Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Trinity Now or Duratrax Vendetta ST

Old 05-26-2008, 04:45 PM
kybowtie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trinity Now or Duratrax Vendetta ST

I have run a Mini-T for almost 2 years now, and would like to purchase a Trinity Now or a Duratrax Vendetta ST. I want to go brushless but don't need to go 40+ MPH. I have my own groomed track and I care about handling, acceleration and durability. I know there is a lengthy thread to read up on the NOW, and the price seems right for what ya get, but I'm not gonna jump on that before hearing suggestions from here. So if anyone has some insight, it would br greatly appreciated. [8D]
Old 05-26-2008, 06:21 PM
supamagician

Default RE: Trinity Now or Duratrax Vendetta ST

in one of my rc mags, they did a review on the Now and said it goes around 30
Old 05-26-2008, 09:57 PM
KRO

Well , I have a NOW and though its a good truck it does have some issues . IF they made diffs for it that would hold up I wouldnt hesitate too recommend it , but mine has been a pain in the butt and parts are hard to find at best .

The Vendetta has some problems too , if you plan on going brushless you must upgrade the drivetrain , but its alot easier too get parts for the Vendetta ST and there are options to make it reliable with brushless power .

I am going to see if I can get Kyosho Mini Inferno 09 ST diffs to fit in my NOW and see if that solves my diff problems .....
Old 05-27-2008, 05:15 AM
fm2h3

you should get a rc18
Old 05-27-2008, 09:47 AM
oldschoolracer
Banned

as you likely already know getting replacement or hop-up parts is the biggest issue with any rc car.
so it's from that point of view I would be leery of any car that Trinity makes, as their parts network and availability is lacking and they're not known for having cars on the market for any period of time.
I too have Mini-T's, luv 'em though they do have issues of their own that can only be fixed with upgrades, and having gotten a Vendetta ST last year I would highly recommend it even over the Mini-T. The ST is pretty much bulletproof and Duratrax themselves sell every imaginable upgrade. And the new Novak Mongoose brushless system is supposed to be designed just for the ST.
http://www.duratrax.com/cars/dtxd14-...ion_parts.html

hope this helps[8D]
Old 05-27-2008, 03:46 PM
kybowtie

Excellent info...my Mini-T has been so reliable, and the only necessary upgrade IMO was rear alum hubs for racing. Though I've done quite a bit more, the chassis and supension are stock. We used to average 40 racers a week at the place we used to race. Unfortunately they closed down. It was an indoor track that stayed nice and moist.

I now have my own track which is outside, and I believe a 4WD would be more fun on it. The Mini-T's are fun, don't get me wrong, but they require me to do more track maintenance to run them.

I been holding out on getting a 4WD to see if something more reliable was going to hit the market. I do like the Vendetta, but the NOW did catch my eye. Hopefully the issues will be resolved with the NOW in the near future, it's a cool looking scaler. Thanks again!
Old 05-27-2008, 04:31 PM
jaejw1

I cant say anything about the NOW,,, but I do own the vendetta ST and I love it,,,,, there are plenty of videos on youtube ,, check them out
Old 05-28-2008, 08:37 AM
thetable

Anything but the trinkity now. The now was the worst experience I have ever had in the RC hobby!
Old 05-28-2008, 09:22 AM
ludeman

ORIGINAL: thetable

Anything but the trinkity now. The now was the worst experience I have ever had in the RC hobby!
Ditto!
Old 05-28-2008, 09:39 AM
bennytheblade

there arent many positives for the now... but I will throw out a few-
1 Price for brushless
2 When it breaks, you still have a mamba 25 and a brushless motor to transfer to another car
3 The lipo battery and charger in it are ok but again, for the price, still seems like a decent deal.

The negatives for this car are many and have been beaten to death. Mine still runs fine but it has been a streat beater and not jumped or offroaded at all.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:00 AM
oldschoolracer
Banned

interesting outlook, but one that's often flawed
1 i'm troubled by any truck that offers way more than its worth
2 shame to spend money of brushless motor that fits few other vehicles
3 a kit/wall charger are cheap, and a lipo that doesn't fit anything else is of little value
Old 05-28-2008, 07:13 PM
bennytheblade

Motor is small, so you can make it fit into a lot of other cars, an 18t will fit for sure, or you can pick up a 4200 for 20 bucks from castle anytime.
The lipos will fit in an 18t w/ very little chasis modification (change the plugs as well of course)

Im not saying (knowing what I know now) that I would pick the now over the vendetta, because I wouldnt, Im just saying there are a few bright spots, just not enough for most to spend the money.
If there was part support, it would be a different story.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:03 PM
revo_sbs
My Feedback: (23)

If i was in you shoes i would get a vendetta roller off of ebay. Throw a mamba 25, ammo 28-35-3900, cvds, and ball diffs. I have this set up and have absolutely no problems. I can't say much about the trinity now. All I know about it is that lots of people stripp spur gears since they mess with the slipper too much. Vendetta all the way.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:29 PM
Metallover

Get the Vendetta st. You will need CVDs for sure. I'd plan on getting ball diffs once the stock ones go out. The stock diffs should hold up if properly shimmed and you don't have the freak of a brushless system.

The detta st has steel diff gears coming out, completing the indestructable drivetrain.

The freak of a brushless system would be a Neu, Ammo, Medusa, or Permax. For racing, get an ammo for the price it can't be beat. Try to stay away from those Mamba and similar sized motors. Look at the link I'm putting in my sig right now.