Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Cen Mini Madness thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 12:28 PM
rc monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cen Mini Madness thread

Here everyone can talk about the cen mini madness

Post pics, videos of your madness

Has anybody modded theirs in any way?
Old 04-09-2006, 01:17 PM
CadillacDTS2001

Default RE: Cen Mini Madness thread

tigger n bennie has one !
i actualy think he is one of the few on this site who has one !
Old 04-10-2006, 01:50 PM
mhallerbach

I gave one to my son on Saturday - It is pretty cool - Really fast out of the box, and long range(I ran it way down the street and could have went further, but I couldn't see it well and didn't want a car to run it over) The only mod we did is put a longer antenna tube on it , since the stock one caused the wire to hang low, and could cause interference with the motor, and bought a 300 mah mimh batterey. I want to do some mods - different body, oil shocks, but it appears there isn't much avalable. I like that its a bit bigger than the other 1/18ths, and it seems to be really durable. I may be buying one for myself(Was going to buy a Vendetta), since it is only $100.

I would recommend buying it from a lhs if you can, as the first one I bought was a dud - so I had to return it for another

Only thing I noticed is the truck won't respond to the radio when you are right next to it(Like holding it to test it) - You need to be a few feet away.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:04 PM
rc monkey

ok thanks mhallerbach, i will hopefully be getting one soon and was just wondering what anybody thought of it. Most people seem to laugh at you if you say its name but i think it looks pretty cool
Old 04-10-2006, 02:06 PM
rc monkey

ps, what body are you thinking of - thats one of the first things i what to change
Old 04-11-2006, 12:32 PM
victeedo

I drove the mini madness and it is fast and all, but the shocks bug me. they are way to springy. From my point of view, spending 20-30 bucks more for the mini lst is the better way to go, oiled shocks, dual moters, MORE POWER BABY!!!! Plus I have heared that 540 brushless motors have not had to much success, but the mini mamba moters are incredible!!! MINI LST ALL THE WAY!!!!!!
ORIGINAL: rc monkey

ok thanks mhallerbach, i will hopefully be getting one soon and was just wondering what anybody thought of it. Most people seem to laugh at you if you say its name but i think it looks pretty cool
Old 04-11-2006, 01:13 PM
Bobdog

CEN Mini Madness is one tough truck see my versus thread. I agree oil shocks would be great I see CEN has a set of oil shocks $14.90.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:37 PM
mhallerbach

I am not sure what body would fit it without alot of trial and error, but I want to find another(Someone mention a TLT-1 body might fit). I am new to the RC thing(Or at least reintroduced since I was a kid), and although i hear everybody saying that the MinMadness uses standard 1/10 size parts, not sure how you go about it without a lot of trial and error, since nobody seems to have modded these yet(I understand the standard things like 540 motor, tires/rims etc), but for example, I want to put oil shocks on it(But not necessarily CEN oil shocks), and since most LHS don't carry Mini Madness parts and know virtually nothing about it, want to know how I should go about the process I live close to Ultimate Hobbies(which is big), so if I walk in with one of the MM shocks and the body, they would be able to find me an alternative?

The only real problem I see is getting the vehicle to run straight without having to readjust the ST trim constantly (The wheels(all 4 of them) appear to be misaligned out of the box) - I just sent CEN an email to see if they have any recommendations or tips

I think for the money($100 plus tax at Ultimate Hobbie)s, this is one of the best deal out there - I want to get another vehicle(Vendetta or 18MT(But they are way too small )or another Min Madness), but they are at least $60 more to start with and it sounds like they have shortcoming also that require purchasing upgrades(I heard the steering on the 18t is terible out of the box, and I heard the radio on the VEndetta has short range)

So I hope the MinMadness grows in popularity so people experimaent with it more, and more aftermarket parts are available

ps, what body are you thinking of - thats one of the first things i what to change
Old 04-11-2006, 04:42 PM
mhallerbach

You tell me where I can get a Mini LST RTR for $130(My Mini Madness cost $100 plus tax). I also heard the Mini LST has all sorts of issues out of the box - So much so that the rumor is they are discontinuing it

I am new to this whole thing, but I have done a lot of research on these vehicles and come to the conclusion that every one of them has shortcomings out of the box, that require upgrades to fix.

