Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL VENDETTA THREAD!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 08:00 PM
jaejw1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL VENDETTA THREAD!!!!!!!!!

been a while since i last read through here.. lots of info to any new owners out there..
Old 01-11-2009, 02:07 AM
cray-

Oh man, haven't touched my RC stuff in months. Got a bit of time on my hands and the moment so I decided to mess around with it today and I've totally forgotten how to even use my battery charger! I upgraded from a cheap Duratrax one to a Swallow AC/DC2 and only used it a few times before everything got shelved. Can't remember how many amps I should put through the 1400 packs. 1.0A?

I ordered a box full of parts and what not [like $100+ worth] for the Detta and MQ from Tower, it's all still sitting there unopened. Gonna have to read through all this stuff again and give myself a refresher. Just thought I'd dig this thread up and say hi. Wonder what new awesome 1/16th everyone else has moved on to now. Anyone made a 1/16th rock crawler yet? I need something new to inspire me.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:53 AM
DettaDude
Banned

ORIGINAL: cray-

Oh man, haven't touched my RC stuff in months. Got a bit of time on my hands and the moment so I decided to mess around with it today and I've totally forgotten how to even use my battery charger! I upgraded from a cheap Duratrax one to a Swallow AC/DC2 and only used it a few times before everything got shelved. Can't remember how many amps I should put through the 1400 packs. 1.0A?

I ordered a box full of parts and what not [like $100+ worth] for the Detta and MQ from Tower, it's all still sitting there unopened. Gonna have to read through all this stuff again and give myself a refresher. Just thought I'd dig this thread up and say hi. Wonder what new awesome 1/16th everyone else has moved on to now. Anyone made a 1/16th rock crawler yet? I need something new to inspire me.

1400mAh pack @ 1.4A max

I guess you've missed a bit about what's new, so maybe you need to take the time to read the threads here.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:18 AM
cray-

Ah was wondering why this thread was so dead, looks like all the actions is over on the OFFICIAL Detta ST THREAD ********** now. Good to see the mighty Dettas are still going strong.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:52 AM
DettaDude
Banned

ORIGINAL: cray-

Ah was wondering why this thread was so dead, looks like all the actions is over on the OFFICIAL Detta ST THREAD ********** now. Good to see the mighty Dettas are still going strong.
probably just a matter of this forum being more basher oriented, fewer racers, and the ST is more bashable
Old 01-11-2009, 01:58 PM
jaejw1

A123 cells
traxxas new 16th scale E-revo and Slayer...
NEU brushless motors and mongoose systems for the vendetta....
steel diff gears for the duratrax ball diffs....
Old 01-12-2009, 05:18 AM
cray-

ooooo lookie what I founded all unopened like with the Detta and MQ:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75306.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	1109058  
Old 01-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Metallover

ORIGINAL: jaejw1

A123 cells
NEU brushless motors and mongoose systems for the vendetta....
steel diff gears for the duratrax ball diffs....
What's this? You thinking about getting a mini e-revo/slayer?

ooooo lookie what I founded all unopened like with the Detta and MQ:
I'll give ya 20 bucks for it.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:00 AM
cray-

ORIGINAL: jaejw1
Nothing on the main Traxxas site about these, though I found some Hobby Show pics on Big Squid. Interestingm but I'm guessing they will be $$$$$$. I'll have to stick with my Chinese knockoffs :P

ORIGINAL: Metallover
I'll give ya 20 bucks for it.
Hahaha, tell 'im he's dreamin'.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:02 PM
LIVipers

Well guys I am officially an owner of a Duratrax Vendetta (buggy). I would like to set it up for a 1/10th off-road track. Now as anybody with a new car, I have a couple of questions:

1) Are the graphite parts (shock towers, Diff cases, chassis, ect.) worth getting? I have a xxx-cr so I know the difference graphite makes on the 1/10 cars, just curious if it is the same on the vendetta.

2) Are the aluminum front knuckles from Duratrax a cost worthy upgrade? They are $40 so I just want to make sure they are worth it before I get them.

3) Tires, Tires, Tires. The track I race on is designed for 1/10 scale as stated earlier. It is a clay type mixture that it wet and swept often. It is a hard type of dirt. On the 1/10 2wd rear bk bars in pink are the choice in rear and taper pins in pink are the choice for the front. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations. I was looking at the crimefighters by Proline mounted on Half-8 wheels but I am not sure if they will work. Any help in this area would be very much appreciated.

4) Is there a good 2s Li-Po that anyone can recommend. I will be running a Novak Mongoose 10.5 system.

