Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 02:04 PM
llm21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the steering rod, man the factory stock parts suck. However I really think that if you are going to fix it, a zip tie is not the way to go the are to stiff, and could cause the servo to strip out which would really not be good. The best material I have found to fix this problem that offers the strength yet flexibility, with out the possibility of destroying the servo is simply the plastic from an empty 20 oz. Coke bottle or excess pieces from a R/C body (Lexan). It works great and has enough rigidity for steering and retains enough flexibility to save your servo from impacts.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Irlsh
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: llm21

On the steering rod, man the factory stock parts suck. However I really think that if you are going to fix it, a zip tie is not the way to go the are to stiff, and could cause the servo to strip out which would really not be good. The best material I have found to fix this problem that offers the strength yet flexibility, with out the possibility of destroying the servo is simply the plastic from an empty 20 oz. Coke bottle or excess pieces from a R/C body (Lexan). It works great and has enough rigidity for steering and retains enough flexibility to save your servo from impacts.

yea i agree i have used the zipties as well but they are to stiff i dont like how it makes the suspension stiffer and doesnt let the springs push it all the way up. BUT the servo is equiped with a saver so that part is ok. i found some lexan from an old body laying around and seemed pretty flexible to use.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:31 PM
twoe

I hope you wouldn't mind giving me a couple tips. I'm trying to outfit my micro T with a lipo from some Air Hogs Aero Aces. I saw this youtube video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MxDj77FsOzY
How would one connect the 2 batteries together, How do you make sure they are putting out the right wattage/volts, and then how do you connect them to the car? Iwould plan on continuing to use my aero ace charger so i would have to figure out a way to charge the 2 connected batteries on 1 charger which formerly was made to charge 1 battery. Any tips would be great. Plus a fast way of switching out connectors since the car and the charger would require 2 different ones.
Thanks
Old 01-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Irlsh

ORIGINAL: twoe

I hope you wouldn't mind giving me a couple tips. I'm trying to outfit my micro T with a lipo from some Air Hogs Aero Aces. I saw this youtube video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MxDj77FsOzY
How would one connect the 2 batteries together, How do you make sure they are putting out the right wattage/volts, and then how do you connect them to the car? Iwould plan on continuing to use my aero ace charger so i would have to figure out a way to charge the 2 connected batteries on 1 charger which formerly was made to charge 1 battery. Any tips would be great. Plus a fast way of switching out connectors since the car and the charger would require 2 different ones.
Thanks

look at the top of page 6 of this thread [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5093026/mpage_6/key_/tm.htm]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5093026/mpage_6/key_/tm.htm[/link]
Old 01-01-2007, 10:41 PM
rcworld2000com

now is that done using the stock esc and reciver combo ?

or will the lipo blow it up..
Old 01-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Mr. Mugen

No it won't blow up. I use mine everyday with a lipo 2 cell and it just screams. Wheelies on demand. After each battery I let it cool for a few minutes. I still never had a single problem from the batt-esc-motor. I have run about 30 packs of lipo and 10 nimh through it so far.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Racing T

what do you do to stop the cells to go under 3v?
Old 01-02-2007, 03:52 PM
makg

Does anyone want to give me some tips on taking apart the transmission on my Micro T to find that noise? Should I do somthing elce to the diff or tranny while I'm at it? Thanks
Old 01-03-2007, 05:34 PM
makg

Nevermind guys, I found the problem...Has anyone made/thought of making shock covers? I'm going to make some yellow ones soon
Old 01-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Mr. Mugen

I only run for 15 minutes then stop to recharge.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Mr. Mugen

ORIGINAL: Pro-Z Racing

Not sure if has been posted here is a link to a micro T Chassi kit i will be realeasing soon.

