Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Vendetta Brushless motors... pros/cons

Old 04-01-2007, 11:45 PM
jaejw1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vendetta Brushless motors... pros/cons

rally tires,,, those hard things,,,,,

what didnt you like about the half8th gex adapter,,,, did you get the plastic one or the alloy
Old 04-02-2007, 02:16 AM
Silentbob343

What is the max RPM on the Ammo motors? Both the 3900 and 5100 claim to handle 11.1v, but a fully charged 3 cell is 12.4v which would put the 5100 over 60,000 RPM.

I have one 2 cell and one 3 cell, so I'm thinking the 3900. The OD of MQ tires is 2.8". What is it for Mini Inferno tires, 2.5"?

heh, max RPM for the permax says 50,000RPM, but 5200kv with a 3 cell lipo is way over 50,00RPM.
http://www.multiplexusa.com/product_fs.htm
Old 04-03-2007, 10:21 PM
20%nitro

the hex seemed a little small and also the tire options seem limited with the adaptors oh and they were plastic . HPI Pirelli T Rally Tire 26mm S Compound seem to be the trick for the tc guys on this surface but its not the only choice because of the limited contact patch. i ordered both the ammo and the permax to try in the vendetta should be here soon and the spur kit may be here for the weekend-------????
thanks for the interest and help

Old 04-06-2007, 06:05 PM
aznmode

Hey Jae,

Got my Permax a few days ago and it is fast and very torquey. I like it a lot. Thanks. The only thing is on take off it cogs and I know thats because of the motor. Is there a way to get around that? I was bragging to my friends how fast this motor is and how it can probably keep up with their mini-t and propulse but my take off sux ***** cause of that cogging so I end up losing when I try to race them. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Silentbob343

ORIGINAL: aznmode

Hey Jae,

Got my Permax a few days ago and it is fast and very torquey. I like it a lot. Thanks. The only thing is on take off it cogs and I know thats because of the motor. Is there a way to get around that? I was bragging to my friends how fast this motor is and how it can probably keep up with their mini-t and propulse but my take off sux ***** cause of that cogging so I end up losing when I try to race them. Any input is greatly appreciated.
NVM I see you are using the Quark. My goal is 0 cogging with my BL setup so let me know how it goes.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:20 PM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: Silentbob343

What is the max RPM on the Ammo motors? Both the 3900 and 5100 claim to handle 11.1v, but a fully charged 3 cell is 12.4v which would put the 5100 over 60,000 RPM.

I have one 2 cell and one 3 cell, so I'm thinking the 3900. The OD of MQ tires is 2.8". What is it for Mini Inferno tires, 2.5"?

heh, max RPM for the permax says 50,000RPM, but 5200kv with a 3 cell lipo is way over 50,00RPM.
http://www.multiplexusa.com/product_fs.htm
you might never see max rpm,,, not unless you gear it wrong and drive it for long periods,,,,
you have to look at drag and rollout,,, you might reach the vehicles top end before reaching the motors max rpm...

there is a video of someone using a 3s lipo with the permax ,,, dont know their gearing ,,,, but if you are using stock wheels you might want to gear it at 19/41
Old 04-06-2007, 06:24 PM
jaejw1

Hey Jae,

which esc are you using,,,, if its the mamba ,, then it will cogg but the Quark pro car33a is whats best for that motor,,,,,, how is the motor geared,,, what pinion/spur
Old 04-08-2007, 09:07 AM
20%nitro

thanks jaejw1 i installed the gp ammo and used the mamba spedo and went with the 21/41 gearing and speeds were good and temps were in in line with the guys rinning the associated. now i am thinking about the detta truggy. the long arms and pivot ball knuckles and better body mounts are looking good. anyway thanks to you the detta is gona be a winner again!
Old 04-08-2007, 11:49 AM
jaejw1

21/41 was a guess since I use bigger tires,,,,, how is the speed and torque..... and what can you compare it to
Old 04-08-2007, 11:19 PM
20%nitro

i run against rc18t and b's with mamba 8kvs and a guy showed up with a detta with a gh motor with a mamba spedo. i dont know what gearing they are running. i'll try to get more info. i spent most of my time fighting set up to get my car to drive right. the torque was strong with the 20/41 but top speed was lagging so i changed to the 21/41 and lost some torque but gained the speed i needed. one guy with the 8kv has a 13/60 in his rc18 and he took the main. the guy with the detta/gh did very well also. after the races i finished my set up and think i can compete next week if i can go. my temps were 116-120 on the spedo and 156-160 at the motor and using 30% drag brake after a 4 min main. i checked the amps at full power and free spin was at about 16 amps and if i locked the wheels i could force 28 for a moment so it seems the motor will continue to work with the spedo even though the specs say otherwise.
g's im gettin windy but im wondering why another friends vendetta with a 6800 mamba does not overheat.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:33 PM
jaejw1

probably gearing or using a rc18 spur,,, a few guys have done this,,,, are you using the detta buggy,,, if so are you using stock tires... might want to switch to the mini inferno buggy wheels
Old 04-09-2007, 03:28 AM
aznmode

