Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Newbie to MINI's

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 08:08 AM
cheech4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie to MINI's

hello all, im no stranger to RC but i am to MINI's. I need some help here i am interested in picking up one of these and breaking down which i want is tough. SO i am coming to you with open ears for suggestions. OK 1 thing money is somewhat not an issue and im a street and park basher, no bigger than 1/16 and no smaller than 1/18 size, not racing professionally either. i want a mini that's tough must be brushless and has a good radio preferably 2.4 GHz. now i know that there the AE rc18t2 out there that fits the bill, but i want other suggestions. now here are some questions that might sway me, does it have a metal tranny, can it be upgraded to a metal tranny. the must haves are it has to be tough and RTR, preferably brushless and able to use a 2S lipo. I have a charger lipo batts ready to go. again i would like a 2.4 ghz radio but a metal tranny can sway me other wise. OH and last a somewhat decent after market support.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:25 AM
kaianuanu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie to MINI's

I've been a mini enthusiast for about 6 years, and ive owned Associated's, HPI's, Losi's, and Traxxas's. And of all, especially the minis, Losi far exceeds the others. It seems like your looking for an offroad mini, and if your looking for something brushless & 2.4 ghz out of the box, I'd go with a Losi Mini 8ight, a 4wd buggy. I will be getting one in the next few months. A mini LST2 Limited edition is also a good choice, i have one and it is 2.4 ghz, and although it does not come brushless, it comes w/ lipo and you can get a 1/18 BL sytem for $40 online that runs just as good, if not better than xcelorin BL systems. However, the mini LST2's are no longer in production. Although the Mini 8ight is posted as 1/14th scale, i assure you they are much smaller than my "1/18th MiniLST2" or the crappy traxxas 1/16th minis

PS: if you are going to try to find a MiniLST2 it is imperative that you do a single servo conversion for about $50 from rccustomzone.com if you want your truck to be tough, the servos are the mlst's only weakness. However, a mlst with these mods is the best mini ever made IMO.