My 2 cents
ORIGINAL: victeedoI have heard the Mini LST problems, and

I drove the mini madness and it is fast and all, but the shocks bug me. they are way to springy. From my point of view, spending 20-30 bucks more for the mini lst is the better way to go, oiled shocks, dual moters, MORE POWER BABY!!!! Plus I have heared that 540 brushless motors have not had to much success, but the mini mamba moters are incredible!!! MINI LST ALL THE WAY!!!!!!

Old 04-11-2006, 07:25 PM
-Inverted-

Plus I have heared that 540 brushless motors have not had to much success, but the mini mamba moters are incredible!!! MINI LST ALL THE WAY!!!!!!
The mamba is a poor choice for the MINI-LST.

I also heard the Mini LST has all sorts of issues out of the box
The only problem out of the box is the connectors, but that's a $3 fix, which is an upgrade you should have on every vehicle.

So much so that the rumor is they are discontinuing it
Smebody wrote that in the forums, they are not discontinuing it, it's a great vehicle; and once the minor issues are resolved it will definately be the best mini out.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:33 PM
discgolfer72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

now come on inverted let everyone know that they are going to have to call losi for gears to
Old 04-11-2006, 07:40 PM
-Inverted-

Stock its perfectly fine gear wise, I ran mine on brushless with boiled and greased gears and havnt had a problem.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Bobdog

I agree they all have little problems, hey they are little trucks but for the most part they are tough little trucks. This weekend I watched my RC18t cart wheel across the yard hitting on practically every tire, get run over by the Mini Madness, bash into each other so hard had to go and physically pull them apart, abducted by my stupid dog and when I cleaned her up and put her away nothing broken and she's already to go again (that goes for both the RC18 and the MM). I will say that when I hear people saying if your gonna spend that much money on a Mini Madness you might as well buy a (fill-in-the-blank) I guess I don't get it. Have you driven an MM, what makes (fill-in-the-blank) better, name recognition, upgrades, or is it what you own?? I think the CEN MM has a future give it time. Now for that Mini Quake it came today and I will see how it fairs this weedend......
Old 04-14-2006, 01:27 AM
dustbunny1309

Hey guys, my little brother is planning on getting the mini madness soon to drive with my Stampede.

Few questions though.

1. Where can one buy this for $100? I have seen many people saying they got it for 100, but every store I've looked at has it for $123. Is the $100 a kit version or something?

2. What are some spare parts that might be needed?

3. What is your overall opinion of this truck from a bashing perspective?

Thanks.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:44 AM
Mitchell91

i had a mini madness but i took it back after it shredded 3 servos in 24 hours, apparently this was not a faulty machine, the shop owner said that alot of the trucks he had sold were like this. Other than the servo problem the truck was very fast, oil shocks are available from cen and they are $14.99 for a set of four, you need two sets.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:56 PM
mhallerbach

I bought Mine locally from Ultimate hobbies in Orange, Ca for $99 plus tax - They sell online at www.ultimatehobbies.com but you might have to call in the order because they don't have it on the site. I would recommend buying it from somewhere rebutable in case you have to take it back(the first one I got was a dud) - but mine is fine - no servo problems and I have run it pretty hard. I would get a quick peak charger and another battery pack, as well as a longer antenna tube(The stock one is too short).

I am getting ready to buy a second MM .

Best deal out there once you make sure it works out of the box.

ORIGINAL: dustbunny1309

Hey guys, my little brother is planning on getting the mini madness soon to drive with my Stampede.

Few questions though.

1. Where can one buy this for $100? I have seen many people saying they got it for 100, but every store I've looked at has it for $123. Is the $100 a kit version or something?

