Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Megatech Pro-Pulse Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Haulin Azz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Megatech Pro-Pulse Review

Thanks alot Phaythe and Mr.Mugen. The only glitchin i had was under hard accceleration on a dead 5 cell. no glitching with the bl though. I will hopefully gets pics soon of all my upgrades so far.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:00 AM
any-name-will-do-4-me

First off, hello to everyone here. This is my review of the pro-pulse b100.

I am pretty happy with my pro-pulse, even after daily use for a solid month. The only weak link I have seen were my shocks. I kept blowing the bottom cap off and my o-ring sliding down, which lets my oil run out. Another issue was the bottom spring holders keep coming off. I fabed up a few spring holders out of misc. houshold things but have yet to find a good replacement and keep losing them. As far as causing the issues this is with jumping it 3' plus at full speed. Range is excellent with my pro-pulse, on a straight road it will go well past any distance I want to run it at. The charge time sucks, but I plug it in, in the morning and when I get off work it is ready to use when ever I get a chance. I have managed to run it into a ditch filled with water and after proper drying, it has run without any problems. Overall I am very impressed with the quality of this car, it handles well, has decent speed and power, and is very durable.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:40 AM
tashspop
My Feedback: (1)

i'm glad your experience has been a great one. is this your first hobby rc? this is what alot of people we're excited about by radio shack selling these cars, new comers to the hobby.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:01 PM
joeyblaze

does any one else get stuttering on slow take offs, mine just started do this, also did a few time during turning... gerrr i hope nothing is broken
Old 01-10-2007, 12:31 PM
mdv

I sometimes get stuttering on slow take-offs, but usually it is due to a low battery.

The problem I am having now, is stuttering on reverse when I go full power quickly, and I am more than 7 feet of so from the truck. If I am inside this range, there is no problem. Also, I do not have any problem with quick full power forward, even outside of this 7 foot range. Receiver? ESC?
Old 01-10-2007, 01:53 PM
any-name-will-do-4-me

the pro-pulse is not my first ever but my first hobby-grade in about 5yrs. I got back into R/Cs with the mini-z and xmod craze. Those both were just a pain in the butt, I had to fix on them more then I got to use them. My brother in-law and I had a blast racing in parking garages but the fun only lasted for about 20 min max before one of us broke something. This pro-pulse has jumped off of my deck, ran full speed into all kind of objects, and took a high speed bath. All without any problems. If I keep into these I am definitly moving back up to a nitro car, I bought this because I wasn't sure I would still enjoy/ have time for an r/c. So in my opinon for a battery powered R/C it is definitly worth the 99 bucks it cost me. The only thing I want to see on this is maybe a lithium upgrade. On the mini-zs' and xmods this made a huge improvement in power and run-time. As far as the stuttering I only experience it when my battery is low.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:44 PM
joeyblaze

See thats the funny thing it was on a fresh pack, hmmm im going to check my battery deans plug, i was messing with it trying to add some leds i had, hmmm maybe ill re soilder it, and see what happens. odd, if not i bet its the ESC right?
Old 01-18-2007, 10:10 PM
haulin a$$

the reception is horrible on this truck i drive it 30ft down the road and its lost its reception.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:51 PM
hdking46

haulin thats what i was saying you cant control it... new rceiver and radio maybe? it will somrtime takeoff on its own
Old 01-18-2007, 11:22 PM
joeyblaze

wow i have no problems with RX tX... i run mine very far like 100 ftplus perfect control
Old 01-19-2007, 12:10 AM
phaythe

ORIGINAL: haulin *****

the reception is horrible on this truck i drive it 30ft down the road and its lost its reception.
I've ran both of mine a good 250-300' down the road I live on (basing judgment on knowing how far away the end of a football field looks from the other endzone). Absolutely no control issues. But judging by the name ( "haulin *****" ) I would guess this was a sad trolling attempt to make it appear that the real Haulin Azz had posted it...
Old 01-19-2007, 12:00 PM
joeyblaze

I've ran both of mine a good 250-300' down the road I live on (basing judgment on knowing how far away the end of a football field looks from the other endzone). Absolutely no control issues. But judging by the name ( "haulin *****" ) I would guess this was a sad trolling attempt to make it appear that the real Haulin Azz had posted it...

