Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

xmods vs miniz

Old 02-15-2004, 07:34 PM
cutwag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: xmods vs miniz

Yes -- Get an X-mod and a mini-z! They are gonna have the first indoor track for X-mods and mini z's in New Hampshire at R/C crazy... thats what i heard anyway
I think it is RC-Crazy.com and i think it is supposed to be big time professional run xmod and mini-z races.
[link=http://www.rc-crazy.com]RC-Crazy[/link]
Old 02-16-2004, 05:41 PM
xyz

my xmod stats these r only my performance upgrades
-my xmod has 6 cells
-nml stage 10-
-hard tread tires
-4.5 degree tie rod
-custom sealed bearings

burns my frinds miniz evry time by a lot.he has some upgrades on his too. i probably bet that miniz are faster than xmod stock but mines very fast and keeps a very good lead on any miniz it races. i do admit to liking miniz more than xmods but the price is a lot cheaper for the money.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:45 PM
AtomicMods

XYZ, are your beaings the 2.5 wide ones? If so how do they work? I am talking to a chinese bearing maker about adding these to my product line.

I am also curious if your Stage 10 beats my Lithium Ion XMODS, take a look at the videos and let me know what you think please.

http://www.atomicmods.com/video.htm
Old 02-16-2004, 07:47 PM
xyz

no my bearings r 2.0mm wide
and from those videos i doubt my xmod is faster than ur lithium ones.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:56 PM
AtomicMods

Interesting, I always wondered just how fast the NML motors were. What is you battery configuration and are you FETed? And where did you get your bearings and what did you pay?
Old 02-16-2004, 09:19 PM
xyz

no i am not feted and i am running 6 duracell rechargebles. i cant say weather the nml stage 10 is accually faster than ur lithiums because its a video but from what i see thhose batts are realy fast
imagine a nml stage 10 with lithium batts[sm=rolleyes.gif].
and as for the batts i got them from a hobby shop in a city named elcerito in california
i cant remember the name tho cuz i hardly ever go there ill get the name asap tho

p.s oh ya and i paid 25 bucks for the bearings.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:21 PM
AtomicMods

Its the bearings I was wondering about. I am about to start selling sealed XMOD bearings and motor bearings and was doing market research. like where did you buy them and what did you pay.

I would like to get an NML and try it, I'll bet it would be wild.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:25 PM
xyz

the place is called kit and kaboddle
Old 02-16-2004, 10:43 PM
chase044
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: RE: xmods vs miniz

tamiya alos make a awd speed thing that you set your car on and it tells you how fast its going. and people at other forums have them and say they are going over 12 mph before they moded them. also do you think when they were doing the review on the mini-z they used rechargables and when they did the xmod they used alkalines. tha rechargebles make it go alot faster without even adding cells. so that could be why they only rated it for 6. something mph. the rechargesbles are consitered stock because they require no mods or any more work to put them in than alkalines. except for charging. ive seen movies of people with xmods that go as fast as 30 mph. with lipo packs, fets and higher voltege capasitors. i like the xmod beter than the mini-z because its cheaper and is as good as the mini-z. you can get a xmod spend a 100 on it and have it go faster than a mini-z for the same price.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:48 PM
xyz

Default RE: RE: xmods vs miniz

water dipping the motors also helps

http://www.xmodworld.com/modules.php...pping+tutorial
thats the link to a water dippin tutorial
Old 04-01-2004, 05:19 AM
rogueangel2k

You know an easy way to remedy the X-Mods vs. Mini-Z thing is to have an X-Mod owner (ME) and a Mini-Z owner (Whomever) get together on an agreed upon track, and just race. Now I live in Little Rock, AR, I own an X-Mod, Stock motor with bearing upgrades. Still 2wd but it handles great, just gotta learn your car. A good RACER should never be hampered if he has at least a modestly decent ride, an X-Mod is just that, for the price, and I bet a stock Mini-Z with bearings, and a stock X-Mod with bearings would be at the least, a fun filled day reeming the two out, but that's just my opinion. I would venture two good drivers and two machines would be a very competitive race. If you are in the Little Rock area and wanna race, hit me up... [email protected] I'd love to post the stats on this page for you all to see

Old 04-01-2004, 12:52 PM
Intelligentsia

Have any of you ever seen or used the ABC DTM SP cars? I recently ran one of these at a local carpet track here and there was no way that the Mini Z's would keep up. I was beating the XRAY M18's on the track with the little car.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rogueangel2K,
I'm sure I already posted this before but there were a few Xmod owners here who converted to Mini-Zs, so quite frankly, they were racing their Xmods against Mini-Zs on an RCP Track, which Radio Shack has now decided to sell as well, but under a slightly different name. The same RCP Track is also sold by Kyosho and a few other companies. It also makes me wonder if Radio Shack got the idea for their Xmod from the Mini-X.

