Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

URC selling the new M18(center motor mount)

Old 10-03-2004, 11:33 AM
Irlsh
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default URC selling the new M18(center motor mount)

URC is selling the center mount motor plate... (for xray m18) i just ordered mine....
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Links:
[link=http://urc.planetrocke.com/store/product.asp?ID=150]Link to 180 Center,United RC's ADS (Above the Drive Shaft) Mount[/link]
[link=http://urc.planetrocke.com/store/product.asp?ID=149]Link to 300 Center,United RC's ADS (Above the Drive Shaft) Mount[/link]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 10-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: URC selling the new (center motor mount)

I wonder how that will affect the weight distribution and suspension setup? I'll be looking forward to the detailed review. I'm just wondering if Study will be thinking, "Can I add a second LiPo?"
Old 10-03-2004, 11:56 AM
Irlsh

lol study says he wont get a m18.. he sticks to his mrs4 when will he grow up to a 4wheel indep, suspension

the weight right now is center but people are forgetting the fact the motor sits higher thus making weight shift alot harder.. but i defintaly like extra chassis space..
I'm hoping with my esc and receiver and batts i can even everything out...

Also this makes great for a 540 conversion wich study will like lol
i just hope the body posts will clear the height of the motor. otherwise if your like me and your always testing with body off you dont slam into the motor.. if it isnt high enough i will have to mount a post around the motor like the yokomo and tc3 has....

i will post pics when i get them.. motor/upper chassis.

TNB how is your m18 comming? everything on yet?
Old 10-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Irlsh

Opps and here are the mamba versions..(or any 180)

Old 10-03-2004, 09:05 PM
United_RC

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

I wonder how that will affect the weight distribution and suspension setup? I'll be looking forward to the detailed review. I'm just wondering if Study will be thinking, "Can I add a second LiPo?"
Tigger,

Regarding weight distribution, the mount actually improves it. Now you can run a 6-cell saddle pack, 3 on each side in the rear. This puts less weight and better yet, EVEN weight, on each side. Compared to all the weight on one side, as you had to do before, this mount is not much higher than what people are using to mount their electronics in the upper deck (aftermarket). This also allows you to place your electronics in any setup that is best for your driving or track, all on the lower chassis!.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask here or email: [email protected]

URC
Old 10-03-2004, 10:20 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Default RE: URC selling the new M18(center motor mount)

I considered that persons using or wanting to use "saddle packs" could be one target seller. It's just that I am using LiPos--that's also why I made the comment about using two separate LiPos in fun. Regarding the "upper deck", that set up reminds me more of the HPI MRS4s I've seen.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:43 PM
Irlsh

Ye i really didnt like when i seen people mounting stuff on the upper aftermarket decks.. but this setup will be fun. cant wait for you to send it to me URC and i was lucky enough to get the setup that is pictured

well i think i will use my battery pack setups still but definatly something i will think about later by using saddle packs, maybe if i get a penguin chassis.. but i like my silver one. i dont think they offer a silver one. the chassis i bought from them before for my yokomo were nice peices of work...
Old 10-03-2004, 10:47 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: irish_GS_Sonic
i was lucky enough to get the setup that is pictured
It came with a chassis and motor too?
Old 10-03-2004, 10:50 PM
Irlsh

LOL no... I dont need another M18 anyways lol i think 3 is enough don't you? but comming from you maybe not "Mr. mini-z

The upper penguin chassis shown in the top pic he doesnt have yet to sell, allthough i paid for it before hand he offered that chassis if i wanted. i said sure.

So the one in the pic i get.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:53 PM
Irlsh

Man everytime i look at that pic. the setup looks more and more appealing reminds of some old 1/10 scale i had back in the day,
Old 10-03-2004, 10:55 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Just think, it made RCU before you got to take a photo. It's not quite the same since members may just write--that's old news, I saw that already.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:57 PM
Irlsh

lol oh u mean when i take pictures and post them later on? LMAO
Old 10-03-2004, 11:05 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Of course. Then again, hardly anyone uses the search function so you could probably start a new thread once a month with the same photo each time. I won't tell. I'm just in sort of a weird mood since I'm actually feeling better than I have been lately and it's a short work week since I'll be taking time off for Hobby Visions. Well sort of...since I'll still be working, I mean driving cars. It will also be like a mini-reunion since a few others I know are coming down.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:11 PM
Irlsh

But Technicaly I posted the pics here first NOT URC and givin that will be my upper deck. i guess i was first LMAO
Old 10-03-2004, 11:18 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

That reminds me of some of "those" members who posted eBay photos claiming to own someone else's RC since the auction hadn't even closed yet. I also recall that one member with the "stock" Mini-T who posted the description of my Mini-T. [:'(]

Mmm, perhaps you should have URC custom engrave that chassis "To Irish".
Old 10-03-2004, 11:31 PM
Irlsh

Mmm, perhaps you should have URC custom engrave that chassis "To Irish".
LOL yea URC what ya think of that? lmao

and your ebay comment. man i know i almost bought somehting like that...

