Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini-Z MT Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 01:29 PM
smaerd58
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini-Z MT Problem

I just got my Mini-Z MT Anniversary it is a cool little truck it moves good.My problem is I think I am either getting interference from outside somewhere or my reverse servo is glitching it sounds like Morse code.Intermittently I have no reverse then you hit it a couple of times and it engages kind of takes the fun out of it when you don't have reverse on demand.I noticed when I switched the A-B on the back of the transmitter the chattering goes away and you don't have reverse that is how I think I have it narrowed down Has anyone else had this problem?Thanks,smaerd58
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39938.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	163077  
Old 08-12-2004, 09:20 PM
sarge00
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Mini-Z MT Problem

The A-B switch doesn't do anything on the Mini-z transmitter according to the directions. I think the default position is on "A". Are you sure the trottle trim knob is adjusted properly? If it's set too far toward reverse, it will start to engage the reverse slightly, but not fully. Also is the antenna mounted properly? As far as the reverse goes, you push the throttle forward once for brake, then release it to neutral and push it forward again for reverse so it's two steps. Hope this helps.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:47 AM
smaerd58

Thanks,sarge00 I adjusted the throttle trim until the chatter went away now I have full function. I also have one more question. I have to adjust my steering trim almost all the way to the right to keep my truck straight is this normal?smaerd58
Old 08-13-2004, 01:17 AM
sarge00
My Feedback: (1)

I don't know how normal it is, but mine does the same thing. It looks to me like there is so much slop in the front end because of all the plastic that my suspension flexes enough to make the truck pull to one side. I guess since we both have that trouble it may be "normal". I'm finally getting some hop ups for mine (x-speed motor is here, waiting for lights and bearings). I bought some rechargable Duracell AAA batteries that made a huge difference in performance. Have you "hopped up" your monster yet?
Old 08-13-2004, 01:33 AM
smaerd58

I bought the Aniversary Edition that has a lot of hop ups on it.
MMW01 Ball Bearing Set
MVW02 Spring Set
MVW05106 Oil Shock Set (Front & Rear)
MZW8V X-speed Motor
MZW13BL Color Nylon Nut (Blue) MMF05CM
I bought the Rayovac IC3 15 min charger and IC3 15 Min. Batteries and it flies!!!!!
Old 08-13-2004, 11:48 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First, everything is at your own risk so I reiterate don't blame me if you mess something up. However, if you want to "center" the steering and/or steering trim...

Visit the link below and scroll down to the section about the PCB Pot (potentiometer adjustment). Myself, I've never "poked" a hole through the sticker, but only pulled it back. The MR-01, MR-02, and OL adjustment is on the top, but the F1 adjustment is underneath. I'm assuming the MMT adjustment is on the top like the OL, which probably requires that the front shock stay be removed to access the small hole--I have never had to adjust any of my MMTs (unlike some of the others) and since I don't have a MMT in front of me right now, I can't be sure.

Make sure you center the "steering trim knob" (not the wheels) on your radio prior to adjusting the potentiometer. You are also going to have to adjust the potentiometer with the R/C on, so be very careful as not to short out the board and the adjustment is very, very sensitive so adjust it very, very slightly each time. It would also be to your benefit to review all the tech pages on the following site. More site links are also on the MMT Photo thread.

http://minizcanada.com/tech/radio.php
Old 08-14-2004, 01:13 AM
smaerd58

I have the new KO PROPO I don't think these instructions pertain to mine.THANKS ANYWAY
Old 08-14-2004, 02:49 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless your MMT is different from all other Mini-Zs I own, including three MMTs, and every other Mini-Z that I have seen, your MMT has a potentiometer and has an adjustment for it on the PCB. There is also a small hole underneath the driver's side front shock stay on the MMT which allows access to the adjustment. The same adjustment that is shown and discussed on the link I provided to you earlier despite the fact it shows an MR-01.