Intelligentsia,
Although I haven't seen the ABC DTM cars, I would like to see a few pictures. Myself, I've considered ordering the Mini-X. Have you ran the Mini-X? From my understanding, it can use a standard AM radio, can hold 6 batteries, can use Kyosho Mini-Z tires, has AWD standard, has a motor mounted like the Xmod, and there is a basic kit without a radio for around $22.00.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Intelligentsia

All I can say is that of these smaller race cars that the DTM SP on carpet is untouchable. The car steered and drove as a pan car. In fact it, it very closely resembles a pan car in its design. I drove the car with six cells and a stock 180 motor.

As far as the Mini X, I have heard nothing but bad things about them. I have heard of issues with the suspension, drivability as well as durability. Based upon the recommendations of others, I would side against the Mini X. I do however give a thumbs up to the DTM SP!
Old 04-01-2004, 01:53 PM
ashamans

i fail to see why someone would want a mini-z over an xmod.......

"crappy turning range" = resistor fix...99 cents
"bad electronics" = fet upgrade..free

so for $51 you have car that is better that something $100 to $150........
Old 04-01-2004, 01:54 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

I've been wondering about the Mini-X and one reason I've been putting it off are the electronics--close to an Xmod? Did you run the DTM SP on Ozite? I've never tried anything lower than a 20 on my Mini-Zs so I know it can't handle ozite carpet worth a darn. If I didn't have an RCP Track to run on, my next step would have been locating foams. By the way, I've noticed that you've posted a few times on Bill's board.

Have you seen these Mini-Zs--Bad to the Bone.

http://home.no/kazifoto/nnny/hi.jpg

http://home.no/kazifoto/nnny/bak.jpg

http://home.no/funflyer/cb3/cb3_under.jpg

http://www.home.no/funflyer/pro27/pro_3.jpg

http://w1.367.telia.com/~u36707229/mini/mcl2.jpg
Old 04-01-2004, 01:59 PM
Intelligentsia

I ran both the DTM and the Mini Z on Ozite. I previously thought that the Mini Z was pretty fast on the carpet until I setup and drove that DTM.

I don't really know much about these 1/24 scales I just know how to setup and drive a car so the more specific upgrades I know nothing about.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:01 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: ashamans
i fail to see why someone would want a mini-z over an xmod.......

"crappy turning range" = resistor fix...99 cents
"bad electronics" = fet upgrade..free

so for $51 you have car that is better that something $100 to $150........
Myself, I don't care for Tandy/RS. I also like the Kyosho bodies a lot better than what the Xmod has on it. And yes, I realize part of the higher cost of the Mini-Z is for the body. However, I also purchased one of those $50.00 C5-R R/Cs from RS. I then removed the body and mounted it on a Yokomo YRX-12WE. And the rest of the RS car, who knows where it is now. Consequently, it is not always about money at least to me anyways. If it was, I would have probably purchased the Mini-X which is even cheaper than an Xmod.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:11 PM
ashamans

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

Myself, I don't care for Tandy/RS. I also like the Kyosho bodies a lot better than what the Xmod has on it. And yes, I realize part of the higher cost of the Mini-Z is for the body. However, I also purchased one of those $50.00 C5-R R/Cs from RS. I then removed the body and mounted it on a Yokomo YRX-12WE. And the rest of the RS car, who knows where it is now. Consequently, it is not always about money at least to me anyways. If it was, I would have probably purchased the Mini-X which is even cheaper than an Xmod.
you could just mount a mini body on a xmod...and mini-x....lol

and on the c5-r, thats not a xmod and i'm not defending any other rs crap, just the xmods

i do know one thing though, i've heard it takes a bunch of money to make a mini-z race ready(like $400 to $500), on a xmod, you really don't need anything but a better motor and the risistor thing and whatever you prefer to have (awd, springs....)

and anotherthing to note, i like the mid-mounted motor, so that makes me biased to xmods(i'll be getting a xray m18 rather than a micro rs4)

and correct me if i am wrong on the race ready thing for mini-z's
Old 04-01-2004, 03:12 PM
ashamans

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

I've been wondering about the Mini-X and one reason I've been putting it off are the electronics--close to an Xmod? Did you run the DTM SP on Ozite? I've never tried anything lower than a 20 on my Mini-Zs so I know it can't handle ozite carpet worth a darn. If I didn't have an RCP Track to run on, my next step would have been locating foams. By the way, I've noticed that you've posted a few times on Bill's board.

Have you seen these Mini-Zs--Bad to the Bone.

http://home.no/kazifoto/nnny/hi.jpg

http://home.no/kazifoto/nnny/bak.jpg

http://home.no/funflyer/cb3/cb3_under.jpg

http://www.home.no/funflyer/pro27/pro_3.jpg

http://w1.367.telia.com/~u36707229/mini/mcl2.jpg
teight!....is that 1/28?

this is mine

for more: http://www.xmodworld.com/modules.php...view_album.php

sorry for blurry pics, my 2.0 megapixle camera doesn't like small things.....
Old 04-01-2004, 04:42 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: ashamans
i do know one thing though, i've heard it takes a bunch of money to make a mini-z race ready(like $400 to $500), on a xmod, you really don't need anything but a better motor and the risistor thing and whatever you prefer to have (awd, springs....)

