Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official Pro-Pulse Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Lapoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Pro-Pulse Thread

Simple question for one of you experts....
I need to order connectors to build a dozen propulse battery packs for stock propulse cars. Where would I get them (best source) . Megatech emailed me and didn't know what their connectors were called.
Thanks,
LaPoot
Old 02-09-2007, 08:51 PM
tashspop
My Feedback: (1)

i believe they are hpi connectors, but what ever they are, i hate them and always go to deans.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:07 PM
bulldog33

Mini Tamiya is what the PP connectors are I believe.....
Old 02-09-2007, 10:16 PM
IamDisaster

ORIGINAL: tashspop

i believe they are hpi connectors, but what ever they are, i hate them and always go to deans.
Agreed...get the Dean's Ultras....not the minis. Deans are wayyyyy tougher than the original mini-Tamiya, will carry more current, with lower resistance, and will last forever.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:56 PM
bulldog33

Another who likes the deans and runs them on every electric rc I have or have ever had!
Old 02-10-2007, 01:06 AM
phaythe

Although I too vote for upgrading to deans connectors, I can confirm that the connector is indeed a female mini tamiya.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:27 AM
tashspop

you know what, they are right. i was thinking of my other cars, they have the hpi plug. sorry, i've picked up a few different new minies here lately.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:08 PM
propulse7

hey do u guys know if you can run the regular 7.2v battery instead of the cut in half pro pulse 7.2 one.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Chiman2

yes. many people run ib1400s like me. u cant run the dual motor conversion though
Old 02-21-2007, 10:00 PM
shook

Is there anyone out there wanting to buy an almost new pro pulse t100. great truck but to fast for my son I purchased it for. Thought he would like the hobby as I do but wants to stick with motor cycles. The truck has 3 bodies stock 2 parma, high speed motor,dual motor upgrade, stock motor, 3 batteries,2 chargers, titanium turnbuckels, black aluminum rims, spiked tires, stock tires and rims, aluminum associated shocks and springs.....and alot of misc. screws......extra bumper front and rear.. the truck runs perfect, oh yah servo saver also... (high speed?) its great but not his cup of tea...
Old 02-21-2007, 10:07 PM
shook

sorry if this is not the right place to throw my sell out there although I bought this truck after reading your comments. thought the truck is great and wanted to pass on a good deal to someone who appreciates the pro pulse
Old 02-21-2007, 10:12 PM
shook

I can email pictures as soon as my wife shows me how, not good with computers. If your interested give me your email and I can send picts of truck parts etc..... thanks for your time, shook
Old 03-03-2007, 07:53 PM
PoNeY

this is my first post, im a total newb in the rc world, but i think ive found my new hobbie.

i am intrested in the truck for sale shook, email me pics - [email protected]

ive only had my truck about 3 days, and ive already broken both bumpers, and the rear dogbone.

ill be ordering replacements soon, but wanted to know if there are any instructions on how to replace these parts.
any info will be greatly appreciated.

thanks fellez
Old 03-11-2007, 05:01 PM
suabrudriftboy

hello everyone, im new here and i just got a propulse pro t-100 truck and its still stock but man its fast! i was just out running it on a small batt charge to see how it worked and i ran into a small problem... it may be because its new or maybe because i hit some left over snow [:@] but anywho... my truck only turns left now (no i refuse to do nascar) and yeah i was wonderin if anyone else has had this problem at all, or what i can do to fix it, this was a gift from my nephew and id hate to have to return it and what not. but if anyone can help id be greatful, i didnt really get the courage to tear into it myself without knowing the chasis that well yet.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:50 PM
aviator24

Finally had some nice Wx here in Michigan. I was curious just how fast my PP could go. I taped my handheld GPS on the back and did a couple WOT runs. With a fresh charge I was able to get er up to 22.6mph totally stock. Not bad I thought??
Old 03-12-2007, 12:53 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: suabrudriftboy

hello everyone, im new here and i just got a propulse pro t-100 truck and its still stock but man its fast! i was just out running it on a small batt charge to see how it worked and i ran into a small problem... it may be because its new or maybe because i hit some left over snow [:@] but anywho... my truck only turns left now (no i refuse to do nascar) and yeah i was wonderin if anyone else has had this problem at all, or what i can do to fix it, this was a gift from my nephew and id hate to have to return it and what not. but if anyone can help id be greatful, i didnt really get the courage to tear into it myself without knowing the chasis that well yet.
I would take the front apart and see if there was anything binding it up. If there isn't then you might have got some moisture in the servo.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:53 AM
integLSdriver

i installed my twin motor conversion from rs but i dont kno whats wrong my front tires spin one way and the back tires spin the opposite anyone no what im doin wrong? plz help
Old 03-30-2007, 04:32 PM
Mdubz

Hey, can anyone let me know if I would be able to use my Prolux Alpha-3 Charger to charge the standard 1200 mah 7.2v pro-pulse battery. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Calin666

Well integLSdriver I don't have a clue why it would do that, but I did install the dual motor upgrade once. I thought it sucked so bad, that I took it out and went back to the high speed motor before I had even done a full run on that one battery pack. I would suggest taking it back, and getting the 7.2v 1400mah pack, that is of course if you don't want to go to Lipo. There are always other upgrades I would do before that though, such as the MIP CVD dog bone upgrade, and the alloy out drive upgrades. Trust me, it will be REALLY WORTH it. After that, buy a backup steering servo and servo saver kit just in case, it never hurts to be prepared.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Calin666

suabrudriftboy, in response to your "steering only left" problem, if you haven't already fixed it, I had something similar happen. A tooth on one of the gears inside the steering servo broke off, and jammed the whole thing. This has happened several times actually. Also, check to make sure the servo is completely plugged in.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Haulin Azz

well you installed the rear diff the wrong way, flip it around and ur truck will go the same both front and rear again. i need a motor for my pro-pulse so i am thinkin of a stock rc18. I fully rebuilt my truck it is basically a new truck except the drivetrain, tires, and electronics, i just need to get a stock rc18 motor to just cruise around with.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:02 PM
daveschutt

I love my B-100 pro pulse. It is the best mini ever! I did however break both the bumpers the first 2 runs I had with it. After I found out it was 10$ for the replacement plastic ones, I made my own. I made them out of steel and they have never "malfunctioned" since I put them on. I will be selling these for the following prices...

Front Bumper- $8.00
Rear Bumper- $7.00
Both Bumpers-$12.00

If they ever bend or break, send them back to me and I will gladly replace them at no cost. E-mail me at [email protected] for questions, payment details and shipping. Thanks!
Here are some pictures of the bumpers...[img][/img]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv65899.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	836067   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72774.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	836068   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg93715.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	836069   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xq44930.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	836070  
Old 01-23-2008, 03:28 AM
hawaii808

My steering servo went bad, so I bought a new micro servo... but now I'm having problems with setting in back up. The stock servo saver from the PP doesn't fit the servo. And the servo savers that came with it don't hit the right height and angle needed to work with the stock linkage.

Any suggestions?

Would the RC18T steering linkage (I'm think the whole set up) mount up and work on the PP chassis?

Thanks,
k.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:48 PM
chaserogesr14

anyone selling one of these for pretty cheap i want one bad