Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Why would you want a nitro mini?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 04:14 PM
$

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why would you want a nitro mini?

I was just wondering, why would someone want a nitro mini?
With a good electric set up you get longer runtimes, it is cleaner,could be run indoors and a lot faster[>:].

Old 09-29-2006, 04:25 PM
ChrisJuliano

Default RE: Why would you want a nitro mini?

well, some people like mini's, and some people like power and noise,

you do the math
Old 09-29-2006, 04:50 PM
Gex_61

Because they're awsome.

My dad has a Chaos. We don't use it to much and the engine is very hard to adjust. I think he is going to get a picco, I think that's what it's called, and it should be 10 times easier to adjust. Everntually the bugs will be worked out and it will be used all the time.

When it does want to work and when there is time to mess with it, it is so much fun to drive. All my cars are electric and I have raced with a few nitros before but this is something that's just fun and doesn't cost as much as the real nitro's. I know you can get an electric to go faster, so what. For the run times, just refuel it.

I usually set up a ramp from the street into the front yard and you can launch it pretty far.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:08 PM
Jrgunn5150

Because they think their cool, to each his own.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:35 PM
AznBash3r
My Feedback: (1)

you cant beat the smell, sound, the extra "umph", and the wow factor. plus nitros can be run for as long as you want, as long as you watch the engine and change the rx pack every dozen or so tanks. im ditching (or at least trying to) all my electrics to make room for nitros
Old 09-30-2006, 02:16 AM
unseen1

because right now the larger nitros are a little too expensive for me right now
Old 09-30-2006, 09:01 AM
tashspop

for me its because the rascal is a mini that can accept a real engine. i don't have one, but i do want one.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:14 AM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Manblue, I have wondered the same thing. A mini with a high power Mamba system will absolutely kill any mini nitro. I don't understand why they would make mini nitros that only do 18-25mph. Seems like for the extra cost, you should get a lot more speed.

AznBash3r, obviously, you have not seen a Mamba in action. There is no lack of oomph. It has significantly more torque than ANY nitro mini out there - and I get around 20 minutes per pack. If I can keep the wheels on the ground, I can hit 60+mph on a 3S LiPo. It has so much power that it can wheelie at almost any speed and goes so fast that it tries to fly (That is why the top speed is 60 - not enough downforce to go faster).
Old 09-30-2006, 11:55 AM
Jrgunn5150

This hobby isn't about doing the smart thing though, it's about doing what you prefer and like to see. Some people would argue that spending hundred's or thousand's of dollar's on a "toy" doesn't make sense. You could have a real car for what alot of us have into our mini's.

My point here is, and I have no desire to have a mini nitro myself, who care's if someone else does? Yes there are better thing's, there are better thing's than mini's, and better thing's in life altogether. To some people. The hobby all about what YOU like, and what YOU think is cool, and what YOU wanna do. If people want a nitro mini because they think it's cool, then more power to em I say. Some people think boat's are the coolest thing ever, I don't, I think they're stupid, but so what? Same with plane's, or helicopter's. I think scale rc is the coolest thing ever, real leaf spring's, multi speed transmission's, transfer-cases, hard bodies with paint on the outside! But a Mini T with a lame 6 cell would walk all over a Bruiser in any contest of speed. So what? To each his own I say, all it does is strengthen the hobby as a whole anyway, so it's good for all of us in the end.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:22 PM
signa

Well, there's a certain excitement that goes with nitro. At the place I run one guy has a mamba-powered Mini-T. It's really really fast, but it draws very little attention.

A friend of mine has a Sportwerks Chaos Nitro 1/16th and that thing draws a crowd, and it only does 20MPH. There's something about the noise/smoke/realism with the nitro.

In Florida I watched a show called Lights, Camera, Action and it featured a full-sized radio controlled car with a 1300cc motorcycle engine. That thing SCREAMED. Now, why not do an electric system with tons of torque
and better acceleration? REALISM, that's why.

Electric is cool, but it's not for everyone.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:56 PM
WalawalaStore

Hi,

I don't have one now but I will get the Inferno 09 asa it is released. Still 2 weeks to go.

Besides the smell, noise and continuous running, I really enjoy the compact and tight design of mini nitros. Also because I am into 1/8 nitro buggies. The wear is way lower than big scale ones. Much cheaper and lighter in weight.

Regards

Joaquim
Old 10-21-2006, 11:18 PM
signa

Joaquim,

That little Kyosho looks like the best mini on the market. I read a review on it but they didn't mention speed. Do you know how fast it'll go?

Thanks

ORIGINAL: WalawalaStore

Hi,

I don't have one now but I will get the Inferno 09 asa it is released. Still 2 weeks to go.

Besides the smell, noise and continuous running, I really enjoy the compact and tight design of mini nitros. Also because I am into 1/8 nitro buggies. The wear is way lower than big scale ones. Much cheaper and lighter in weight.

Regards

Joaquim
Old 10-21-2006, 11:25 PM
signa

Jrgunn5150,

Well put!

