Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

losi 1/18 desert truck brushless

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 01:06 AM
snhdss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default losi 1/18 desert truck brushless

Well, it has taken like 4 long years, but my daughters losi mini is almost complete. I've sank way too much money in this mini, but it's been a great father daughter project. Just about every upgrade available is done. Some not needed, mostly just eye candy. The heart and soul of the project is a mamba micro x. The original losi 25amp esc was dead on arrival, ive stored it for 3-4 years, took it out the box never used, and didnt work. Motor is the xcelorin 6000kv that came with the esc combo. It's running slipper 60tooth, with a 15tooth pinion is what's on it I believe. Powered by a 3s 1300mah lipo, also bought a prophet sport duo charger, Hitech hs55mg, flysky gt3c tx/rx, Cvds, metal gears in a metal trans, aluminum pivots, slipper, hr wheelie bar, gmp rear hubs, front c, bearings throughout, gpm aluminum oil shocks, aluminum bulkhead, aluminum bell crank, aluminum front and rear shock towers, rear anti roll bar, and aluminum arms. Truck is extremely fast, way too much for my daughter right now. I'm going to have to dumb it down for her a LOT. I've got a couple more pieces to get it to 100% fully how I want, but it's world's better than stock. At least it's running now!

https://youtu.be/wAG5hffdL0Q
https://youtu.be/ZTu_UFYE0Vo
Also, I've been working on getting my first hobby car back up and running. It's a futaba fx10 for those of you who don't know. This is old school here. All it needs is motor/esc, tx/rx, and a battery at this point. It's got a full thorp rear end, new age shocks front and rear, crp brace and front a arms, and i almost forgot, bearings instead of PLASTIC BUSHINGS haha. Neat buggy, really takes me back.

Last edited by snhdss; 05-14-2016 at 12:31 AM.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:45 AM
rc18junky

Thats is nice i like it !
Don't feel bad about what you spent on the upgrades i did the same thing lol
Dont let anyone tell you alloy parts are bad and will bend in a 1/18 there tough enough. For the front bumper that's just for show I hope because it wont last long lol. now on a 1/10 scale i say alloy is a bad idea

Last edited by rc18junky; 04-07-2016 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:05 PM
snhdss

Nice rc18. Yeah we've enjoyed building it together (me and my daughter). I built that fx10 when I was a little man, probably 5-6 years old, around 1991-1993. I remember building it with my dad on our kitchen table. It hasn't been run in around 20 years, it'll be a treat when I can tear up some dirt with it again. I've kept it all these years, and this past year started getting it ready. Hopefully she'll do the same with hers.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:01 PM
RCaddict80

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

QUESTION FOR YA ON THE RC18T. does the diffs slip on yours? how tight do you have them and how many kv is that mamba motor? i just built a factory team rc18t i put a 4500kv xcelorin motor and mamba micro pro esc. first run the diffs slipped all the way down the road lol. then i tightened them up backed off 1/4 turn now its a rocket!! unbeleiveable speed and power. how does yours run?
Old 04-12-2016, 01:06 PM
RCaddict80

Default mini t

super nice losi truck! i just built a mini t pro i put the dynamite 4500kv motor and msc bl18-hp speed control (same set up in the mini8) and its pretty torquie!! i been tring to find a wheelie bar like yours but online sources are out of stock and the 1/18 scale is being faded out. the strange thing about my mini t is that my rc18t has the 4500kv xcelorin motor and mamba micro pro esc and it will totally blow my mini t away! top end...low end dosnt matter. im starting to wonder if that xcelorin motor is faster than the dynamite version but that just dosnt make any sense. any suggestions?
Old 04-15-2016, 06:43 PM
snhdss

I'm not sure, as I've yet to run a 4500 dynamite myself. I know this little desert truck is a rocket. It's been a fun little project. I learned the hard way, lock tight all your screws. It's so fast it completely backs out every screw. Look on ebay for the wheelie bar.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:49 AM
RCaddict80

GOOD MORNING, yeah i been searching ebay for a wheelie bar no luck!!! even went to hot racing website says "out of stock" its so hard to get some of the 18th scale parts its becoming scarce! ebay is my local hobby shop! lol im about to be done with 1/18 scale. ive had my fun with it ive now built 5 1/18 scale trucks and i also have 4 1/24th and one micro t (1/36) all with brushless upgrades. i ordered a ready to run rc10T4.2 with the reedy 3300kv brushless system. i had my fun with the little guys now im gonna get back into 1/10th i have a rc10GT2 nitro and love it. but want electric.only thing is i been hearing alot of bad stuff about that reedy 3300kv motor. and ive read some great stuff about it to. so im probly gonna yank the reedy system in as soon as i open the box and put the sidewinder SCT system in it with either the 3800kv 4 pole 1410 motor or the 4700kv 1406 4 pole motor. i think 4700 is probly an over kill. and ive been learing with brushless motors you dont need the high KV motors to make it fast. you just need to know what your doing with gearing
Old 04-21-2016, 06:43 AM
snhdss

My next will be a mini 8ight-t. I'm going to build it from the ground up with exotek parts, and another mamba micro x setup.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:39 AM
RCaddict80

how fast do u think that green desert truck is with a 2s lipo? my mini t has a 4500kv dynamite motor
right now and the same speed control the mini 8 comes with. on 3s its crazy crazy fast an the torque is unreal! but on 2s the top end isnt great at all!! so i ordered the 6000kv dynamite version on my motor plus i picked up a losi xcelorin 8200kv motor. i havnt tried the 8200kv yet but i beleive its gonna be way too much i just picked it up cuz i paid 11 bucks for it and was only used once!! i think the 6000kv will work nicly. i dont wanna have to run 3s in my mini t to get the top end i want. im already maxed out on the pinion gear (17tooth) and the motor dosnt even get warm.on 3s it gets a little warm but can still lay your toung on it and not burn yourself!lol so most people are running 6000kv and higher in there mini ts but most are running the 4 pole mamba motor.id rather run the dynamite and xcelorin motors because they have 24mm cans vs mambas 20mm can which produces loads more torque and keeps cooler!!! and with torque comes higher efficiancy and taller
gearing. please let me know how yours runs with 6000kv.thanks god bless