Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL CEN MG16 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 11:09 PM
muck76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL CEN MG16 THREAD

sorry i did not get the pics on as fast as i wanted. Life happens.
Here are 2 pics. I used the Trinity Next wing and mount and made my own mounting plate from alum scrap i had. You can get alum plate in strips at your local hardware store. I believe i saw some at home depot.

Now i did this for cosmetic use only. I do not know how much hard bashing it will take.
You can all ways try to get a bolt on plastic wing like the stock Jato uses. That would be my next attempt.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Db77

Muck, I see this beauty is on ebay right now for the low reserve of $140, someone is going to get a great deal for all of the time and mods you put into that thing. I just hope this isn't an indicator of whats to come with me and my mg16, cuz im just startin to like it .
Old 01-23-2008, 02:36 PM
muck76

ORIGINAL: Db77

Muck, I see this beauty is on ebay right now for the low reserve of $140, someone is going to get a great deal for all of the time and mods you put into that thing. I just hope this isn't an indicator of whats to come with me and my mg16, cuz im just startin to like it .
Trust me DB i do not want to sell it. I am in college full time now and on a very slim budget with a family at home. So due to me starting a project i ran out of funds for i decided to sell the MG to finish it. Honestly i hope it does not sell as i wanted to try to put a OS .15 CVR with a CRT .5 pipe on it, New Era 1/8 scale wheel adapters, and a nice set up shoes......

If it does not sell i am going to part out the project and do this one instead... If it does i will get another later just to try those items LOL

thanks for the kind words BTW.....
Old 01-26-2008, 11:59 PM
muck76

wanted to let you all know that the new Mg16TC has longer body post from what i can see in this pic. I tried a Trinity Next body and the posts were too short to match up. Had i had longer post i think it would have fit. If you try this just make sure you get the unpainted uncut body.

Post pic:
Old 01-27-2008, 11:44 PM
muck76

ORIGINAL: Db77

DB it did not sell so it is staying YEAH!!!! I have a local who was interested but he has not contacted me. So i am going to start doing some figuring and measuring for my other ideas!
Old 01-28-2008, 02:10 AM
calvino

muck, sweet idea with the dual exhaust, help with performancce.....
Old 02-04-2008, 06:02 PM
eddyeddy

The temps on the muffler are much higher than on the spark plug. Is it ok?

I'm using a duratrax temp gauge. While the temp on the plug reads 200F I get around 250F on the muffler. This plus the fact it leaks a lot.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:45 PM
muck76

at the glow plug is where you want to take the temp at. Your pipe may be hotter, i never tested mine there. I can later once it quits raining and snowing.....

Mine averages 220 and i use the duratrax gun also.

RTV your exhaust cap, it will stop the leaks. I must have been one of the few, mine never leaked. When i did the dual outlet mod, i silicone then.

240 is max.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:37 PM
muck76

So i am thinking of converting my Mg to a ME and going brushless. I see only 10 items that have to be done to do it. They share the same diff assemblies including arms and bulkhead components... I have a list if any one is interested....
Old 02-09-2008, 08:00 PM
twomanytoys

I bought a MG16 on ebay last week new for 120. A steal!. I just got it yesterday and broke it in today and all I can say is HOLY CRAP this thing is fast. Cant keep the front end down even while moving just hit the throttle and it comes up. First off I changed teh shock oil because it was way too stiff from the factory. I went over everything on the truck. I installed a roto start also. Makes starting hastle free. The only thing is the steering servo is slow and none of the wheels are equipped with bearings. Everything has bushings so I will be converting everything to bearings. Other than that its a friggin rocket. A wheelie bar is manditory.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:08 PM
CrazyMento

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

I bought a MG16 on ebay last week new for 120. A steal!. I just got it yesterday and broke it in today and all I can say is HOLY CRAP this thing is fast. Cant keep the front end down even while moving just hit the throttle and it comes up. First off I changed teh shock oil because it was way too stiff from the factory. I went over everything on the truck. I installed a roto start also. Makes starting hastle free. The only thing is the steering servo is slow and none of the wheels are equipped with bearings. Everything has bushings so I will be converting everything to bearings. Other than that its a friggin rocket. A wheelie bar is manditory.

Where did you find the roto start for it?
Old 02-09-2008, 09:08 PM
muck76

the servo is actually pretty good, i found that the ball cups where all the steering linkages connect were tight from being new. Now that it is loosened up some it is better.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:39 PM
twomanytoys

Its an Axial .28 backplate part number AX20002 and Duratrax DTX6050 spurgear.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98271.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	874354  
Old 02-10-2008, 12:24 AM
muck76

ok, those wheels and tires look great on there, how about a clearer shot?
Old 02-10-2008, 12:42 AM
twomanytoys

Here is a better pic. These are just tires and wheels that I had lying around for a long time. They are offset wheels so it gives the truck almost 1" wider stance.

Name:	Ig12521.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	874631  
Old 02-11-2008, 12:51 AM
nitro _ burner

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

Here is a better pic. These are just tires and wheels that I had lying around for a long time. They are offset wheels so it gives the truck almost 1" wider stance.
You should'nt leave fuel in the tank unless your using it.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:25 AM
mindtrix

ORIGINAL: nitro _ burner

You should'nt leave fuel in the tank unless your using it.

Who says he didn't go outside and run it?
Old 02-11-2008, 11:15 AM
twomanytoys

I dont leave fuel in the tank. It was just a pic before i was going to run it with the new tires and wheels. Man this truck is quick!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:41 AM
nitro _ burner

mindtrix, i said unless you where using it....

