Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Finaly getting an iwaver!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Finaly getting an iwaver!

Regarding the tie rod, there are several versions with different degrees. I would order the plastic Kyosho set and see which one you prefer to run on your layout prior to ordering alloy or you may just not like the alloy and end up leaving it off that is unless the alloy tie rods are now available in sets.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:18 PM
Benthehen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

about the tierods, the kyosho stock one is fine, im guessing its 0 degrees? im getting used to the speed from going backwards and forwards, . the servo gearsets should be here in a day or two. or three[&o].
oh and i added it to my signature[8D]

edit: and how the heck do i get the lights in?? there isnt anyway to mount them.

Benthehen
Old 09-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

I run stock tie rods on everything except for my F1s. The F1s are so long, it helps to toe them in on the technical tracks so they can get around the turns better, especially if I am running against some MR02s. Regarding the lights, I haven't really paid too much attention to my Iwaver body and I don't have it in front of me right now. My C5R had light buckets, yet I had to drill holes for the rear lights for my MMT and use shoe go to hold in the lights. The Z bodies are different and the only Iwaver I have seen in person is the one that I own.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:12 PM
IamDisaster

Default iwaver definitely slower than mini-z

Got a Tamiya speed checker today. Decided to put all my cars I could make fit over it (see my thread, "fun with Tamiya speed checker." My iWavers could all do about 12kph (7.5mph.) My mini-z's varied from 17-20kph (10.5-12.5mph.) The Mini-z is almost 60% faster...or, if you want to be kinder to the iWaver, the iWaver is 40% slower.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:54 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

I have a Tamiya speed checker too. Right now, my extra Enzo body is sitting on it so it's probably not moving too fast.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:48 AM
Benthehen

yep if ever had any extra money for rc id get the speed checker, but i dont have one yet.

says on tower hobbies my order shipped so i should get it tomorrow or the next day, which would be nice, because i only got to use mine for 30 minutes.

oh and i forgot to say before, but i saw a miniz monster truck for the first time, i think i no what truck im getting next.

Benthehen
Old 09-21-2004, 12:39 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Here is a thread to review.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_16...mpage_8/tm.htm
Old 09-25-2004, 12:13 PM
Benthehen

well i wrote a nice long post, and the comp messed up.so any ways the kyosho parts fit, but not good. im going to need a kyosho potentio-thingy and servo case.

ive been hearin that the iwaiver 02 should be coming out soon.[8D]

benthehen
Old 09-26-2004, 02:25 PM
Benthehen

tnb, what do you use to charge your batteries?

Benthehen
Old 09-26-2004, 10:19 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

I have several chargers. If you plan to stay involved in RC and expand into other types of chargers, you may want to save up and purchase a decent charger. Basically, the less expensive the charger, the less options and slower the charger. Some people I know get by with a simple Xmod charger for AAAs and others I know have $1000 chargers. My most recent charger is the Triton, which I picked up on Tower after they marked it down for some 2-week special. That was $109 if I remember correctly then I used a $20 coupon. I also picked up the thermal sensor. However, the Triton also requires a separate power supply so you would have to factor that into the total cost. I also have a more expensive charger (Reedy Quasar Pro) though that one didn't require a power supply. Then I have a Novak Millennium Pro, an MRC 969, a Radio Shack charger (charges AAs, AAAs, & 9V), and a couple of others. Much of this is also on the MMT thread.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:17 AM
IamDisaster

Default Xmod charger works great.

I've got a half a dozen RC chargers too, and still use the Xmod chargers. They are quick and do a decent job of supplying a full charge. Plus, they are a good bargain for a charger and two sets of AAA's. I have 5 Xmod chargers so I can keep 5 sets topped off and ready to race.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:54 AM
Benthehen

hmm i think ill just stick with alkalines untill i decide wether im getting lithiums or not. the broblem i have with lithiums is that id need a fet mod to feel safe, but its a heck of a lot to get someone to fet mod my car.

Benthehen

edit: i had a xmod charger and it stopped working right awhile ago. thats why im not to enthusiastic about that.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:01 AM
IamDisaster

Default Take your Xmod charger back to RS.

They are usually pretty good about returns. Haven't had a problem with any of mine. You aren't getting full performance using alkalines. They can't supply as high a constant or burst current.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:59 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Default Re Batts

Is RS still selling 700's NiMH or did they finally up their batteries to 800's or even 850's? The Wal-Marts around here sell IC3 batteries and a charger that also comes with 800's. GP850's are available online. I've also seen 1000's on the Japanese online sites though I couldn't understand a character on the site.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:31 PM
IamDisaster

Default RS is still 700mAh

RS is still 700mAh. I bought a box of 50 AAA 750mAh batteries from one of those cheap online sources. I'm set forever.