Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Micro-T setup questions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 02:26 PM
-JOE-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro-T setup questions?

Ok, I have been away for awhile. I have since forgot what was good and bad, and what I need to change. I drive only inside my house, which has a lot of room for this little guy.

I was wondering was mods I should do and if I should get anything aluminum?

I also would like to know if brushless and lipo is to much for inside?
Old 11-18-2007, 03:21 PM
dacaur

Default RE: Micro-T setup questions?

Well, definitely get bearings for the wheels.... lipo is good for longer run times and more speed, it could only be too much if you cannot control your index finger, I have also heard good things about the atomic BB motor.. Indoors i dont see the point of brushless in the micro-t unless you have a really big empty room to run it in.... I haven't broken a thing on mine yet so i cannot make any recommendations on what to upgrade to aluminum, your best bet is to just play it by ear... if it breaks more than once, upgrade it to aluminum, but plastic is lighter so if an upgrade is not needed, you will get better performance if you stick with plastic...... i hear the steering links used to bust a lot but they changed them... never broken mine...
Old 11-19-2007, 08:59 AM
MacMan72

Default RE: Micro-T setup questions?

Well, I consider my build pretty much only what is "needed". I only run indoors as well and I can say that the brushless is not so much faster than a BB on Lipo that it is unusable. I find that it works very well. It is much smoother and quieter than the BB and I get better run times with the BL. It's a bit on the pricey side but everything that is done, is done for better performance, not for bling. I personally think that aluminum is not needed for this car. It adds weight and I have not broken anything plastic that needs to be converted to aluminum yet. I did change my steering links to zip ties and hear that there are turnbuckles you can get.

http://www.one18th.com/GetGallery16094.htm