Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

My scorpian has come

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 06:44 AM
mad_taffy2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My scorpian has come

Hey guys

took my mini-t out for a bash yesterday and the stock motor stoped working [:@] i think it was the 8.4v packs so last night i ordered a cheap 300 motor temp untill my scorpian come

about 12 today mr postman had 3 parcels for me 1 from america so i signed for them and quickley ripped open the packs it was the cheap 300 motor and my scorpian motor and my servo so i took the old plugs of the broken motor and droped them onto the scorpian put it into my baby-T and full throtteld it om my tiled kitchen floor and it wheeled omg how fast is this baby cant wait to take it out in some wide open space

so the other 300 motor will have to be kept as a spare

i got oil shocks comming soon so it should handel a treat all i need now is my new sets of tires which will have to wait mine are ok now apart from being totaly bald[:-]

cheers to all of u for all ur help in choosing the motor especialy NYYSR cheers buddy [8D]
Old 06-08-2004, 10:36 AM
thatscold

Default RE: My scorpian has come

Hi

Where did you order the parts from in the states? How long did you have to wait for delivery. I'm interested because the parts are in very short supply in the uk at the moment.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:25 PM
RYANO218

How long is the run time with that scorpion?
Old 06-08-2004, 03:26 PM
mad_taffy2k

it tooks 2-3 weeks to come from the usa

i get about a 20-30min run time and its very fast im using 8.4v packs
Old 06-08-2004, 05:06 PM
NYYSR

no problem glad 2 here it mate.
now heres some more good news, the stock electronics can handle the new 8 cell 9.6V bat packs made by
http://www.blindbatts.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=148
ive been running the 8 cell bat for almost 2 weeks now with out any problems what so ever.
hey did you get the O ring kit for your losi oil shocks?
its a must so you can stop the oil weep problems with the losi shocks.

thatscool, you can get the motor from http://www.b-p-p.com/Mini-T.htm
its 25.00 with the motor mount.
cheers mate
Old 06-08-2004, 05:33 PM
mad_taffy2k

im sorry mate i went against ur advice and got the gpm shocks i liked the look of them and some 1 i now has the losi's and i thought they were crap
ill let u know what they are like

im happy with my 8.4v but when needed ill upgrade to thoughs babys is the speed increased much and what are the benefits of them over the 8.4v
Old 06-08-2004, 07:00 PM
Project_2501

an extra 1.2 volts of power. probably 3-5 more mph because of the motor. sounds good eh?
Old 06-08-2004, 08:11 PM
NYYSR

ORIGINAL: mad_taffy2k

im sorry mate i went against ur advice and got the gpm shocks i liked the look of them and some 1 i now has the losi's and i thought they were crap
ill let u know what they are like

im happy with my 8.4v but when needed ill upgrade to thoughs babys is the speed increased much and what are the benefits of them over the 8.4v
lol its cool, hey anythings better than the crap stockers[:'(].
but yea Project_2501s right on the money and also about 2-3 min longer run times.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Intelligentsia

Actually NYYSR with the additional 1.2 volts his runtime would decrease.

9.6 volts on a speed 300 motor especially one with the timing advanced will severely reduce the motor's lifespan. If I were you mad_taffy2k I would call it a day with 8.4 volts.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:20 PM
NYYSR

actually your wrong, i think i would know being that i have run this set up for about 2 weeks now.
but thanks again for your imput.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:22 PM
Intelligentsia

Bro,

Trust me your run time will decrease! To put this simply, you are WRONG!! Run time decreases as the voltage increases.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:27 PM
NYYSR

o realy so now 7 cell 8.4V 1100 mah bats run longer than 8 cell 9.6V 1200mah bats?
maybe you should try running this setup befor you make unknown claims.
i can feel another one of your sales pitches coming on.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Intelligentsia

I am sorry that you are uneducated in this field bro.

Compare a 7.2 KAN cell pack to an 8.4 volt KAN cell pack yes the 7.2 volt will yield slightly longer run times.

I can get rather technical and provide you a lengthy explanation but it wouldn't make sense to you anyway.

Here is a simple way to test the theory. Charge a a 7.2 volt pack that you have at 1 amp then run it. Next time charge that same pack at 2 amps and if you have a decent charger note the increased voltage level. Then go run the pack, you will see that the run time will decrease.