< Message edited by phaythe -- 1/19/2007 5:11:00 AM >
lol i just noticed that. i was going to say haulin doesnt talk like that.....
Old 01-19-2007, 03:29 PM
aznmode

ORIGINAL: hdking46

haulin thats what i was saying you cant control it... new rceiver and radio maybe? it will somrtime takeoff on its own
I've had this same issue where the car would reverse on its own. It might have been the controller cause when it was off it wouldnt do it. Exchanged both car w/controller at RS and all is well on my new replacement.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Haulin Azz

yo my user name is copy righted by me! Haulin Azz* <<<<<<<see<<<<<<
Old 01-20-2007, 08:21 AM
backnrc

my son got a pp for xmas..... I love it! Only problems are front shock leak, and spur and pin gear stripped due to screw comming loose. .... not to mention... hehee.... countless flipping end to end!!!! This has brought me back into rcs' big time. I have a 2.5 tmaxx, and a Rustler. I'm always breaking them. This pp has taken 100 times more beating and yes.... this pp WILL slightly pull front wheels up on pavement..... AND ITS STOCK!!!! (only for two triggers)

I'm getting ready to order me one!!!!!
Old 01-20-2007, 08:26 AM
Haulin Azz

cool glad you like it
Old 01-20-2007, 11:03 AM
joeyblaze

welcome to the madness
Old 01-21-2007, 08:44 PM
clutchbob

After I buy a Micro T (for my cat and I), I'll be getting a Pro Pulse. I recently got a Mini T, and being a noobe, didn't know about the radio issues with RTR's. The range of my Mini T was less than 50 feet[]. I thought I had a bad radio and returned it, but the replacement they sent me wasn't any better! A decent radio upgrade would also force me to buy a speed controller and servo.
I figure if I get the Pro Pulse, I can swap the electronics back and forth. I'd have a reasonable radio for both, and basically have two trucks for less than the cost of upgrading the Mini T radio.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:14 PM
tashspop

just watch ebay for the pro pulse radio's, and you can have a reciever for both. or if somebody will find out what they are compatible with, then you can mix brands.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:13 AM
backnrc

has anyone heard of a V6r GM-Racing speed control? I have one that is on an old rustler and was wondering if I could use this with a mini motor? I have seached a little. The speed control can work with up to (or down) a 12 turn motor. My son wants a slightly faster motor for his pp and I was thinking of using his stock for my mini-t, (made a mistake, thought a name like losi would have....well, lets just say .... hehee, nevermind)
Old 01-22-2007, 02:16 AM
monstermaker13

i havnt driven my b100 in over 2 weeks

im waiting till rs has more replacement parts

my tires are almost gone , my gear is stripped, and i broke a shock
Old 01-22-2007, 09:20 AM
tashspop

which gear is stripped? if its the spur, lesson learned= set gear mesh. if its the diff gears, get some for the rc18 cars.
also any rc18 wheel/tire is direct fit.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:42 AM
FlyinGN

hi all. My first post here.. Im a lot older then you guys but used to be into racing RC way back old school when the RC 10 was king. Anyway I have a 12 year Son and was looking at a propulse for him to mess around with.. Gonna pick one up with some mods for his birthday next month..

oh, I also want to say the Haulin Azz sounds like pretty sharp kid. I was the same way at 14. I was doing a frame off resto on my 65 El Camino wth my Dad so I know th efun and how much he is learning. I like what he did with his PP too. Kids got some good talant for a 14 year old. And the cars he is restoring with his Dad are sweet too. No Honda and Nissans. refreshing to see.

And I have seen kids with talant and the drive that he has before. They all became suscessful adults.. Keep it up Haulin.. It will pay of in the years to come..

Frank

btw- here is my website and what I drive

http://tinyurl.com/7zoma
Old 01-26-2007, 10:28 AM
joeyblaze

dude i love GNX and regals GS, i used to drive a grand prix GTP, it was modded as well. smaller pully on the supper charger, cam, heads,downpipe,CAI,full exhaust,upgraded ecu,shift kit, colder plugs and wires. my club used to meet with the bucik guys all the time due the grand prix being the same car as buick regal GS, and lot of the buick gs guys felt a conection the GNX. def props in my book. and yes it is nice to see a young kid that doesnt want a honda witha 5 foot wing... now i drive my CTS... got to grow up some time even tho im 26

but welcome to the fourm and your son will love the PP its nice lil truck for the price and seems to be preaty tough, i love mine
Old 01-26-2007, 06:46 PM
FlyinGN

thanks..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.