Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL RC18MT/B/T THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 07:43 PM
chrisroberts916

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL RC18MT/B/T THREAD

Skid plate? Do you use one? Is this a good deal? If you have one do you like it?
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

Old 10-18-2013, 10:10 PM
trx1
My Feedback: (2)

well, got my 18mt running again.
have a small prob tho.
seems the front end wants to sag.
what can b done about this?
Old 10-19-2013, 07:32 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

how about stronger springs. Also check for a droop adjustment screw
Old 11-01-2013, 09:39 PM
trx1

what springs will work on this truck??
Old 11-02-2013, 06:28 AM
Wheelnut

Just measure the ones you have and go that route
Old 11-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Jackedman

hows everyones truck running???
Old 11-02-2013, 07:14 PM
trx1

Mine is running great after replacing the esc.
makes a great indoor basher.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:16 PM
rcdriv3r

I just installed a 11t pinion gear and a LiPo battery (finally) and it was like a whole new car Quick question for you all. I know that the diff gears are plastic on these little guys, but would adding diff oil benefit or hurt performance...? Only reason I ask was that I noticed that it seemed like the front wheels were breaking traction much more easy than the rear tires....thus not producing the pick up off the line I am desiring. Any input much appreciated....will be performing more tests tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:27 AM
Jackedman

im still getting the cogging issue
Old 11-22-2013, 07:39 AM
turok007

get the metal diffs. even with a 3s lipo it pulls away like a demon. lol but adding oil to plastic diffs just made everything slip a lot more when i used them.

Originally Posted by rcdriv3r
I just installed a 11t pinion gear and a LiPo battery (finally) and it was like a whole new car Quick question for you all. I know that the diff gears are plastic on these little guys, but would adding diff oil benefit or hurt performance...? Only reason I ask was that I noticed that it seemed like the front wheels were breaking traction much more easy than the rear tires....thus not producing the pick up off the line I am desiring. Any input much appreciated....will be performing more tests tomorrow.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:41 AM
turok007

what 3s lipo can i get away with. as im using a thunderpower one at the moment 2200mah but it's about 5mm to long. i really want something over 2000mah
Old 04-30-2014, 05:33 AM
savage702

Ok, I posted this in another thread yesterday, but having found this one, it's probably the more appropriate:

I've just found my old Associated RC18MT in a shoebox, and looking to get it running how I remembered when I bought it from the store. I believe it's been sitting there for about 8 years or so, and now I have kids I'd like to get some enjoyment out of it. It's all stock, I didn't have spare money to do any mods back then and I'm not overly brilliant and putting stuff back together unless it's a computer or laptop. LOL

So I tried to charge the batteries, and they run for a minute, then the car stops and just stutters/jumps. The batteries could have been shot 8 years ago, and if not, over that time I'm sure they're pretty much toast. So a new one is on order.
Front end steering has quite a bit of slop in it, and I've got the trim turned almost all the way over to keep it straight.

I'm seeing so many parts and so much amazing stuff you can do, I'm wondering where I should start without going nuts. I've seen that replacing all the steering parts with aluminum and using bearings... do these parts come with guides, or is there a decent video I'm not finding that shows assembly? I'm finding plenty of people showing off their tricked out trucks and such, but not much else.

Any guidance/suggestions?
Old 04-30-2014, 06:19 AM
Wheelnut

The first thing I would do is to get a lipo battery and a lipo charger. That will be an instant boost in power and will get you going. As for hopup parts, I'm afraid you may have missed the train. I did a little searching and it doesn't appear that there is much stuff around. First I went straight to thetoyz.com and they had nothing listed for the RC18MT. I found these tie rod sets at Asiatees where I have bought parts before. They will help get rid of some of that slop. Also look into RPM RC parts to see if you can get some better/tighter ball cups. Also look into a better servo saver. The stock one usually has some slop in it as well. Two great places to get cheap lipos and lipo chargers are hobbypartz.com and hobbyking.com
Old 04-30-2014, 06:27 AM
Wheelnut