2. What are some spare parts that might be needed?

3. What is your overall opinion of this truck from a bashing perspective?

Thanks.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:05 PM
rc monkey

well i got mine today and i am very imperssed (and havent had any servo problems)

has any body else noticed that when you are going full tilt and you give it full steering the oposite rear wheel lifts off the ground and spins does any body no if the oil shocks help this?
Old 04-14-2006, 02:51 PM
mhallerbach

I haven't seen that but I have noticed when going full speed and then turning, the car slows down a lot to turn, again probably related to the suspension. Do you have any problems getting the steering to stay straight, after adjusting the ST trim

I am going to upgrade to oil shocks, but am looking for something othet than CENs (If I am reading it correct, they cost $15, but that's only for 2, so if you do all 8, thats $60, which I believe is a bit high. I read somewhere that somebody put Tamiya TL01 oil shocks on there's and they are really ioexpensive.

well i got mine today and i am very imperssed (and havent had any servo problems)

has any body else noticed that when you are going full tilt and you give it full steering the oposite rear wheel lifts off the ground and spins does any body no if the oil shocks help this?
Old 04-14-2006, 04:55 PM
rc monkey

my steerings perfect just as it came

cens oil shocks are £15 for 4 not 2(im nearly certain)

mine dosnt slow down when turning - is just flips over
Old 04-14-2006, 11:38 PM
dustbunny1309

ORIGINAL: Mitchell91

i had a mini madness but i took it back after it shredded 3 servos in 24 hours, apparently this was not a faulty machine, the shop owner said that alot of the trucks he had sold were like this. Other than the servo problem the truck was very fast, oil shocks are available from cen and they are $14.99 for a set of four, you need two sets.
Ok, well if its just the steering servo then I guess we'll take the risk.

longer antenna tube(The stock one is too short).
Will [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJH35&P=ML]this[/link] work? Would it be too long?
Old 04-15-2006, 03:31 PM
rc monkey

the antena tube isnt a problem (i dont think!)

i actuly put a shorter tube on from my boat because it was more flexable and it work great
Old 04-16-2006, 07:58 PM
RatsAss

I got a cen mini madness, the first thing I did is replace all the bushings with bearings you need 12 pcs of 5 X 11 X 4mm on all 4 wheels 2 per wheel and 4 for the diff, I tell you it is much smoother and faster.

Second if you have the esc 300 you can put a 15t motor on it, if you have the esc 200 you can go down to a 19t. I put a novak SS esc with a 5800 brushless motor and the bloody thing kicks serious ass, awsome wheelie action and great jumping.

Next I'm looking a shock options cause there 70mm in length you just can throw on any 1/10th scale shocks, any one know of good shock options let me know.

I also put on a 11kg nitrak metal servo does the job real nice, I purchased from eBay direct from HK these guys sell the MM as well, here is best deal http://cgi.ebay.com.au/11Kg-Metal-Ge...QQcmdZViewItem

now the stock Rx Tx unit is a bit crappy I set it up with an airtronics FM unit which has better range, although any AM is good enough.

I just need to get a good set of shocks to get it handling right, I'm painting up a porsche turbo hpi 1/18th scale body red with silver flames.

Over all the truck is tougher than it looks, as I have belted it into a few gutters with that brushless motor, and it still goes great.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:28 AM
Lilredmachine

I got one folks, running a 21d Venom motor, Traxxas xl-1 speed control (warhorse!) and futaba Fm radio gear. I am ready to fit a 15d, so far the truck has stood up excellently to beatings, bashing and jumping, with no problems with the servo. I too look forward to getting the oil shocks, as i reckon they'll clear up the handling a lot, and a set of bearings. A few piccies, along with a comparison size shot of the mm and mlst.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38662.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	446710   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85888.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	446711   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48335.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	446712   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yr48408.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	446713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lx21868.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	446714  
Old 04-17-2006, 11:30 AM
ZaH 310

Where do you guys get parts for it? I cnat find them anywhere online.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:14 PM
RS4rallydriver

Hmmm, what do you guys think would happen if I took my GTB 5.5 out of my rs4 rally, and dropped it into a CEN M.M.? I think that really would be madness! It would probably do backflips from a standing start! LOL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.