Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

RC18B Tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 05:27 PM
rcsrock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC18B Tires

Hello
I was just wondering if i buy tires, (not rims) is it ok if i get the same ones for all 4 wheels, or should i get 2 front and 2 back? If i get different ones for the buggy (front and back) which ones should i buy? How do i glue them on also? Do i glue them on to the rims and then screw the tires on? On the buggy right now the tires in the back are wider then the ones in the front.

Thanks
Old 10-09-2006, 06:55 PM
Seek and Destroy

Default RE: RC18B Tires

ORIGINAL: rcsrock

Hello
I was just wondering if i buy tires, (not rims) is it ok if i get the same ones for all 4 wheels, or should i get 2 front and 2 back? If i get different ones for the buggy (front and back) which ones should i buy? How do i glue them on also? Do i glue them on to the rims and then screw the tires on? On the buggy right now the tires in the back are wider then the ones in the front.

Thanks
You need 2 front skinny ones, and 2 back fat ones. You can get any tires, as long as the fit the buggy front or the buggy rear. To glue them you put the tires and foams on, then glue the tire to the rim. Lift up the tire some on the side, then put some glue inbetweenthe 2 lines on the rim. You can't use just any glue, you have to use cyanacralite or however you spell it. Or as it's normally called, C.A. It is easiest to glue the tire to the rim, with the rims not on the car. You can do it that way, it will just be harder.

Old 10-09-2006, 07:13 PM
rcsrock

where is a good site or store to by tires? You said you need 2 skinny and 2 fat tires, but then you said you can get any tires as long as they fit the front or rear. I need a little explanation on this also. Thanks for the help!
Old 10-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Seek and Destroy

ORIGINAL: rcsrock

where is a good site or store to by tires? You said you need 2 skinny and 2 fat tires, but then you said you can get any tires as long as they fit the front or rear. I need a little explanation on this also. Thanks for the help!
I guess I was kind of saying the same thing.
Front= skinny tires
Rear= fat tires

I guess what I mean on the second one is, well I think I was trying to say the same thing.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:13 PM
rcsrock

Okay do you know where i could get them because on towerhobbies i could only find front ones. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Seek and Destroy

I don't know, but I would ckeck www.killerhobbies.com and they have a 45% off sale also.