Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Micro rs4 esc lvc

Old 01-17-2014, 03:57 PM
jermpool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro rs4 esc lvc

On hpiracing.com when you download the pdf for the EN-2 esc for the new micro rs4 it says it is capable of handling a 2 cell lipo. After reading through the manual for the car and the esc I never saw anything about having LVC. I emailed hpi and still haven't got a response, it's been 4 days, does anyone here know if there is lvc on this model? If so how do you turn it on?
Old 01-17-2014, 10:48 PM
mrbonez

im fairly sure that esc has no lvc . as far as i know most brushed esc.s do not come with lvc,s.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:44 AM
jermpool

Originally Posted by mrbonez View Post
im fairly sure that esc has no lvc . as far as i know most brushed esc.s do not come with lvc,s.
The Traxxas xl-5, HPI sc-15, Axial ae-2, and Helion metric 30 amp esc are all brushed and all have a LVC. As popular as lipos are everything should have lvc these days. But you may be right I haven't found anything anywhere for this esc.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:02 PM
mrbonez

good call your right still pretty sure this esc has no lvc built in . i could not find much info on that esc .
Old 01-18-2014, 03:51 PM
jermpool

I took a shot in the dark today and hooked it to the Castle link and it wasn't compatible . I wish I would have known and I wouldn't have ordered a lipo with it. Guess I could still use just have to run a timer.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:06 AM
jermpool

I finally got a response from my email. It states that it is a personal email and I'm not allowed to copy the response. So in my own words they said it is NOT lipo compatible and they are changing the info on their site. So now I have a lipo and nothing to use it in.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:19 PM
mrbonez

so do they mean you cant run the lipo because the esc has no lvc, or because 8.4 volt is to much for the esc ? it is pretty cool that you got an email from hpi ) you could always hold on the the battery in case you go brushless in the future maybe .