ORIGINAL: jaejw1

Hey Jae,

which esc are you using,,,, if its the mamba ,, then it will cogg but the Quark pro car33a is whats best for that motor,,,,,, how is the motor geared,,, what pinion/spur
I'm using quark33 and a 20c 1500mah 3cell lipo geared at 19/41. Didn't you mentioned that the motor will seem like its grinding in the beginning but thats how the motor is. I think thats what i'm experiencing.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:33 AM
jaejw1

holy CRAP dude,,,,, a permax with a 3s lipo geared at 19/41,,, how fast is that thing,,,, you should be able to beat an rc18 with a c4 with absolute ease....
are you racing it or just bashing it

wow I would love to see a video of it
Old 04-09-2007, 04:47 AM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: 20%nitro

i run against rc18t and b's with mamba 8kvs and a guy showed up with a detta with a gh motor with a mamba spedo. i dont know what gearing they are running. i'll try to get more info. i spent most of my time fighting set up to get my car to drive right. the torque was strong with the 20/41 but top speed was lagging so i changed to the 21/41 and lost some torque but gained the speed i needed. one guy with the 8kv has a 13/60 in his rc18 and he took the main. the guy with the detta/gh did very well also. after the races i finished my set up and think i can compete next week if i can go. my temps were 116-120 on the spedo and 156-160 at the motor and using 30% drag brake after a 4 min main. i checked the amps at full power and free spin was at about 16 amps and if i locked the wheels i could force 28 for a moment so it seems the motor will continue to work with the spedo even though the specs say otherwise.
g's im gettin windy but im wondering why another friends vendetta with a 6800 mamba does not overheat.

try to switch to the half8th proline wheels with proline crime fighters,,, your speeds will go up,,,, the ammo isnt really made for the buggy,, atleast not with those small tires,,,,, it is like having powerful legs and riding a regular bicycle,,,,,, you dont really need strong legs just fast legs,,,, the only time you would need powerful legs is when you are riding a beach cruiser.....
use the bigger tires so that the ammo motor can work for you,,,,, those smaller tires are causing you to lose top end...

I had this problem during my race ,,,, switching from the half8th ST wheels to the smaller stock detta ST wheels.... I lost my top end but gained just a lil bit more torque,,,, it was still faster than the trucks just not as fast as with the bigger wheels...

try out the proline stuff and you will notice a difference,,,

the ammo 5100 and permax are more inline with the buggy with either stock wheels or half8th wheels,,,, the ammo 3900 is more for the truggy and for someone that doesnt want to buy another esc.....
Old 04-09-2007, 08:36 PM
darindotson

Hey guys- I'm still going strong with my Permax 400/4D in my Vendetta buggy. The 19/45 gearing seems to be ideal for this setup- 2S lipo on the offroad, and 3S lipo on the oval. I've found that the Kyosho Half-8 wheels and tires are the perfect diameter for this car and motor (no, they haven't broken yet)- very torquey, and great top speed. My motor has never temped over 120F during any of the races. I typically finish near or at the top in the oval, and usually in the top three on the offroad track. I'm using a Quark 33 pro car- a fantastic ESC for this motor. Regarding cogging- I only notice this when using larger offroad tires, like the 3Racing Mini Inferno set, but not with the smaller wheels. I'll video this weekend- it's surreal- passing a VR3 powered Vendetta on the straights like it was standing still. I am using 70wt/90 wt shock oil front/rear on the offroad, and 25 wt all around for the oval (kept dumping the car in the turns with the stiffer shocks).

Awesome fun!!