and anotherthing to note, i like the mid-mounted motor, so that makes me biased to xmods(i'll be getting a xray m18 rather than a micro rs4)

and correct me if i am wrong on the race ready thing for mini-z's
In my opinion, both the F1 and the MR-02mm Enzo handle very well and are pretty much race-ready RTR. The only thing really needed is a faster motor, rechargeable batteries, and a set of tires to match the track surface. The MR-02rm (NSX) needs a little more work in my opinion, but the rm (rear mounts) has a different type of motor mount and is probably more of a personal preference than anything else. The older MR-01s do appear to need a lot more work, considering some of the MR-01 hop-ups are standard on the MR-02s. All the other options are more of a "fine tuning" issue as far as I am concerned.

Right now my Enzo has the following option parts: Kyosho X-speed motor, oil-filled shocks, diff, bearings, stainless steel kingpins, and a carbon fiber t-plate. The only reason it has a cf/t-plate is because someone crashed into me full throttle and broke the stock t-plate. I then purchased the cf set, so I could experiment with it on the track. I could have also got by without the diff by adding a little grease--the diff set simply adjusts by holding the gear and turning the tire. The bearings simply remove some slop, but the plastic bushings work fine when they are new. I also have an adjustible motor case and other non-Kyosho springs but have removed them for the Mini-Z-Cup Regionals and RCX.

My F1s do have more "suspension" hop-ups, such as springs and an oil dampener, but again it is more of a fine-tuning issue to match the track. The F1 also doesn't have a stock suspension shock as does the MR-02s; however, Kyosho offers the option of an oil shock or an adjustable dampening set. My F1s are currently Kyosho only and will probably remain that way.

By the way, I'm glad you appreciate the links to the hopped-up Mini-Zs. And as I wrote before, I do believe that the Xmod is probably a better outdoor or hard surface vehicle than the Mini-Z. I also believe that the Mini-X would probably be a better project vehicle than either the Xmod or Mini-Z. I also already own an Xray M18--I never liked the HPI RS4 though it was the second R/C car I thought about purchasing.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:09 PM
AOClaus

slowmo, XMods are good cars. They are a reasonable price, have plenty of upgrades, are great for getting into this kind of hobby, and have a decent selection of cars. Personaly I wouldn't get a Mini-Z, why well because from what I understand they don't have independant rear suspension, the entire back part of the car with the rear tires and motor moves up and down when you go over a bump, someone correct me if I'm wrong. But that right there turns me off. If you want to get a more expensive mini RC go for Kyosho's other mini car, i believe they are Mini-T they have all the features of both XMods and Mini Z as well as being the same scale as model cars. That means you might be able to take regular model cars and adapt their body to fit onto the Mini T giving you a much wider selection of cars to choose from.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:17 PM
Intelligentsia

Huh?

So you are saying that the fact that the Mini Z has a solid rear axle is reason not to buy it?

These cars are designed to run on smooth surfaces and as a result, independent suspension is not necessary.

The fastest electric R/C cars that I have ever seen are solid rear axle cars.

As far as Mini-T bodies... I have no clue as to what you are talking about.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:49 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: AOClaus
Personaly I wouldn't get a Mini-Z, why well because from what I understand they don't have independant rear suspension, the entire back part of the car with the rear tires and motor moves up and down when you go over a bump, someone correct me if I'm wrong. But that right there turns me off. If you want to get a more expensive mini RC go for Kyosho's other mini car, i believe they are Mini-T they have all the features of both XMods and Mini Z as well as being the same scale as model cars. That means you might be able to take regular model cars and adapt their body to fit onto the Mini T giving you a much wider selection of cars to choose from.
Is your post a serious post or just flawed to provoke laughter? First, the Mini-T is made by Losi and it is an 1:18th scale stadium truck ( http://www.teamlosi.com/kits/mini-T.htm ) which means that the bodies are too large for a 1:28th scale "Kyosho Mini-Z" ( http://www.kyosho.com/cars/kyod02xx.html ). Another R/C which I own that has the same type of set up as the Mini-Z, which you so dislike so much, is a Yokomo YRX-12WE. Yokomo lists that kit at $365.00 ( http://www.yokomousa.com/index3.htm ) and that kit is based on the 2000 IFMAR World Championship winning car. Of course, the radio equipment, ESC, motor and batteries are not included with the YRX-12WE. However, my point is that there must be something good about the suspension set up. Furthermore, you can adjust Mini-Z rear suspension through different suspension plates, shocks and springs. And last, but not least, if you attempted to refer to a Mini-X instead of a Mini-Z, the Mini-X is not made by Kyosho.

Edit: If by slim possibility you meant the Kyosho 1:28th scale Mini-Monster Truck instead of the Mini-T, I own one of those too. It is a cool little truck, but it's handling and characteristics should not be compared to the Mini-Z-MR-02s simply because they are the same scale size.

Old 04-02-2004, 03:06 AM
ashamans

what you guys think of my xmod?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.