Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Out of box upgrades - 1/16 E-Revo

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 04:32 PM
gvfdfirefightermark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Out of box upgrades - 1/16 E-Revo

Have a 1/16 E-Revo on the way should be here Tuesday. Just looking for some advice from people who have a revo and could tell me what I should upgrade right out of the box, besides batteries. Thanks for any and all help!!!

-Mark
Old 01-07-2012, 07:55 PM
USMC 0802

Default RE: Out of box upgrades - 1/16 E-Revo

Welcome to the board and a great hobby.

Igot into RC with my sons and got them 1/16 MERVs-they're awesome cars. Honestly Iwould stock up on RPMAArms,front bumpers get somespare half shafts and enjoy. See what YOUthink it needs before spending a bunch of dosh. It likely won't be your last RC purchase anyway...

Just my $.02. Enjoy!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Karontu

i run 2 of the stock batteries in mine in series and i spun the axels out of the plastic cups before the first charge of the packs was through. i would recommend getting some steel CVDs like i now have to.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:55 AM
RevoDave

+1 on the RPM arms
Old 01-10-2012, 12:31 PM
gforce2448
My Feedback: (12)

Yes on the RPM parts as well. Although I find the T-Bone bumpers are way better and more useful of a bumper. They will save you lots of money in replacement parts with their protection. But yes on RPM a-arms and axle carriers.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:01 PM
gvfdfirefightermark

I managed to snap an upper A-arm on the MERV but Ihave no idea how i did it, lol. But I ordered 2 sets of front and rear A-Arms ( not RPM, STOCK ) and 2 sets of turnbuckles and the other smaller ones. I have also managed to go through 2 servo gears, so I ordered 2 kits to replace the gears and i also contacted Traxxas and they sent me a new one, so i now have 3 servos, 2 with stripped gears that i havent gotten to get around to replacing yet. I have also managed to break both battery doors by bashing. So i put the female side of velcro inside the battery doors to create a little bit of a wedge and now the batteries stay in place without the battery doors. Now the only part i need to stock up on is axles and the drive train.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:57 PM
squeaky penguin

174 pages worth of answers

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8846989/tm.htm
Old 01-24-2012, 09:47 PM
cubnpede82

If you break it, fix it... not too much needed... we went through 1 set of servo gears, 1 front carrier (direct impact into concrete wall at skatepark, at about 25mph), and a front body/bumper mount... have added recently, RPM bumpers, A-Arms, and a set of carriers... all but the bumpers are in spares bin... and the wheelie bar, but there's snow here, so haven't tried it out... also added black springs and 50W in rear, tan and 40W in front... just cause...
Soon I hope to do a YouTube video on the servo gears, simple fix, no $, 5min. job... loosen the saver so it "saves the servo".... lubed it up and it's been fine
PM me if you'd like more info... hope to put the vid up soon, neighbor just got a pair or Summits and have been stripping servo gears, so I'm hoping this helps the community ... i only found a couple references online to this fix, but did find it with some searching....
Pretty tough on 2s ... 3s is too much to do anything with anyways... so we run 2x 2s 2000mAh Venom packs, about $20 each, in parrallel, and get good runtimes... I could see 3s making a greater need for parts...LOL but it wasn't as fun to me, anywhere...(skatepark, BMX track, general bashing) sure it was fast... but too hard to controll in this 1/16 truck... 2S is plenty!
Thanks to all for making RCU so great!