ORIGINAL: Jrgunn5150

This hobby isn't about doing the smart thing though, it's about doing what you prefer and like to see. Some people would argue that spending hundred's or thousand's of dollar's on a "toy" doesn't make sense. You could have a real car for what alot of us have into our mini's.

My point here is, and I have no desire to have a mini nitro myself, who care's if someone else does? Yes there are better thing's, there are better thing's than mini's, and better thing's in life altogether. To some people. The hobby all about what YOU like, and what YOU think is cool, and what YOU wanna do. If people want a nitro mini because they think it's cool, then more power to em I say. Some people think boat's are the coolest thing ever, I don't, I think they're stupid, but so what? Same with plane's, or helicopter's. I think scale rc is the coolest thing ever, real leaf spring's, multi speed transmission's, transfer-cases, hard bodies with paint on the outside! But a Mini T with a lame 6 cell would walk all over a Bruiser in any contest of speed. So what? To each his own I say, all it does is strengthen the hobby as a whole anyway, so it's good for all of us in the end.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:14 AM
pro

There is not much more to say to that, than............RIGHT!
Old 10-22-2006, 08:57 AM
ChrisJuliano

ya, that was well put
Old 10-22-2006, 11:46 AM
TheLinkster

ORIGINAL: signa

Well, there's a certain excitement that goes with nitro. At the place I run one guy has a mamba-powered Mini-T. It's really really fast, but it draws very little attention.

A friend of mine has a Sportwerks Chaos Nitro 1/16th and that thing draws a crowd, and it only does 20MPH. There's something about the noise/smoke/realism with the nitro.

In Florida I watched a show called Lights, Camera, Action and it featured a full-sized radio controlled car with a 1300cc motorcycle engine. That thing SCREAMED. Now, why not do an electric system with tons of torque
and better acceleration? REALISM, that's why.

Electric is cool, but it's not for everyone.
I watched the lights cameras aciton show (I go to disney about 2 times a year ) And the car was not R/C they showed the driver hanging off the side.lol
But I think Mini Nitros are cool because its sucks less nitro and its tiny.lol
I have a Mamba powered Mini-LST and its a rocket but no one ever noticed it, But when I got my Revo 3.3 everyone was outside watching it.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:15 PM
schuh007

mini nitros are good for the noise, but you cant beat the fun of a mamba
Old 10-22-2006, 12:40 PM
capone12

Because people like drawing attention to themselves. Thats why people like nitro! I dont blame them at all because I love attracting attention towards RC because that gives you more people to run/race against if they get interested in it. I've never had a nitro but a few kids around here have them and of course they get plenty of people outside to see where that huge pack of bee's came from. My brushless rusty is just as fast as them but its not as loud which makes it less appealing to people who like real cars. And lets not forget, since radioshack and other places sell garbage electrics they probably automatically assume its one of those and they are no fun to watch.

My first nitro is probably going to be the OFNA nitro mini (the jammin one) because its 1/12th scale which seems like pefect size. Not as big as my rusty but not as small (and useless) as my 18mt. I'm hoping that it'll be easier to maintance since its a mini and it should be fun. I'm personally getting it because my experience with electric minis is terrible. I got a lemon of a 18mt and nothing works on it. Stop to take a look at the spur gear and its stripped, the diffs are toasted, the shocks are empty from leaking, the body is cracked like crazy, and the whole drivetrain is basically done, the steering servo crapped out, ordered a new servo, and it doesn't fit, ugh I'm just gonna try to take this POS to a pawn shop to raise money for my jammin funds!
Old 10-22-2006, 01:32 PM
-Inverted-

The Jammin isn't really a mini. You dont see people calling pan cars mini's.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:56 PM
A.J..

I agree ^^

I wouldnt really consider 1/12 scale mini anymore. Its probablly smaller by a hair than a 1/10 scale. But considering its older brother is much bigger, it is mini.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:13 PM
ChrisJuliano

well, a nitro is always cool becuase when i seen a electric rc i always though they were walmart/radio shack, then once my cuz got a nitro i thought it would get one, so i did research and found out "hobby grade" electrics
Old 10-22-2006, 02:16 PM
A.J..

Is this hobby grade enough for ya?

http://www.racers-haven.com/videos/1...%20run-big.wmv
Old 10-22-2006, 02:21 PM
AznBash3r

AznBash3r, obviously, you have not seen a Mamba in action. There is no lack of oomph. It has significantly more torque than ANY nitro mini out there - and I get around 20 minutes per pack. If I can keep the wheels on the ground, I can hit 60+mph on a 3S LiPo. It has so much power that it can wheelie at almost any speed and goes so fast that it tries to fly (That is why the top speed is 60 - not enough downforce to go faster).
obviously, i have a mamba 8000kv ith a 2 cell lipo... i just appreciate my nitros more.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:54 PM
-Inverted-

My mini lst has gazed the attention of the nitro guys at my local hobby shop, and these are real big on nitro monster trucks.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:08 PM
pro

ORIGINAL: A.J..

Is this hobby grade enough for ya?

http://www.racers-haven.com/videos/1...%20run-big.wmv
I´ve seen this vid before and watched it over and over again. Do you know anything about it. What Car, what Motor???? Lipos?
Does anybody knoes some?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.