Thanks in advance,

Tom M.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:52 PM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: LIVipers

Well guys I am officially an owner of a Duratrax Vendetta (buggy). I would like to set it up for a 1/10th off-road track. Now as anybody with a new car, I have a couple of questions:

1) Are the graphite parts (shock towers, Diff cases, chassis, ect.) worth getting? I have a xxx-cr so I know the difference graphite makes on the 1/10 cars, just curious if it is the same on the vendetta.

2) Are the aluminum front knuckles from Duratrax a cost worthy upgrade? They are $40 so I just want to make sure they are worth it before I get them.

3) Tires, Tires, Tires. The track I race on is designed for 1/10 scale as stated earlier. It is a clay type mixture that it wet and swept often. It is a hard type of dirt. On the 1/10 2wd rear bk bars in pink are the choice in rear and taper pins in pink are the choice for the front. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations. I was looking at the crimefighters by Proline mounted on Half-8 wheels but I am not sure if they will work. Any help in this area would be very much appreciated.

4) Is there a good 2s Li-Po that anyone can recommend. I will be running a Novak Mongoose 10.5 system.

Thanks in advance,

Tom M.
be careful with that novak on the 10th scale track,,, you will have to gear it really high which means it wont be as fast as you MIGH like.. and it might not have enough power to clear the most challenging of jumps..

tires.. stick with the crimefighters and half8th wheels..

the flighpower evolite 2s 1600mah might be your best bet..
Old 02-05-2009, 10:09 PM
LIVipers

Thanks. I really appreciate all the help. I will post pics when I am done.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:42 PM
jomich25

Good forum..lots of good info. Anyways, I am a new Vendetta owner, but an experienced driver, and I would like to run on an indoor carpet track that is near me. The buggy is mostly stock with rubber slicks. I have two issues. First, the car pushes terribly to he point where I can barely control it. Are there some set-up sheets out there for carpet or does someone know what a good starting point would be for carpet? Second, If I tighten the screws that hold the wheels on just the slightest bit too much, it creates too much drag. However, if I loosen them a little, the wheels practically fall off. What would correct this? Thanks.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:00 AM
sunco1

well regarding the pushing issue..

what i see most people do is take some ca glue.. and put a layer of glue around the edge of the tire. on the top part. all the around the tire. if you decide to do this.. do it little by little.. and i suggest taping the tire off so the glue says in a straight line and doesnt run
Old 02-24-2009, 10:14 PM
walkingcarpet900

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey everyone,
Well some of you may remember me but Ive been off the forums for quite a bit and out of the hobby kind of. Only had a Mini Mgt and planning on selling that to get a Vendetta. Couple questions, does anybody use the GPM Steel Cvds and the Steel Ball Diff Gears? Any good? Um what else, so basic hop ups to a stock vendetta buggy.. servo hold down, better battery, shock bushings, thicker shock oil/jae's shock mod. What shock oil/ springs are you guys running? I plan on running 2s lipo with the Vr3 motor. So yeah, anything new regardding the Vendetta? I hope to sell my Mini Mgt to get one or trade it so yeah. Is the Ammo 3900 still the motor of choice for brushless in the Vendetta? Thanks!
Old 02-24-2009, 10:25 PM
Metallover

Really all I ever seen the vendetta NEEDING is better cvd's. Servo hold down is the other must. You can get ball diffs, but the gear diffs should hold up if you shim them inside and out. I had a Neu and the front diff was fine not being a ball diff.

I would recommend them though. For motors get a Neu or Medusa. They are the new kings. I really want to see someone choose a medusa... VERY close to Neu in performance at 2/3 the price.

People say the 1515 Neu's compare to the 36mm medusas and medusa's aren't far behind. You should know the Neu is iirc 4mm larger in diamter.

I don't remember the price of ammos but isn't medusa's about the same? ~$60??
Old 02-24-2009, 11:26 PM
walkingcarpet900

What model is the Medusa? I'll look into that for sure. Just ordered a 1/10th Sidewinder ESC. Man can't wait to sell this MMGT. Vendetta Buggys are only 110 on stormer and there is a $15 merchandise credit rebate I can get.

http://www.duratrax.com/promos/race-...ng-rebate.html
Duratrax Rebate
Old 02-24-2009, 11:33 PM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: walkingcarpet900

Hey everyone,
Well some of you may remember me but Ive been off the forums for quite a bit and out of the hobby kind of. Only had a Mini Mgt and planning on selling that to get a Vendetta. Couple questions, does anybody use the GPM Steel Cvds and the Steel Ball Diff Gears? Any good? Um what else, so basic hop ups to a stock vendetta buggy.. servo hold down, better battery, shock bushings, thicker shock oil/jae's shock mod. What shock oil/ springs are you guys running? I plan on running 2s lipo with the Vr3 motor. So yeah, anything new regardding the Vendetta? I hope to sell my Mini Mgt to get one or trade it so yeah. Is the Ammo 3900 still the motor of choice for brushless in the Vendetta? Thanks!
not to negate anything that metallover said...

