Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Micro SCT Tires/Wheels/Axles

Old 01-18-2014, 07:21 AM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro SCT Tires/Wheels/Axles

Hi,
I'm trying to put bigger, more aggressive tires on my Losi Micro Brushless SCT. I like the looks of these wheels/tires:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Black-Chrome-4

But I can't confirm that they will work. The BL version of the SCT (That I have) comes with threaded axles:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...osi-Axle-Set-4

They look the same as the Desert Truck axles. Maybe a bit shorter. The Desert Truck tires look like they have the same "D" shaped hole in them that my current SCT tires have. If I buy those Losi Micro Desert Truck tires, will they bolt right on to my current threaded SCT axles?

If not, what parts will I need to make them work?

Thanks,

DieHarder
Old 01-18-2014, 12:09 PM
mrbonez

the wheels in the link wont work on the 1/24 sct they are for the 2wd losi and you have a 4wd. and as you noticed im fairly sure they are different widths.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:37 PM
DieHarder

I didn't notice that they are for a 2WD vehicle. I could purchase 2 sets though, that way I would have 4 drive-type wheels. Just a thought. They are quite a bit wider. That's why I asked about the axle lengths. The part numbers seem to be the same, but in the pictures they look different. Do you have an SCT? If so, what do you run for wheels/tires?
Old 01-21-2014, 09:58 AM
mrbonez

we always run the stock wheels they do very nice on our concrete . the dt wheels wouldn't fit the sct if i recall right there was a size (rim dish) that was the problem. have you looked at the 1/24 buggy ?? pretty sure those wheels will fit personally never tried them but they look pretty aggressive
Old 01-21-2014, 12:22 PM
DieHarder

I did see those ones on the Micro Truggy (4x4). I like the looks of them. I think I will use those with a Micro Truggy body to prevent wheel well issues. I'm also going to get one of those aluminum spurs. I figure with bigger tires, I should gear down. I was going to try the 58T. Is that too extreme? I hate stripping gears, yet I want a lot of acceleration while sustaining a nice top speed. Maybe 57T or 54T? What do you think?

Also, I'm getting the spoiler/wing for it too. I think if I leave my current SCT front bumper on, it should look pretty cool with the Truggy body. Personally, without a big front bumper on the truggy (Stock), I think the body makes it look smashed and flat like in front. It really needs some fixing up, and I think the SCT front bumper will do just the trick.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:31 PM
phmaximus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

checkout this thread DieHard...
http://www.microtforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21973
Old 01-21-2014, 07:07 PM
DieHarder

Thanks phmaximus! I think that settles that I should get the truggy tires. I did read that the SCT front bumper interferes with turning radius on the larger tires. They said to trim the front bumper. Were they talking about hacking the body (As in the bumper part on the body), or trimming the actual big front bumper that's screwed to the chassis?
Old 01-22-2014, 03:23 AM
phmaximus

it looks to be both. u need to cut the wheel arches and shorten the front plastic bumper
Old 01-22-2014, 05:07 AM
DieHarder

I mentioned above that I'm going to get a Truggy body for it, so that bumper is set. As for the other one, I see what you mean. With the stock SCT wheels/tires on it, the tires miss the front bumper by about 3/16". From the comparison pictures in that thread you posted, it showed the Truggy tire to be much bigger. At least 3/32" on each end of the tire. (Front and back) So It appears that I will have to cut the front plastic bumper at least 3/16" to get the same clearance I have now. I won't cut it though until I get the wheels/tires and measure it up for sure. I noticed Amain Hobbies doesn't carry the Mircro Truggy Wheels/Tires. I looks as if I will have to get them off of eBay. Thanks guys!
Old 01-22-2014, 04:47 PM
phmaximus

Yeah nar I thought that. I just mentioned the body incase that link goes dead.

if ya keen. When u get the bits, get some comparison photos.