Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

Will too much current fry it????Quick Question

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Will too much current fry it????Quick Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 12:03 PM
noobgoals

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will too much current fry it????Quick Question

Really quick question, I have a brushless Losi micro sct and I put in a 300mah 2s lipo and it runs pretty nice. I got kinda board of the truck and I found this 8000 mah 1s lipo, If I plugged this into the truck would it fry it?? And also what's the threshold in terms of maximum amperage or this truck? Thanks.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:59 PM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

You really need to learn some basic RC electronics. MAh ratings are the maximum current a battery can supply. The motor and ESC control how much is actually needed. But you also are looking at cutting the voltage in half and I don't know that your ESC could even operate at 3.7 volts.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:19 PM
noobgoals

The truck still run's on a 1s I just need very long run times, so will this work and not burn my esc?
Old 08-04-2016, 07:17 PM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Be aware that the longer run time means a greater build up of heat without any chance to cool down .
I would still keep an eye on the temps .
Old 08-15-2016, 08:58 PM
mav913

The mah rating would be the length of time the battery will discharge at a given rate. The 2S battery will be supplying 7.4 volts of current where as the 1S battery would be supplying 3.7 volts of current. Your LST will run slower with the 1S pack (if at all because it may not have enough voltage to power your truck) than it will with the 2S pack. By increasing the mah rating of a battery all you would be increasing will be the runtime length. I am not sure what the maximum is on your truck without knowing what ESC and motor you may have in it. If it is the stock Ready To Run setup it looks like the most it would safely take is a 2S (7.4 volt) battery pack.