Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Kyosho Dnano 1/43

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 11:53 PM
Mr. Mugen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho Dnano 1/43

http://cgi.ebay.com/32501R-Kyosho-dN...QQcmdZViewItem

Sold for that much with no starter pack....wow. Are they all released yet? I haven't followed up on them lately.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Mini_Me

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie
However, I don't know if any of the other transmitter companies will follow though it would be nice.
There are a few of us in the Nomadio forums trying to get some interest in them releasing a firmware update for the React to allow compatibility. Not being limited to KO or that radio would be great.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:06 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mini_Me
There are a few of us in the Nomadio forums trying to get some interest in them releasing a firmware update for the React to allow compatibility. Not being limited to KO or that radio would be great.
One of the reasons I never sold my Futaba T3PK after purchasing one of the first Nomadio Sensors was very simple: Futaba offered an AM Module, which could be used with the Kyosho Mini-Zs and/or any other AM R/C. However, Ko Propo had a better set up targeted for certain model Kyosho Mini-Zs. If anything, it still wouldn't surprise me if Ko Propo came out with a better set-up even if Nomadio provided updates for either the Sensor or the React.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Mini_Me

Actually, they already have a update.. and its simply a 2.4ghz version of the Mars. KO America has some of the most uninformed help I have experienced. Great products, but the customer service.. its like walking into a hobby shop and asking them a question where the teen guy behind the counter shrugs with the same stare you get from someone at the register at McDonald's.

Yea, I know Nomadio isn't any shining lite. But at least I know its someone who actually knows something about their product when it eventually reaches them. Futaba has been the best I have seen.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mini_Me
Actually, they already have a update.. and its simply a 2.4ghz version of the Mars. KO America has some of the most uninformed help I have experienced. Great products, but the customer service.. its like walking into a hobby shop and asking them a question where the teen guy behind the counter shrugs with the same stare you get from someone at the register at McDonald's.

Yea, I know Nomadio isn't any shining lite. But at least I know its someone who actually knows something about their product when it eventually reaches them. Futaba has been the best I have seen.
For some reason, I don't think we are on the same wavelength or frequency. To me, updates are different from SET UPs. In my opinion, Ko Propo HAS a better set-up for certain model Kyosho Mini-Zs. For example, the Ko Propo EX-10 Helios can operate in Super HSR mode while operating MR-02s and Mini-Monsters using an AM RF-Module. Ko Propo also has an AD Band Module. However, Nomadio offers nothing for the current owners of current Kyosho Mini-Zs (If I am mistaken, feel free to update me since I haven't visited the Nomadio forum in some time). Meanwhile, Ko Propo has a proven track record of specifically targeting Kyosho Mini-Z customers which is shown by its "Mini-Z" modules. And even if Nomadio releases some sort of 2.4GHz firmware/hardware update targeted at the Kyosho Mini-Zs Dnano, Nomadio will still be limited since their transmitter still cannot operate AM or AD bands. Of course, that doesn't mean that someone who already owns a Nomadio and/or is sponsored by Nomadio may not later purchase their first Kyosho Mini-Z which happens to be a Kyosho Dnano or one of the larger and newer 2.4GHz Kyosho Mini-Zs.

Regarding service, I'd rather have a product that works well and doesn't need service, i.e. if I don't need to contact customer service, I really don't have to worry about it. Myself, I got tired of updating my Nomadio and all the transceivers I owned. I also owned one of the first gen receivers that took a dump causing a runaway. Yes, they fixed it and yes, it broke again. And eventually, they were all replaced. I also realize that Spektrum had its own issues and that is one reason I held off on purchasing a Spektrum module. I owned a Nomadio prior to purchasing the Spektrum module and several transceivers.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:19 AM
Mini_Me

Yea, I am speaking specifically of the 2.4ghz Dnanos and Mini-Zs. Which since Nomadio has shown already can possibly adapt to as it has shown via its inclusion in the newer firmware of DSM for Spektrum use. If the KO is using a FHSS system, which if the rest of hobby is showing, is what most others are choosing, it should be even easier for them to adopt (and without the headache Horizon has put them through legal wise). Again, I'm not saying Nomadio is a shining beacon, but they are there is something does go wrong without charging you an arm and a leg.

Nomadio and KO were the final choices I had when I choose a new radio recently. I went with the Nomadio since I can update the firmware, use it as a joystick (which I do often for practice), its made in the US, and it has a responsive community. After watching my friends have headaches with KO support, and not being even able to get specs from them on servos, I just am not impressed.

KO is actually one of the brain childs behind the mini-z and is in fact responsible for much of the electronics in it. So its not a matter of KO adapting what they have to work. The Mini-Zs electronics created to work with KO in mind.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Dokioto

Any thing new??
http://www.dnanoshop.com/
Old 07-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Dokioto

$396!!
Might not ne worth it..
Old 07-11-2008, 02:52 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man. i would rather get something that can go over a cookie crumb without loosing controll.

4 bills is psychotic, i mean its just a re vamped zip zap, seriosly mental.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Dokioto

There might still be hope: http://www.atomicmods.com/Categories...sho-Dnano.aspx
No ETA for US market.. Awww I want one.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:46 PM
skater_719
My Feedback: (4)

240$ without radio? [link]http://www.dnanoshop.com/Kyosho_dNaNo_Cars_s/1.htm[/link]
Old 04-11-2010, 04:18 AM
MrNanoTrax

ORIGINAL: skater_719

240$ without radio? [link]http://www.dnanoshop.com/Kyosho_dNaNo_Cars_s/1.htm[/link]
[link=https://shop.nanotrax.net/products-page/scratch-and-dent/]100USD no TX[/link] ... time to make it happen!
Old 11-25-2010, 09:00 PM
MrNanoTrax

latest info on dNano.... Kyosho has released the [link=https://shop.nanotrax.net/products-page/dnano-chassis-sets/32410xn-b-xanavi-nismo-gt-r-2008/]Xanavi Nismo GT-R 2008[/link] and [link=https://shop.nanotrax.net/products-page/dnano-option-parts/kyosho/titanium-ball-diff-shaft/]Titanium Ball Diff Shaft[/link], while X-Power has dropped their [link=https://shop.nanotrax.net/products-page/dnano-auto-scale/r8-type-shell-for-dnano/]R8 Type Shell[/link] which fits the Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Chassis - pics attached, enjoy!