D.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:47 AM
Silentbob343

ORIGINAL: 20%nitro

Which ammo and what type of batts?
Old 04-10-2007, 10:56 AM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: darindotson

Hey guys- I'm still going strong with my Permax 400/4D in my Vendetta buggy. The 19/45 gearing seems to be ideal for this setup- 2S lipo on the offroad, and 3S lipo on the oval. I've found that the Kyosho Half-8 wheels and tires are the perfect diameter for this car and motor (no, they haven't broken yet)- very torquey, and great top speed. My motor has never temped over 120F during any of the races. I typically finish near or at the top in the oval, and usually in the top three on the offroad track. I'm using a Quark 33 pro car- a fantastic ESC for this motor. Regarding cogging- I only notice this when using larger offroad tires, like the 3Racing Mini Inferno set, but not with the smaller wheels. I'll video this weekend- it's surreal- passing a VR3 powered Vendetta on the straights like it was standing still. I am using 70wt/90 wt shock oil front/rear on the offroad, and 25 wt all around for the oval (kept dumping the car in the turns with the stiffer shocks).

Awesome fun!!

D.
make sure you put the video in the vendetta video thread.. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5684344/tm.htm
Old 04-11-2007, 10:23 PM
20%nitro

silentbob343; i am running 28-35-3900KV and 7cell nimh ib 1400 with 14 ga wire w/deans and mamba 25 esc and have switched back to the stock detta buggy tires. and now run 30%drag brake which helps me out of the corners. thanks to jae my car does much better now.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:41 PM
jaejw1

were you running the stock wheels in your last post... have you tried runing the mini inferno buggy wheels.. this will give you more top end..

is that 21/41 gearing working out for you.. are you able to play with the other boys..

also are you running on carpet or offroad dirt? how is your set up.. do you have a sheet?
Old 04-12-2007, 04:46 PM
SparkedFlyer

Guys, i'm thinking on getting a Vendetta. I'm looking at the buggy and the new ST and they seem to be the same apart from the form and the ST has a larger (better?) engine, stock. I like the buggy look better than the ST (wheelbase looks to wide). However, i doubt I will ever truly "race" with this - it's for pure fun.....but......I do want to eventually add some upgrades just in case . So, I will typically be running it on the street, my bermuda grass, and some dirt hils. So, do you think the buggy Vendetta is up for it or do I have to go for the ST? It will be stock at first but then will eventually be upgraded to brushless (i hope). What do you think? Personal experience running a vendetta (either) "around the house" (outside) would be appreciated.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:52 PM
SparkedFlyer

jaejw1, you seem to have a lot of experience with the Vendetta brushless setups. You said the GP Ammo is almost a direct fit. Does that include the right sized pinion or do i have to remove the pinion from the original? What would I have to do as far as pinion to run a Mamba bl motor (5000k)? I dont want to have to mess with pinions if I can avoid it because they're a pain to remove and put back on. Do motors typically come with pinions?

Also, could i keep the stock receiver and servo and just change the motor/esc? I almost bought a Mamba setup but i'm glad i read this. I'd still like to install the Mamba but wasnt aware that it didnt fit. Maybe i should get a mini-t? Decisions, decisions. Thanks for your help!!
Old 04-12-2007, 05:37 PM
jaejw1

get the ST,,, the buggy d the ST both come with the same motor just a different pinion....
I would keep it stock,, only upgrading the things you have to,, like the steel cvd's,,, the car you can buy a VR3 motor and advance the timing d you will be set..... look at the "vendetta videos" thread and look at the post from EAMEDIA,, he has a few videos of his with the VR3 motor...

just run brushed for now and when you are ready for brushless then reread this thread,,, you will find that the VR3 is fast already
Old 04-12-2007, 08:40 PM
SparkedFlyer

The buggy comes with a 380 motor and the ST comes with a VR3. HoNot sure what you mean by advance the timing. Also, are the stock tires ok to run on asphalt/concrete? i dont want to wear them out easily.

thanks!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:03 PM
jaejw1

the buggy tires will wear quickly like any other stock tire.. my bad your right it does come with the vr3.... i never ran mine.. i went straight BL on the first day.. but i did run the vr3 in my buggy.. advance the timing by turning the can while keeping the endbell still.. the can will turn which will put the brushes in a different alignment with the magnets.. it could either make it slower.. or make it faster than stock setting.. depends on which way you turn the can
Old 04-12-2007, 09:33 PM
SparkedFlyer

Gotcha, thanks for the tip. Hope that wont overwork the motor. I saw the videos posted by EAMEDIA. I find it very hard to believe that the car is running stock. I saw the other videos and the stock looks to be just as fast!! i gues thats a good thing if its really that fast stock. One more question. Do you know anything about Lipo Shields? I already Li-Pos for my planes and i want to use some in the car, but i dont want to change the ESC or else i'll just go ahead and change the motor too. I saw a lipo-shield device that cuts off the car when the battery gets to 3 volts per cell. Ever heard of that and do they work?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.