Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

Associated RC18 B and T top plate: Are they different?

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Associated RC18 B and T top plate: Are they different?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 11:54 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Associated RC18 B and T top plate: Are they different?

I'm converting one of my RC18Ts into a B. Do I need a different top plate for the B? The manual says they are the same, but on the plate I have there is no front body mount. What top plate do I need?

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Beomagi

Default RE: Associated RC18 B and T top plate: Are they different?

pretty much the same. I'm using the rc18b plate on my rc18t currently. A little different, but same fit.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:42 PM
ptgarcia

Thanks for the post. This morning I ordered a new plate. What differentiates the B from the T/MT plate is the body mount at the front end on the B plate. And since I'm going to be running a B body I need that mount.

By the way, interesting battery setup!
Old 01-30-2008, 02:31 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: ptgarcia

Thanks for the post. This morning I ordered a new plate. What differentiates the B from the T/MT plate is the body mount at the front end on the B plate. And since I'm going to be running a B body I need that mount.

the body mounts for the B shell are on different shock towers, not on the top plate[8D]. Thout I would let you know
Old 01-30-2008, 11:26 AM
ptgarcia

ORIGINAL: calvino

the body mounts for the B shell are on different shock towers, not on the top plate[8D]. Thout I would let you know

That's what I thought but its not correct. Only the rear tower has a mount. The front mount is on the top plate. I discovered this when I did the tower swap. I have the proper plate on order so all will be well soon.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:57 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: calvino

That's what I thought but its not correct. Only the rear tower has a mount. The front mount is on the top plate. I discovered this when I did the tower swap. I have the proper plate on order so all will be well soon.
that is wierd, ok, yeah, but then again, they do sell a strictly buggy top plate[sm=50_50.gif] little confusin hunh[]