But check this out...lol i was on a difrent forum and i made post of one of my m18 videos.. and then later when i sold one. someone posted and there
like oh man your the guy who bought it then. i said nope i was the guy who sold it.. he didnt believe me...lol
Old 10-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

That's why I don't mind taking photos with Tigger or Bennie in them. There should be no doubt then unless someone claims to own both my two cats too. I hardly ever read any other general forums since I couldn't stand to read the same questions a dozen times on RCU then read them on another forum another dozen times. It's like some of these people post and post a question on various forums until they find a answer they like. Either that or they can't read or would rather believe someone else for some reason whether they own the RC in question or not or even know them in person. It's really quite a joke in my book. A bad one, but still a joke.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:46 PM
Irlsh

no doubt i am reading this forum alot more.. allthough i had checked others your right questions over and over and same people, but the other forum had some difrent insight... funny thing is every other forum i go to i see study there how does he even have the time... where he been anyways...
Old 10-03-2004, 11:53 PM
Irlsh

ye i did a few pics with our cats to. with my gs sonic.. and the videos...lol u cant take that ownership unless they get the cats..lol ya dont beleive me eh? ok ill put the cats in there lol
Old 10-03-2004, 11:59 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

I've seen both your names at one of MZR's sister site. I was bored one day and a member brought the site up along with a couple of others. I also just checked out some posts on the first link below to another forum to actually confirm a post on RCU. See the second thread. My RCU post was before I checked the other forum, but the results were predictable.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_22...tm.htm#2223973

I remember your cat--she got scared and ran upstairs. I think I asked about her once but didn't get a response. []

Edit: Before, before. I'll probably get a laugh if anyone ever answers the last question since I have a photo posted of an F1 with a NASCAR body on this forum.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:03 AM
Irlsh

ye i have accounts to a few because when i do see something new and wanna post they make ya register..lol

but yea that is funny how it ended up at a difrent forum thread lmao
Old 10-04-2004, 12:24 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

I couldn't resist. I signed up on the other forum and posted a reply, providing a link to a photo on this forum.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:24 AM
IamDisaster

Default Higher Cg with that puppy = more traction rolls

If you look at the evolution of the TC3 in racing, one of it's big improvements was keeping everything low and close the center shaft. In fact, some people even modded the chassis to get the battery packs in closer. I wouldn't want to mount the motor any higher on an M18. One of the reasons it out handles the Micro RS4 is because everything is packed so low. With careful placement of electronics you can balance out the weight of the stock engine position fairly well.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:31 AM
Irlsh

Default RE: Higher Cg with that puppy = more traction rolls

placement of the motor is even better for that... the way i seen some people mount things is relevent to the placement as the center MOD.(electronics stacked or to high)
but this allows to align batteries even better, because original state of battery postion will always get a difrent turning quality to the other direction because of weigh distribution, lets face it. the servo,receiver,motor/esc doesnt weight what the battery does... wich will not make turning and cornering more respectful to each other..

now the m18 out performed the mrs4 in most the major events because of the suspension as well. the movement in the mrs4 solid rear drive made harder turning capabilities. And like u said of its low placement of components..
Old 10-07-2004, 11:10 AM
United_RC

Default RE: Higher Cg with that puppy = more traction rolls

ORIGINAL: IamDisaster

If you look at the evolution of the TC3 in racing, one of it's big improvements was keeping everything low and close the center shaft. In fact, some people even modded the chassis to get the battery packs in closer. I wouldn't want to mount the motor any higher on an M18. One of the reasons it out handles the Micro RS4 is because everything is packed so low. With careful placement of electronics you can balance out the weight of the stock engine position fairly well.
As someone said here, the weight of a 6-cell pack far exceeds the combined weight of "normal" electronics. We feel by allowing the driver to run saddle packs (either all in the rear, one in front right-one in the rear-left) the driver can achieve the utimate setup and balancing for his or her track and driving styles. If you look at the new 10th scale cars that are out or coming out (xray T1r or Factory T1 line) they are now allowing you to run these types of packs due to the PROVEN performance increase with weight distribution.

Most drivers who use the M18 are NOT running the stock motor (some do, that is why we made the ADS180). But since a Big block is much larger, it is VERY hard to get all the electronics oriented correctly to allow the car to handle in better manner.

URC

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.