Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Upgrading wltoys a949

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 03:58 AM
pleitao

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Upgrading wltoys a949

Hello everyone
i bought a wltoys a949 to have some fun with my kid, but i am having so many problems with the car... everything broke down in 2-3 hours of usage. So i bought spare parts (all metal) and i was hoping to get it going for once!
Unfortunately, my brushed engine broke, so now i want to buy a brushless one, but i cannot find information on the internet about how to proceed. bellow are my questions, i would be very glad if someone could help me.

1) i am thinking about buying this kit, will it last long (considering a very normal usage.. on grass and on tarmac)? -2440 HR brushless motor + 35A ESC

2) do i need to buy a receiver? is this one good? TG-3 GoolRC originais 2.4G 3CH Receptor

3) will i need to buy another remote control (transmiter)? do you guys recommend an afordable one?

Cheers from Brazil!!!
Old 12-27-2017, 10:42 AM
pleitao

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one last thing, will i need to change the gear ratio as well?
Old 12-27-2017, 03:46 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

You will need to buy a new transmitter/receiver when you swap out/install new brushless system.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:44 AM
Igottabeme

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Goolrc TG3 transmitter (Austar AX5 same thing) is a good but cheap feeling tranmitter (it comes with the receiver). You can tell they kind of tried to model it after a spektrum radio. Anyways its not a bad choice. The stock servo is a 5 wire servo so will you need a new servo as well because the stock esc has the control board for the servo inside of it. Aftermarket escs will require a standard 3 wire servo. Just get a emax servo with the same dimensions as the stock one (metal gear or plastic its up to you). Really any brushless motor with a 2.3mm shaft will be good it just depends on how fast you want to go (higher kv more speed more heat lower kv better temps generally lower speed). The stock motor mount needs slight modifaction for proper gear mesh or just get the adjustable motor mount. The stock gears from what I understand are a odd size a 0.7 mod? So the stock 17t pinion is about your only option. Just get the metal pinion and spur upgrade. If you have not already you should upgrade the center driveshaft (if its plastic stock).

Last edited by Igottabeme; 01-07-2018 at 08:50 AM.