Like an idiot I once charged a pack of mine fully at three amps and my batteries dumped faster than you could believe (approximately four minutes).
Old 06-08-2004, 09:37 PM
NYYSR

ORIGINAL: Intelligentsia

I am sorry that you are uneducated in this field bro.
so now i need a docteret, or a masters degree 2 tell time lol

heres an easyer test.
get both bat packs, charge them at 1-1.5 amps (like i do) and see what one runs longer.
simple if you ask me.
but then again im still using a sundial 2 tell time lol lol (only slightly kiding ) lol
Old 06-08-2004, 09:47 PM
Intelligentsia

I don't need to do anything because I already know the end result. I am sorry that you have previously been misinformed. Why do try to debate things which you don't have the slightest clue regarding?

Please explain to me how providing your motor more voltage would yield increased run times? I would really like to know. Especially when the increased voltage further reduces the motor's efficiency and increases both commutator and brush wear.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:49 PM
Intelligentsia

You know what, forget it.

Thread starter, enjoy your Scorpion but as I stated 9.6 volts will increase both your run time and reduce the overall lifespan of your motor so be careful.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:44 AM
NYYSR

ORIGINAL: Intelligentsia

I don't need to do anything because I already know the end result. I am sorry that you have previously been misinformed. Why do try to debate things which you don't have the slightest clue regarding?

Please explain to me how providing your motor more voltage would yield increased run times? I would really like to know. Especially when the increased voltage further reduces the motor's efficiency and increases both commutator and brush wear.
lol dude take it easy you got your paint's all in a bunch lol.
heres a clue, if your going 2 get so worked up then maybe you should avoid reading my post?
the longer run time comes from the mah rating just in case you missed that.
one is a 1100 and the other is 1200 (8 cell actually charged up to 1265) but then again im sure youll argue that as well.
just for the record i do agree with you about shorter run times with increased voltage.
this i know 2 be true when i was adding more cells 2 my BL stampede ( i used matched GP3300s) and found out that thou it gave me much more power as i added cells, it would not increase the run time.
and in fact it started 2 decrease.
but in the case of these bat packs in question its not true due 2 the fact that their is also a higher mah rating.
if these sub bats were at the highest possable mah rating out their then what you said would hold true.
but when one is rated at 1100 (the best charge ive ever seen out of it was 1020-1060) and the other was a 1200 (ive seen up to 1265 on it) then you can expect 2-3 more mins run time between the 2.
also i run my bats stone dead, and before you say it YES i know its no good to run Ni-MH completely dry, but until i kill a bat cauzz of it ill keep doing it.
peace bro
Old 06-09-2004, 12:58 AM
Intelligentsia

Well then yes you are correct being that the cells are of varying mAh ratings... er well to a certain extent but I will not get into that.

Actually you can discharge your NiMH cells until your car stops. This will not completely discharge the cells to 0 and in turn will not harm your cells. Your cells should be conditioned fairly well because you are in essence cycling your cells.
It is the lithium cells where discharging them to that degree can become dangerous.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Project_2501

jesus guys. ever heard of internal impedence?

more cells = more impedence. li-polys and li-ions have extemely low internal impedence; thats why you will get a few more seconds (maybe a minute) at the same mah.

7 cells at 1200 mah will last say 20 minutes w/ x-motor (just pretend), an 8 cell 1200 mah pack with the exact same type of battery will have maybe 18-19 minutes run time because of the internal impedence. its only slightly more, but in the time that you're running you will have a lot more fun.

now, this is about fun. not not knowing what you're talking about and arguing because you dont want to be wrong. fun guys, no need to argue. it's all settled now. done, now, go race your mini's and have a blast.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:58 PM
NYYSR

yea thats usually what i do when i run my r/cs, i run them 2 a dead stop.
kinda anoying but ive always had good results from it so y change.
i was never realy found of cycling nimhs on a charger or discharge thou.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:01 PM
Intelligentsia

Yes, I am quite familiar with internal impedance... Thanks
Old 06-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Project_2501

ok, then. why not mention it?

i dont mean to be starting another arguement, but, why not?
Old 06-09-2004, 02:15 PM
mad_taffy2k

i dont undertstand why peiopel argue so muc on this whole site

i have lernt so much and i hope that io have also helped people learn from my expericances lets all get on and drive our little car's till something else breaks
Old 06-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Intelligentsia

When I am on these forums I like to keep things simple. Most people do not understand the more technical aspects of r/c or electrical in general.

I am an electrical engineer but granted I do not know every single detail which pertains to electrics. I am learning every day and perfecting my craft.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Intelligentsia

Hey mad_taffy you are a local?

Do you ever race down here in San Diego or up north in Huntington Beach?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.