Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

I've heard of micro-t transmission problems...Is it true?

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

I've heard of micro-t transmission problems...Is it true?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Checkpointracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've heard of micro-t transmission problems...Is it true?

I've had my micro-t for awhile and the transmission has been okay, but I'm wonderering that if I where to put the new losi 1/36 brushless and lipo in it would the transmission be blown to peices or would it hold up? Also are there any tranny durablity upgrades that would come in useful?

Thanks.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Mz

Default RE: I've heard of micro-t transmission problems...Is it true?

the bushing in the transmission wears out easily. you can get a 3racing aluminum transmission that has bearing instead of bushings. that will help. i personally think the radio is horrible. that is the main reason i haven't run mine in a very long time.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:28 PM
KRO

I bought the Lipo right after I got my Micro T and the tranny held up fine for quite a few runs .

I have the 3 Racing tranny case and the Atomic BB motor now and it has more runs on it than I can remember .
Old 10-14-2007, 12:23 PM
bmwnla

hey Mz i thought the radio was crappy too, i didnt get more than 40 ft of range, but i took the reciever apart and soldered a longer piece of reciver wire and my problems have gone away i get at least 100ft range maybe more
Old 10-14-2007, 02:15 PM
sloppyG

ORIGINAL: bmwnla

hey Mz i thought the radio was crappy too, i didnt get more than 40 ft of range, but i took the reciever apart and soldered a longer piece of reciver wire and my problems have gone away i get at least 100ft range maybe more

can you even see a micro-t at 100 ft?