I dont leave fuel in the tank. It was just a pic before i was going to run it with the new tires and wheels. Man this truck is quick!
If you where give the opportinity, would you also get the ME16?
Does anyone else have more info on the ME16? im looking at getting it!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:59 AM
twomanytoys

If its anything like the MG then yes. It also uses full size parts, motors, batteries etc...
Old 02-12-2008, 08:08 AM
Mr Terminator

Hi guys,i've had my second MG16 for a little while now and after doing the mods that Muck76 did to he's,except the exhaust,it is a little cracker.I really love these little trucks and is the one I use most at the minute.My wife and I are quite regularly battling it out as the one I bought initially she has and also loves it but now she wants hers modding like mine so I have to do it again.Great.... I've also fitted a Hobao Hyper 7 pullstart handle and fittings to the standard pullstarter as it does'nt cause me blisters,here's a few pics of the little ripper with the mods and a few of the 5 cell 1100mah AAA pack that I made,the pack cost me 6 UK pound to make,using this method to make the pack was the easier one ,all that was needed was to cut out the original AA guide rails out of the tray and the tray then fits back in as standard and sits flush as it should,I also fitted a charge lead also.The next things I want are some wheels and tyres like some of you guys have,maybe off a Thunder Tiger SSK...

Name:	Bz78888.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	876596   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36376.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	876597   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75689.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	876598   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91171.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	876599   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32289.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	876600   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tz66856.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	876601  
Old 02-12-2008, 11:29 AM
muck76

ORIGINAL: nitro _ burner

mindtrix, i said unless you where using it....

If you where give the opportinity, would you also get the ME16?
Does anyone else have more info on the ME16? im looking at getting it!
I am interested in them also. I am actually thinking of converting my MG to a ME. There are quit a few parts that are reused between the 2. I calculated about $70 USD for parts to convert and then what ever BL system i choose. Right now it will either be the MAmba Sidewinder or MAmbaMAx. For an ebay side winder system of around 120 plus the 70 i could havea BL ME for the cost of a new stock ME....

i think i would miss the nitro of these so i imagine i would pick up another MG16 later.... maybe MG10 this time....
Old 02-12-2008, 11:31 AM
muck76

ORIGINAL: Mr Terminator

Hi guys,i've had my second MG16 for a little while now and after doing the mods that Muck76 did to he's,except the exhaust,it is a little cracker.I really love these little trucks and is the one I use most at the minute.My wife and I are quite regularly battling it out as the one I bought initially she has and also loves it but now she wants hers modding like mine so I have to do it again.Great.... I've also fitted a Hobao Hyper 7 pullstart handle and fittings to the standard pullstarter as it does'nt cause me blisters,here's a few pics of the little ripper with the mods and a few of the 5 cell 1100mah AAA pack that I made,the pack cost me 6 UK pound to make,using this method to make the pack was the easier one ,all that was needed was to cut out the original AA guide rails out of the tray and the tray then fits back in as standard and sits flush as it should,I also fitted a charge lead also.The next things I want are some wheels and tyres like some of you guys have,maybe off a Thunder Tiger SSK...
Mr T how many runs do you get out of the rechargeable AAAs? I get a real long time out of the 2/3A cell pack i made but your AAA set up would be nicer as the bottom plate would fit better.

Also for rims, TRaxxas nitro rear 2.2 1/10 scale and hpi nitro rear rims fit. The HPI have a wider off set, traxxas are the same as stock. I have not tried the 2.8 rims yet... key word yet...
Old 02-12-2008, 07:10 PM
muck76

I also wanted to let you all know CEN offers this engine with a slide carb [link=http://www.cenracingdirect.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1309]nx18[/link] as a hop up. It shows it with a rotory carb on it. i called and asked CEN if they offer a slide carb version. CS told me to just put in the comments section to build this one with a slide carb. Personally i would call to make sure it goes threw ok. I was also told there was no extra charge for the carb or swapping it.

So BL or .18... too many choices!
Old 02-13-2008, 12:38 AM
Mr Terminator

Mr T how many runs do you get out of the rechargeable AAAs? I get a real long time out of the 2/3A cell pack i made but your AAA set up would be nicer as the bottom plate would fit better.
Tell you the truth Muck,I don't know but I got at least 3 days before I trickle charged it again overnight.It seems quite good,i'll have to give it a proper test as I just recharged after 3 afternoons out,it was around 8-10 tanks I think but i'll run it till the failsafe kicks in and let you know.The problem I had was the pullstart as you saw but it was even worse than I initially told you.The spring in the unit snapped at the end that clips in at the center of the bobbin.I reshaped the end and re-wound the spring on the bobbin (nightmare) and held it together with 2 zip ties then put it back in the outer case and re-inserted the other end of the spring into the slot in the outer case.Put the unit back on complete with new handle from a knackered Hyper .28 pullstart I had laying about and its all good now.Took her out yesterday and did 4 tanks on the front near my house,I love it.....

Also for rims, TRaxxas nitro rear 2.2 1/10 scale and hpi nitro rear rims fit. The HPI have a wider off set, traxxas are the same as stock. I have not tried the 2.8 rims yet... key word yet...
I was thinking about the Jato wheels and tyres too,they would be great I think and better for on road aswell as a little offroad.

So BL or .18... too many choices!
You've gotta go with the NX .18 engine,you can always get an ME16 at a later date then convert that to brushless....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.