Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

Great Rock Crawler for $30: HB - P1803 4WD 1/18

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Great Rock Crawler for $30: HB - P1803 4WD 1/18

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 06:58 PM
Rc Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Rock Crawler for $30: HB - P1803 4WD 1/18

This is my complete review of the HB-P1803 4WD 1/18 Rock Crawler, which I purchased for just under 30 USD from Gearbest. Here is the purchase link:

http://www.gearbest.com/rc-cars/pp_2...?lkid=10246133

For the price, I was not expecting much, and so, I was really shocked by the performance. To start off from the beginning, the package arrived in two weeks, and I used the available free shipping method. The box it arrived in was slightly damaged, but this did not affect the contents. As soon as I opened the box, I found a small container which included the accessories. Firstly, there were three AA batteries included for the transmitter. Secondly, the car battery was included, which is a 4.8 volt, 700 mAH ni-cd rechargeable battery. This battery takes 5 hours to charge, and it has a run time of 15 minutes. Also included in the box was a wall charger with an LED indicator to show when the battery is charging and when it is finished charging. The basic user’s manual was obviously included as well. As I live in North America, I requested a wall adapter to convert the EU plug to North American. This was included free of charge. Furthermore, the box included the transmitter, which is a pistol-grip style. This has an on-off switch, as well as an LED indicator to show when the transmitter is on. One negative aspect of the transmitter was that it did not have proportional throttle or proportional turning. Both of these were all-or-nothing. The transmitter is 2.4 GHZ, so this rock crawler has fast response time and can also be driven outdoors without signal interference. I found the range to be 50 yards, which isn’t bad.
Moving on to the last item included in the box, the vehicle itself. It is 1/18 scale, so it obviously does not crawl at the same level as 1/10 scales. However, considering it is less than a foot long, its performance is spectacular. The crawler has independent suspension, and it has a lot of suspension travel. The tires are made of rubber, and they do not have foam inserts. The car utilizes a bi-motor system to provide more torque and efficiency, as it is a 4WD vehicle. This means that the front and back wheels are run by separate motors, as well as the front wheels being controlled by a powerful mini-servo. The crawler has a battery compartment built into the bottom. After unscrewing the battery door, you find that the battery compartment is a little tight for the included battery. The car of course has an on-off switch, which is situated right next to the battery compartment. The car design is very cool, and it includes a detailed interior driver cabin, as well as a neat-looking fake spare tire on the top. The durability is impressive, as I have driven it through water and mud, and I have also dropped it from some small heights without any damage concurring to the product. As to be expected from a rock crawler, the speed is not great, as it tops out at 12 km/h. However, it does crawl exceptionally well, and it is able to get over 90° angles that are six inches tall. It can also drive easily through grass, dirt, mud, and snow without any problem.
In conclusion, due to the multi-terrain ability, rock crawling prowess, durability, and price, I definitely recommend this product.

Here is the product link:
http://www.gearbest.com/rc-cars/pp_227935.html?lkid=10246133