (Micro RS4/M18)

Old 01-02-2012, 07:34 PM
MR.FEESH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old-ish School Question (Micro RS4/M18)

How's it goin guys

I still use my HPI Micro RS4 (which I realize is sorta outdated at this point) a fair amaount but the fact that it and all of its parts are discontinued makes things complicated every time a component breaks.

I broke both of the front inner wheels to my machine. (HPI #73401) (pic:http://www2.gpmd.com/image/h/hpic4241.jpg )

As I said before, because they're discontinued I can't find them anywhere, other than random-ass places in Australia.

From a while back I know that the XRay M18 is sorta similar, and I'm wondering if I can use the M18 inner wheel parts on my machine.
I can't tell from pictures if the front inner wheels are entirely compatable, but I get the feeling that even if they aren't that, I might be able to just change the front dogbones to M18 dogbones and that'll do me right.

Can anyone confirm/deny this? I'd really appreciate it.
Elby
Old 01-02-2012, 09:05 PM
jcr01

Default RE: Old-ish School Question (Micro RS4/M18)

You can try and see if this is in stock
http://www.advantagehobby.com/59348/HPI73401/?cat=519
Old 01-02-2012, 09:14 PM
MR.FEESH

I mean, it looks like it's not in stock...
Old 01-02-2012, 11:22 PM
The_Shark

i dont get it, is that the rim that the hubcap fits to or??? couldnt you use other rims and tires or?

most the cars i ever had where discontinued, every time i needed something it was a hunt, most the time they just sat there and rot and where canibalized for other cars, trust me, your better off selling it and buying something that has some parts availibility.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:16 AM
Foxy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I may be wrong, but I don't think they are compatible.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:49 AM
MR.FEESH

The part is an inner wheel that grips the front dogbones and propells the front half of the car via the belt driven front differential. I can use any wheel/tire combo for sure, but the part I broke is mechanically very important and unfortunately unavailable.

I probably will update to something more contemporary evenatually, but I'd like to make this model last as long as possible.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:21 PM
MR.FEESH

I believe I found a solution, or part of it at least. A few aftermarket producers make wheels for the MRS4 that forgo the inner wheel thing and just screw directly onto the front dogbone.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1054

Assuming they work I'd just need to slap some tires on them. The only MRS4 tires it looks like are still available are the drift ones which I'm not interested in.

What I have found are Xray M18 tires...does anyone know if M18 tires will fit on the micro RS4 wheels?

Thanks in advance!