Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Axial Yeti Jr. Rear Drive Shaft FAIL!

Old 01-10-2021, 11:14 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Axial Yeti Jr. Rear Drive Shaft FAIL!

I recently acquired the SCORE version and I"m disappointed with the rear drive-line setup. It's a "floating" plastic dogbone between two drive cups; one being made of Nylon or Delrin. My issue is that it always like to sit at the edge of the axle cup and barely catch the groove. Then it does pop out of the grooves but stays between the cup openings so the pins grind on the face of the cup. Now the steel cup in the axle has been shaven down enough that it doesn't engage with the dogbone. Why didn't Axial use a CVD on one end with a dogbone / cup on the transmission end OR use a double CVD or even double U-join with a telescoping driveline?

This brings me to my point: does anyone make a CVD upgrade rear drive shaft for the Yeti Jr. Platform? I found the Axial steel dogbone and GPM makes something similar. But they're still dogbones. It's looking like I'll have to creatively fabricate or Frankenstein a driveshaft intended for another vehicle to fit the Yeti Jr.