Can use stock or aftermarket electronics uses a 300 mAh battery pack also can use 1000 mAh AAA

www.pro-z.com
Has anyone else bought one of this guys chassis? I ordered mine a while ago and no word from him since. Hmmmm.............
Old 01-04-2007, 02:24 PM
GeoXP

I saw on another post that this builder is currently backlogged with orders...
Old 01-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Irlsh

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen

ORIGINAL: Pro-Z Racing

Not sure if has been posted here is a link to a micro T Chassi kit i will be realeasing soon.

Can use stock or aftermarket electronics uses a 300 mAh battery pack also can use 1000 mAh AAA

www.pro-z.com
Has anyone else bought one of this guys chassis? I ordered mine a while ago and no word from him since. Hmmmm.............

file PAYPAL claim that will speed him up :P
Old 01-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Mr. Mugen

look on page 7 of this thread and you will see that he said he shipped it on dec 13? I believe it was.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Jake07

so i just got a losi micro t. got it for 40 bucks from some guy at a local hooby shop. they run the micro t's on their indoor track. sounds fun so i say what the hey i'll buy it so i got it. brought it home and was amused for a little bit and then i start looking it over. the rear shocks and suspension assembly seemed to sag and wasn't stiff enough for carpet racing. so i made a little sway bar for it using a paper clip (heavy duty) and 2 zip ties. I will be making control arms for the front as well as steering arms. i already read how the break. i will use some thin aluminum. I'll keep you all posted with uprgrades and updates. here are some sway bar picks and the thing works great.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:53 PM
rc294

Guys, tweezers with the ends slightly squared off pop the eclips on no problem. Use an exacto knife to pop them off, point the eclip towards (open end faces up) a small towel under the truck and pop the clip off.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:31 PM
Jake07

so what up grades are out there already made? i also am making a bumper tonight to protect those little wheels lol
Old 01-05-2007, 12:08 AM
makg

ORIGINAL: Jake07

so what up grades are out there already made? i also am making a bumper tonight to protect those little wheels lol
Well none really (except Team Losi bearings), but GPM, Hot Racing, and Parma are all coming out with hop-ups soon. You can also make tie rods and pre-load spacers out of zip ties. Lol...My homemade bumper didn't turn out too well...It took a couple hard smacks and was busted
Old 01-05-2007, 12:36 AM
Racing T

what material did you use?
Old 01-05-2007, 05:40 AM
makg

I used carbon fiber and plastic...Here's my T: (Zip-tie tie rods, shock pre-load spacers, antenna tube, bearings, and decals)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42553.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	591125   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72841.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	591126  
Old 01-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Irlsh

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen

look on page 7 of this thread and you will see that he said he shipped it on dec 13? I believe it was.
he said it was gonna go out the day after the post which was "12/17/2006 11:57:07 PM " so i dunno. he hasnt replied to my emails as well
Old 01-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Mr. Mugen

Anyone know where his shop is?
Old 01-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Mr. Mugen

Just sent him one last email. Then paypal claim to follow. I like saying good things about people and their respective products. However I cannot if there is no reason to. I hope he gives me reason to boast them and not the alternative.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:17 AM
vaporware2004

I just bought a Micro T. I like it, but see a few issues. Are the rest of you able to get these micros to track true and straight. Out of the box, my Micro T is veering to the right. Even with the trim fully adjusted to compensate, this little vehicle tracks to the right. Are others seeing the same? I tore down the car but found that the servo has a hex like output and it was not granular enough to point the wheels straight. [&o]

Are you guys seeing this? If so, how are you guys handling.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:34 AM
VTECguy21

Hello everyone, I just picked up 2 of these a few weeks ago. One was a lemon and the other was perfect out of the box. The good one has bearings in it already and I just ordered two upgraded battery packs and a bearing set for the lemon from killerhobbies.com. I decided the one that I call the lemon will be my basher truck. One thing that did help alot was first, loosening all of the diff housing screws and second was running through a couple battery packs holding one wheel for 15 seconds then switching to the other and back and forth until the diff was smooth and loose. Has anyone tried the upgraded battery from killerhobbies yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.