I was checking out Ebay and they do have some stuff on there. Wouldn't be a bad idea to get a used one that's in good condition as a spare parts truck or even one for the kids to run if their old enough.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-18T-Team-...item2ed15a4da3
Yes bearings will make it faster and smoother.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/15pcs-TEAM-A...item3a8f916719
here is a stock servo saver, they get broke easy when you hit something hard with one of the front wheels.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/15pcs-TEAM-A...item3a8f916719
CVDs are a good upgrade and you won't have problems with the stock dog bones popping out.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steel-Swing-...item2c5edf680b
Old 04-30-2014, 07:12 AM
Wheelnut

So... did that help?
Old 04-30-2014, 07:19 AM
savage702

Thanks Wheelnut... I might have brought on another issue while testing it out at the office today.
I lost steering, and found (excuse my terminology) the steering connection pulled out of the servo. I found the screw and plastic piece that is supposed to hold it in, put it all back together, but it didn't seem to really tighten, and when I got it as good as it'd go, a quick drive threw it apart again.

It sounds like I stripped where it screws into the servo, does that sound about right? In which case, I may need to replace that as well.

Would this servo work, and if so, am I wasting my time getting this vs something more quality/metal?
http://www.amazon.com/Hitec-31055S-H...dp/B0006O3WNW/

Maybe better, if it's the right kind?
http://www.amazon.com/Hitec-32065S-H...dp/B000G6F0A8/
Old 05-01-2014, 08:29 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could put a drop or 2 of superglue down the hole the screw goes in, and put the screw in it. When the glue dries it will hold(its a hobby secret to fix stripped screw holes in plastic)
I've done it on servos, chassis's, and pretty much anything made of plastic cause after a few times taking it apart, and back together again they will strip
Old 08-31-2014, 07:58 PM
Darion

Hi all! I have been reading about the RC18 platform and have a question, is there any reason to buy the RTR or Kit over the other? I realize the RTR is assembled and has a radio and motor and that the Kit is not assembled and comes with nothing other than the chassis. My question is more about the parts that the KIT ships with compared to the RTR. Is one advantaged over the other. For example I notice that the KIT has metal shocks, RTR composite. Every RC I have had I have built so the kit is no issue for me especially if it is better fitted out of the box.

Thanks for the information,

Patrick
Old 12-20-2014, 10:04 AM
1mtx1

I just got a used 1/18th mt and its stock other then the esc now having a dean end and the tires are more for onroad then off. I would like to know if there is any up grades that is must right off the bat? I would like to keep it under 20.00 so maybe the top 1 or 2 things that is must and to be honest i have another thread i made asking about the stock pinon and stock spur cause i have no idea what the stock set up is. I all so see the truck bottoms out like crazy i was thinking the gold springs all the way around and maybe raise it up with some spacers? I seen they sell a shock kit that has spacers etc for like 4.00 or so. I know the better shocks will be a good idea but i think the full set is around 25ish or so for new . I am working with a fixed budget and i am sure some of you know how that goes when it comes to this hobby lol.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:42 AM
RCaddict80

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an rc18t factory team kit that i turned into an rc18mt. I ordered the mt wheels and tires and the flag body and the little flag pole.i also have a castle mamba micro pro esc and the castle 0808 5300kv motor running 2s only and let me tell you this little thing is super super impressive!! It rides wheelies from half throttle and i clocked it at 40mph. It used to handle like crap with the smaller stock tires it came with when i put the mt wheels and tires on it i gain quite a bit of top end speed (didnt take away any torque at all!) and rides alot smoother and is alot more controlable. I love this little truck more all of my micros and minis. I have 2 rc18t rtr version and factory team, losi mini t pro, dromida bx4.18,losi mini eight, and losi micro t. All of which are brushless except the rc18t rtr is all factory. I keep hearing about folks stripping diff gears i havnt stripped one yet.however i only have maybe an hour total run time on this truck. And as far as i can see all the metal diff gears are discountinued for the rc18
Old 11-03-2016, 05:23 PM
PaulDeth

Traxxas body on the rc18. 12mm wheels. Gool brushless motor. Fast but steering sux.