but FOR ME.. i neede the steel diffs and had been needing them since i was running the permax.. with the steel difs my mind is at ease and i can run my car into the ground and not have any worries about diff failure (something that would always haunt me during practice and races,,, usually happened when there was a large jump with a short run on the track.. ) basically i have probably saved over 150bux in ball diff gears alone..

the ammo motor is a great starter motor.. but if you are running on a large track and you need the power and speed the neu motor is the best option offering kv ratings from 10,500kv (1105/1y) to the 1550kv (1110/6d),,, the 1105 ,, 1107 and 1110 series will fit the vendetta.. just find what you need and go with it.. just know that the larger series have way more power.. and you need the esc and batts to push the motor..

dont forget about the PBS system for the buggy..

some good batts to get .. flightpower eonlite2s 1600mah ,,, or the A123 2s pack with a a123 charger.. (well woth the money ,, with only a 15minute charge time.. and a huge amp busrt rating.. )

here is my current set up on my ST... http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...crcraceway.jpg

and this is what the neu can do.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iZuUoax6O8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S32YX7e01cE
Old 02-24-2009, 11:39 PM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: Metallover

Really all I ever seen the vendetta NEEDING is better cvd's. Servo hold down is the other must. You can get ball diffs, but the gear diffs should hold up if you shim them inside and out. I had a Neu and the front diff was fine not being a ball diff.

I would recommend them though. For motors get a Neu or Medusa. They are the new kings. I really want to see someone choose a medusa... VERY close to Neu in performance at 2/3 the price.

People say the 1515 Neu's compare to the 36mm medusas and medusa's aren't far behind. You should know the Neu is iirc 4mm larger in diamter.

I don't remember the price of ammos but isn't medusa's about the same? ~$60??
do you think your king kong motor would have done ok with a 19/45 gearing with the new flightpower eonlite... its rated at a burst of 64amps...
Old 02-25-2009, 12:13 AM
walkingcarpet900

So what wheels/tires are you running Jae?
Do you still have that chart for the motor mounting positions?
What screws do you guys use to mount the brushless motor to the motor mount, I believe the stock ones are 2.6mm and my Ammo motor had 3mm holes.

Thanks
Old 02-25-2009, 12:20 AM
jaejw1

im using the duratrax d-bars..

the neu motor takes a 2.6mm screw.. im almost positive.. i never remove mine.. (eventhough i need to,,, for cleaning.. )

here is that chart..

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...rent=gears.jpg

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...RatioChart.jpg

motor review http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7472571
tire review www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6000527/tm.htm
Old 02-25-2009, 12:31 AM
walkingcarpet900

Oh sick man! I totally for got about all those charts. Awesome man.

Is the PBS system better than just tie rods?
Worth the 30 bucks?

Does anyone use ball bearings for the steering bellcranks instead of the bushings?

Are there any new parts from like TheToyz/DrivenProductions/RPM/GPM?

Two more questions.
Can I run a Vendetta ST Body on the Vendetta Buggy. Just using velcro on the sides?

and Are there any new bodies out for the bug or truck?

Thanks for all the help man!
Old 02-25-2009, 12:37 AM
walkingcarpet900

Oh and can you give me a link to where you got your Neu motor? I can't find them anywhere for some reason.And I need my RC knowledge to be refreshed. So for the gear ratio chart, is it the higher the number, the less acceleration/more speed, and lower the number the more acceleration/less speed. I remember for the Ammo, 19/41 seemed to be best. In those videos, are you running the Neu with 13/45?
Old 02-25-2009, 06:41 AM
jaejw1

i was running mine at 19/45 while doing speed runs... metallover was running at 17/45

im currently running at 13/45 while at the track,, here are some videos of it running at the track,,, the last one you just have to look for the lil pink monster running with the 8th scale buggies..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiF3jdkFjLQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojHEQP372qE
Old 02-25-2009, 07:11 AM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: walkingcarpet900

Oh and can you give me a link to where you got your Neu motor? I can't find them anywhere for some reason.And I need my RC knowledge to be refreshed. So for the gear ratio chart, is it the higher the number, the less acceleration/more speed, and lower the number the more acceleration/less speed. I remember for the Ammo, 19/41 seemed to be best. In those videos, are you running the Neu with 13/45?
http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...rs/nm1100.html

yes thats right.. you saw correctly... castle creations is selling them.. made to order.. if you get one make sure it has a 3.2mm shaft on it..

on the final drives... the higher the final drive.. the quicker it is but no top end... (depending on the motor ofcourse )
the closer you get the "1" the axle spins as fast as the motor does.. ,,, so basically the motor is the fastest thing spinning in the vehicle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.