Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

fresh powder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

fresh powder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Muggy250r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fresh powder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well they were calling for snow so i got ready!!! its still coming down!!! calling for 8in!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Stealth47

Default RE: fresh powder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are calling for quite a bit of it here too. Can see you already did some doughnuts in it. I wasnt sure if I should break out my rc's for the snow, but we'll see.

Evan
Old 12-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Muggy250r

Default RE: fresh powder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol the worst thing is my muggy needs the carb, and my jato needs a spur gear!!!! so the rc18mt is the only thing i can run as of right now.... maybe ill see if someone can pick me up one
Old 12-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Big Green Machine

Sweet, I actually killed my ESC on my 18mt last ytear at around this time crashing into a snow bank. What about your poor Servo? its covered in snow. Is it stock? Also what kind of plastic are you using, is it heat resistant?
Old 12-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Muggy250r

im not worried about the servo cause it is sealed pretty good, and i just wrapped the esc and reciever in balloons... works perfectly!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Big Green Machine

Cool, ya I have heard of the ballons trick, unfortunately not until after I fried my ESC. I ran the thing on heavy rain days and everyhting though so it did do pretty well. I never had a prbome with the servo either until I stripped the gears, however, your is covered in wet snow [:-] , I think you might be pushing your luck a bit. Anyone have any experience with the MLST in the snow/wet roads? It seems like it would be a great candidtate due to the chassis contrution, height and what not. any tips?
Old 12-13-2007, 01:26 PM
HpiDrifter420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wish we would get some powder over here. all we got right now is a rain mixed with ice. id love to take my Nitro mini out in it
Old 12-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Muggy250r

well now its a mix of ice and rain, but its still fun cause the rc18mt does break through it just goes across the top and u can just slid it everywhere!!! and im not worried about the servo cause i blow dry the truck once i get in... im about to go do that now, so it doesnt get wet really , just the outside does.... ill charge up and go out again for a 3rd run.... the worst thing is my fingers are frozen b4 the battery even starts to die, but i quess i need thicker gloves than just fox mx gloves
Old 12-13-2007, 02:20 PM
HpiDrifter420

when i use a blow dryer to dry my r/c's off i just end up laying down next to it for abot 5-10 mins and by then everythings dry. plus smaller servos are cheap. for my xray mini i can get a replacement cheap servo for 15-18 bucks and a good one for 25-30. thats why i love minis way cheaper to fix and mod. so if i get a 15 dollar servo to last me 5-10 runs in snow and rain and mud i think its pretty good.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Muggy250r

lol yeah but i dont have a ride to the hobby shop so i need to dry the servo so i can drive the rest of the day....
Old 12-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Big Green Machine

The servo in the 18mt is the lousiest part of the truck anyways. It really sucks, it has no torque and the gears strip pretty easy. I ended up putting the hs65mg in there with the metal servo saver and the alloy integy stering set up with horn bearings.. Probably the most important upgrade in my truck.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Muggy250r

lol im not worried about it.... the servo/motor/reciever are more or less the only stock ele parts on my truck....
Old 12-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Mattdg67

You got snow too, sweet. I live in RI, and I already for a 6" outside, they news said we are going to get something like 1' or something, it's crazy. I got out of school early with my brother, and his car had so much trouble driving. It took us a half hour to drive home from school, the another half hour to just get the cars parked in the driveway. I saw a bunch of car crashes too. I don't know if this weather would even let me drive my RC's around for a minute.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Muggy250r

lol well it was snowing this morning, but now its just raining more or less [:@]
Old 12-13-2007, 04:26 PM
HpiDrifter420

i want some snow all i got is a rain ice mix.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Muggy250r

yeah it was snowing then ice/rain and now its snowing again.... Jersey lol at least the street lights still work so i can still go out and mess around..... and hopfully school is closed for tomorrow
Old 12-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Mattdg67

Well it started snowing at 12:00 and it's still snowing, it's about 7:30 right now. The news said it will last untill midnight. Looks like I may have a lot of trouble driving RC's this week.

Matt
Old 12-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Big Green Machine

ORIGINAL: Muggy250r

lol im not worried about it.... the servo/motor/reciever are more or less the only stock ele parts on my truck....

The servo/motor/reciever are the only stock electric parts left ob your truck? What, after you changed the ESC?
Old 12-13-2007, 07:56 PM
ana/RC/hy

You won't be so excited for the snow after 18 inches. That how much snow we have. My Maxx wouldn't even go in it. I traded the E-Maxx for a RC18 so I could come inside and play, I can't imagine a mini being to much fun at all in the snow.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:16 PM
Muggy250r

ORIGINAL: Big Green Machine

ORIGINAL: Muggy250r

The servo/motor/reciever are the only stock electric parts left ob your truck? What, after you changed the ESC?
yeah i noticed that once i typed it [&:]

You won't be so excited for the snow after 18 inches. That how much snow we have. My Maxx wouldn't even go in it. I traded the E-Maxx for a RC18 so I could come inside and play, I can't imagine a mini being to much fun at all in the snow.

and yes it is a little slow cause i have the stock motor in it but it still is a blast cause it doesnt wiegh enough to break through the little bit of ice ontop so it is like driving on all ice... its so much fun!!!!