Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Which is a better deal?

Old 03-23-2008, 08:04 AM
sunco1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which is a better deal?

i was lookin into getting a mini, and the mini t sparked my interest because its 100 bucks.

i was lookin on amain and they have a kyosho half-8 truggy for 90 bucks.

[link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_44_109/products_id/4998]half 8[/link]

what are the flaws on this truck? is the mini t worth 10 bucks more?

and what are some rechargable packs for the half 8?
Old 03-23-2008, 08:10 AM
Deftones123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Which is a better deal?

I know nothing about the half8 but the mini t has so many aftermarket parts in unbelievable
Old 03-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Mr. Mugen

They both have tons of aftermarket support. The KMI is tougher than nails and will not break easily. They make all kinds of packs for it. My favorite in the stock config. is the 4x4 8 cell pack of 1400IB cells. I have not tried any of the newer cells. The KMI can be modded with no cost to fit a stick pack like a RC18T pack or others like 2100mah lipo packs. The mini-t is a great truck too. They are not comparable since one is 1/16 4x4 and the other is 2x4 1/18. Two totally different machines.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:13 AM
sunco1

thanks mr mugen. the 6 AA batteries would be the first to go on the half 8.

and is KNI another name for it? lol idk wat that is
Old 03-23-2008, 09:25 AM
Haulin Azz

he meant kmi (kyosho mini inferno) just a small typo
Old 03-23-2008, 03:36 PM
brainleak
My Feedback: (1)

Well, The KMI stock needs a bunch of stuff replaced. Electronics, shocks, the slipper clutch needed addressed, and so did the center diff. But all and all I realy like my KMI. I bought the Mini T stock rtr and it needed a lot of love when it came out too but now you can buy a couple of different versions that have a lot of aftermarket parts stock, that make it a bit more affordable. Its really depends on what you want to do with the vehicle. They are both tough as nails. I've beaten both of them pretty bad. My KMI has a quark 33 and a wraith BL. The Mini T is still brushed. One of the few left brushed. Both have had broken parts but really thats just my driving style. User error over the manufacturing or engineering dept.

The Mini T is good in dirt, and pavement, Short grass is ok. The KMI doesnt have much more ground clearance over the Mini T but it has 4wd. And its a bit bigger than the T.
I dont have a perference, They are both different beasts and a lot of fun, They will require some attention at first so be prepared.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:21 PM
thetable

The other thing to keep in mind is availability of parts. Most LHS's don't seem to have any Kyosho parts in stock, since the changed the way they were distributed, so you are stuck ordering everything. If you are OK possibly being out of order for a couple days while you are waiting for parts to come in, then I say go for the KMI, otherwise, I would lean towards the Losi. Every LHS by me carries a good selection of Losi parts.