Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

E revo 1/16 esc replacement?

Old 05-06-2020, 10:32 AM
Rito623

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E revo 1/16 esc replacement?

Hello people of the internet. I have a mini revo with a burnt esc and I was looking to get a aftermarket esc. Does anyone know of a good aftermarket esc to slap into this thing or would I have to go with the vxl-3m from traxxas? Appreciate the feedback
Old 05-06-2020, 10:29 PM
seedygreenute

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is not a lot of room in there !
Traxxas ones are over priced in my opinion .
Hobbywing make a 16BL30 which I have seen on Youtube in the Traxxas 1/16 .
30 amps seems a bit low but they seem to work in the videos .
A Hobbywing 10BL60 would be more to my liking but probably would not fit as good .
I have seen the ESC mounted on its side , as well as people cutting the chassis to fit an ESC in the battery compatment .
Which ever you get , you will probably have to solder on a battery plug and possibly bullet connectors for the motor .
Old 05-07-2020, 08:07 AM
Rito623

Ah ok I'll look into those. That's the trouble I've been having is finding a small one and I'm ok with modifying. Everything is a tight fit in that thing for sure and I agree that the traxxas esc's are over priced. Even used online folks still ask a lot for em
Old 07-07-2020, 11:31 PM
wayveman

Default inconsistent power vxl3m

hello all, whatup.
My question is regarding the 1/16 revo vxl. How am I to know when the vxl3m esc needs to be replaced? The vehicle runs, but has intermittent full power. So, when I hold full throttle, the car goes about 30% of its power, and then whenever it wants, it takes off at the real full power. There is no telling when or if it is going to go full speed at all. Uphill or off road it is not likely to hit full power at all. a smooth downhill will get 30% power for about 4 seconds then full power. I can manipulate a bit by going on/off..on/off the throttle, and that may cause full power.
this thing is a blast and a headache at the same time.
Also, i am running the high speed pinion and 2 nimh in series.

thanks

1/16 MERV / stock motor&esc / savox steering servo / RPM upper and lower, front and rear arms / RPM hub carriers, steering block
Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM
Rito623

Default Maybe calibration will help

Try calibrating your esc. I've had trouble before and calibration fixed it up, not necessarily the same issues your having but still worth a shot. Pretty simple to do and if you YouTube traxxas esc calibration theres a minute video from traxxas on how to do it. Hopefully that helps. My esc went because I put dual lipos lol fried the thing pretty easily with all that current