Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

What’s the difference between the Losi mini 8ght t and dB

Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

What’s the difference between the Losi mini 8ght t and dB

Old 03-15-2018, 06:12 PM
Play4Fun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What’s the difference between the Losi mini 8ght t and dB

Do all upgrade parts for the t work for the dB and vise versa ?
Old 03-16-2018, 06:45 AM
esavagenoobie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From a quick look at the two, the chassis looks like a direct copy on both, the upper and lower arms vary slightly, mounting points might be the same, the dB might just have more reinforcement within the A-arm itself while the mini 8T has less to save weight.

I think it comes down to whether you want a more scale looking desert buggy, or a truggy. There should be more than enough compatible hardware between the two though.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:03 PM
Igottabeme

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My advice would be to go to the Losi website and compare the part numbers of the stock parts. If the stock part numbers match for the part you are looking to upgrade then that upgraded part should fit both.

The mini 8ight t has been around awhile while the DB is new. Looking at the two the better esc and motor is in the DB. The DB looks to have a rebranded Hobbywing esc if thats the case you can buy a Hobbywing program card for that esc. The DB has a slightly larger motor so heat would be less of an issue. The T has a esc that I do not really like its not very adjustable setting wise. The 2435 motor in the T looks pretty quick and seems to move it well. But I would think you could start having heat isssues with it seems a little small to me. Pinions are easier to find for the 48p spur in the DB also.

For looks and powerplant I would go with the DB. For bashing truggies like the 8ight t are pretty tough.

If looking for a 1/14 scale I would look at the LC racing/Tacon 1/14 line they seem to be pretty tough out the box.

Last edited by Igottabeme; 03-16-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:41 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

short answer no.... they are different cars based on the same platform so no... not all the parts are going to be interchangeable, only the parts they share