Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Dromida dt 4.18 brushless.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 09:09 PM
ricksol91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dromida dt 4.18 brushless.

Hello, I am fairly new to the rc world, So I decided to get a Dromida dt 4.18 brushless from my local hobby store to get myself into the hobby. I have had it for over a month now and have only had to replace minor things thus far. Anyway today I was driving it around on my street I noticed when I start would give it full throttle it would start making a really loud high pitched screech. The only way I can think of how to explain it is like nails on a chalk board, So I went online looking for a new motor and besides the stock 5300kv motor it comes with I came across an Xfly 5300kv brushless motor for half the price. Can I use that? Also what are my other nimh battery options can I get a 1600 mah instead of the 1300s?. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:53 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

i don't know if the brushless motor has bearings or bushings, but lube them. see if that squeak doesn't go away.
unless something is wrong (gear mesh to tight, over geared, etc) a brushless motor shouldn't go bad in a month.

and yes, you can upgrade to a higher mah battery no problem. and, im not 100% (haven't really checked out the brushless versions yet) but i think you can even run a lipo battery.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:25 AM
ricksol91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great, thank your for the information.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:18 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have yet to hear of a brushless motor failure on these yet due to normal conditions. As mentioned try a few drops of light machine oil on both ends of the motor shaft.
Also check the pinion to spur gear mesh and check the grub screw on the spur is tight.
The brushless vehicles will take a lipo pack and that really makes them move !