Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

xmods vs miniz

Old 12-24-2005, 03:32 PM
Cheezman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: xmods vs miniz

ORIGINAL: xmod master

cheezman what cars do u have
Check "[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/profile.cfm?section=models&memid=189418]My Models[/link]"...

...I have two Xmods (One Gen 1, one Evo), I had six at one point, but I down sized. The Evo is running fine, but my Gen 1 is awaiting a new ESC from a team mate... the mail has been kinda slow lately.

I'm getting an F-150 Evo (truck) and that will pretty much end my Xmod days. LOL, I'm trying to get away from Xmods and into MiniZ's, but no place locally sells the MA01.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:39 PM
xmod master

u should try ebay and get the new awd mini-z i seen and there about todays ago o yea got new xmod and wood like to no what is the best mod to get to make it turn better does the suspension and tie rods make it better
Old 01-03-2006, 01:33 PM
xmod master

in the awd kit do u need to put the rear red gear in the back can i not just kep the stock one in
Old 01-22-2006, 12:31 AM
mariodx3

wow thats a site. I know what i am going to get now. Thanks robertbyrd...
Old 02-02-2006, 02:26 PM
xmod master

is the tighter turning mod a good thing r is it not worth it
Old 02-04-2006, 06:09 PM
xmod master

can some on answere my Q? is the tighter turning mod a good thing r is it not worth it
Old 02-05-2006, 06:35 PM
minirc963

I PERSONALLY LIKE THE XMODS BETTER JUST BECAUSE I HAVE ONE. I GOT ALL THE UPGRADES FOR IT. I THINK THE MINI Z IS A RIP OFF. I DON'T SEE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO
Old 02-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Cheezman

ORIGINAL: minirc963

I PERSONALLY LIKE THE XMODS BETTER JUST BECAUSE I HAVE ONE. I GOT ALL THE UPGRADES FOR IT. I THINK THE MINI Z IS A RIP OFF. I DON'T SEE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO
MiniZ out handles an Xmod, it has smoother electronics, a better servo, more tune ability (camber, caster, and toe), easier to get replacement parts, after the initial starter price, parts are relatively cheap. Also MiniZ are a hell of alot lighter, and just all around better built, mainly due to their smooth drive train.

I used to think like you, then I realized, I was being an arrogant moron, so I seen the Kyosho light... and I bearly care for my Xmods now, and I am looking to buy a MiniZ soon. Also, don't type in all caps, it's annoying.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:49 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You probably would if you raced one on an RCP Track.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Cheezman

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

You probably would if you raced one on an RCP Track.
Correction: If you raced one in general. That was my turning point, just beating around with a borrowed one in my Kitchen.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:09 PM
xmod master

i got a mini mauler last week i think is good for the money and it good a climbing things so wa u think of them?
Old 03-07-2006, 04:18 PM
briankstan

you would if you had ever driven a Mini-z. ther is no comparison.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:55 PM
RS4rallydriver

I've driven a mini-z before, and I still like my x-mod.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:26 PM
vtl1180ny

I'm contemplating another 1/28th... I have 2 Xmods and honestly I don't particulary care for them. I just can't get around the POS remote control, RS should charge 10 bucks more and give you a real remote. I use my 3PK with all my other cars (I have a lot) and the RS controler it a toy...

Still contemplating between a Mini-z or an Iwaver... AWD is not an issue, as all of us dinosaurs already know, a direct drive pan car will out turn and out handle these new TC's on anything but the slickest of surfaces....
Old 03-07-2006, 08:40 PM
danielst

I second that... I picked up an AWD chassis the other day. While it's cool in its own right, I vastly prefer the MR-02 (both MM and RM) to it. They are faster out of the box and handle better (with the caveot that you replace the stock tires on the 02's). The funny thing is, I put some 20's on the front and 8's on the back of the AWD and hated the way it drove. I felt it drove much better with the stock, hard rubber tires. With the good tires, it was very twitchy and hooked up so well that it was actually harder to drive. There was no slide at all, give it the slightest of steering input and the thing went that direction right now. For the record, all of my running has been on RCP, so I can't comment on any other surface.

I know that when we have our bi-weekly races at the hobby shop, an occasional X-Mod will show up, and stock for stock, it is completely outclassed by the Mini-Z's. Even some rather modified X-Mod's have been run and they struggle to run anything near the pace of the stock Mini-Z's. Once you jump up to the classes where more modding is allowed (i.e. ball diffs, bearings, etc... but stock motors), it is even more of a gap between the two. But, if your just bashing around and doing it for the fun of it, buy what you want. If your running with your buddies and everyone agrees to go X-Mods, then the racing will be just as fun.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:55 PM
vtl1180ny

I'm sure the Xmods can be made to handle as well as or better than any comparable 1/28th, but the radio is just hideous.... I want a Hobby grade radio if I can't use my 3PK....
Old 03-08-2006, 01:48 PM
RS4rallydriver

The transmitter is the one thing that I don't like about the xmod. I am currently poking at the idea of trying to modify the evo to use a standard radio/reciever and possibly esc. it sounds like alot of work, but I think that a decent transmitter would make the car 100% better. I'll let you all know how that goes as soon as I get the necessary equipment to do it.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:13 PM
DTAK

defianately get a mini z. they are so much better in turning, but the electronics on the mini z's arent too sharp.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Thunder Tiger EB4 S2

My old stock xmod on dyno did 15 km, how fast does new stock xmod go?
Old 03-17-2007, 10:11 AM
Thunder Tiger EB4 S2

There is no fun driving stock xmods because they are slow, but if you upgrade them you can go about 50km and its sooo much fun driving them.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Thunder Tiger EB4 S2

If you don't like xmods twichyyy wheels just put small spacers between wheel and knuckle, and your xmod will turn better and wheels won't shake.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Hacker Da-Cracker
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

mini-z is way better then xmods.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:12 PM
notnomo

i have a xmod with all the goody's and my buddy has a mini z and when we race and it dosent matter who's driving witch one the xmod always comes in last. im going to try for the get a mini z for x mas

ps. xmod can use up some battery's fast [&o] just some food for thought
Old 12-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Big Green Machine

Xmods don;t even compete. There chassis are based on the oldest of the mini Z chassis which was solid all the way threw. the MR-02 chassis have a shoch in the back half of the chassis that makes them handle way better. Not to mention the Xmods are just plain cheaply made. This thread is old and inrelivant these days. Start a new thread that is a better comparison comparing the Iwavers and Firelaps to the Mini Zs They are nearly identical and even have betteer looking remotes and are about half the price. Xmods aren;t even contenders anymore.

I own a gen 1 xmod with bearings and a 6 cell mod I made for it and its fun to bash around becuase it only cost me $20 and my buddy has one but they are toys compared to real RCs like the MIniZ.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:50 PM
dmcdermott92

Don't expect a chevy to keep up with a ferrari