Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini Buyers Guide

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Acf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini Buyers Guide

Thanks for the info but my Lhs dosent cary that companys parts and so if i break it i have to order parts online and then i cant play with for about a week but they do carry x-ray and losi so i really wanted to go with one of those brands.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:18 PM
jaejw1

what will u do when ur LHS doesnt have that important part you need?

u will have to order the parts

rule of thumb with RC,,, always buyenoughparts to completely rebuild ur car
Old 07-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Metallover

Man, you're lucky your lhs carries xray...

If I were you I would ask your lhs if they can order them and get them in within 3-days. If they can't do that, I would go for the xray. The losi has the worst drivetrain ever put in a rtr mini IMO. Xrays are one of the best quality RC companies out there.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Acf

Thanks I will probobly go with the xray electric MT rtr but I still cant tell if it has enough ground clearence to go in the grass where I will mostly be driving it. Does anyone have one or used one in the grass? Does it just spin its tires in the grass like the mini-t?About how fast does it go stock? Is the range on the stock reciever good? Sorry for all the questions I just want to know if it is worth the money or not and if meets the needs of were I will drive it most or not.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:38 PM
jaejw1

check youtube for videos.. im sure someone posted a video of it on grass...
Old 07-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Acf

thanks
Old 08-02-2008, 03:07 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't see the Mini-Z series listed. Those little 1/24's are awesome little cars.

Edit: I've also seen them modded to go 50 and 60mph....insanely high speed...
Old 08-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Metallover

ORIGINAL: 378

I don't see the Mini-Z series listed. Those little 1/24's are awesome little cars.

You got a vid?

I forgot about those. I'll put them in. Thanks for the addition.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:05 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Metallover

ORIGINAL: 378

You got a vid?

I forgot about those. I'll put them in. Thanks for the addition.

No, tho I might be coming into an MR01 myself. Go to minizracer.com and check it out, that's where I heard of the 50mph 1/28ths...and they're not even brushless either!
Old 08-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Metallover

I can't seem to edit my first post... I'll PM a mod..

I found out there is a limit to the number of times you can edit a post. Reiko is going to edit it in for me, so everyone thank Reiko.

THANKS REIKO!!! (you need to imagine a bunch of 7 year old kids screaming that to get the full picture)

Next time I need to add something in, I will put it on hold and once I get like 2-3 more things I'll try to get it edited in. Unless, of course, I have everything now... Yeah right..
Old 08-06-2008, 11:24 AM
rc18kid

what about the schamachure rascal?
Old 08-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Metallover

I'll put that in the waiting line. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:18 PM
-Inverted-

Didn't I used to have a thread sort of like this?

V.

P.S.

Somebody should update mine.... LOL
Old 08-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Metallover

haha you should. I looked at yours before I made this and most of the links are broken... Did you get to the point where you can't edit yours?
Old 08-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Metallover

I decided to add a troubleshooting section. I'll put what I can think of right off the top of my head then you guys can tell me what I missed.

Troubleshooting

If your car doesn't go, try looking here for answers. First you need to identify the problem.
Radio Problem
Some radios are a huge PITA to get to work. The most common problems related to the radio would be short range and no signal.
Fix - Make sure to check if the wires are all connected in the right way. Also make sure none of the wires are broken, frayed, or out of the connectors. Also make sure your throttle and steering trims are set right. Try changing the batteries in the transmitter too. It is very helpful to have a spare radio that you can use to test any radio problems you have.

Servo problems
The servo is what steers the car. It is a little box that connects to the steering linkage. Problems could be the car not going straight, the servo just not working, and a grinding sound inside the servo which leads to it not working.
Fix - If it doesn't go straight, try setting the throttle trim on the radio. If it just doesn't work, make sure the connection to the receiver is good. Also try taking it out and turning it. If it still doesn't work, it is probably a bad servo. If you hear a grinding sound in the servo, you stripped the gears. You will need to buy new servo gears. My recommendation is to go to your Local hobby shop and have them find you a gear set and have them fix it if you don't feel confident enough. If you keep stripping gears or frying servos, check for binding in the steering linkage. (something hitting or rubbing) You might just need to get a higher quality servo.

I need to go and help clean out the garage so we can fit another car in there. I am going to add esc, motor, and drivetrain when I get time. If you see anything missing as of yet, or want something put in there, feel free to tell me.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:04 PM
BrazosRC

Hi,

I am looking for a mini for the same thing and have narrowed mine to the same: LST2 or the XRAY M18MT.

Did you decide which to get? Are you happy with decision?

I saw on thread that the LST2 is very heavy and sits very high but prone to turn over, but for grass this would be better actually, and the owner was still very happy with it.

I saw on another website saying the xray had greatest movement with the suspension which would be better for bumps. Everyone seems to say xray has very high quality.
http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66292

I was not sure if the RTR had the pro body or a different one. I wouldn't mind paying more for the pro body but I don't have hobby shop nearby and am afraid I would not have all the parts...
Old 09-01-2008, 06:04 PM
Metallover

They are both good vehicles. I would personally get the Xray. If you plan on racing I would get the Xray. IMO it is a better car all around. The mlst2 may have diff problems if you go brushless, but they should be fine if you shim them good. The Xray is a high quality car. One of the best you can get.

I have a Vendetta ST and I really love it. It is very strong and great for racing. Not quite a monster truck, but it can handle some pretty rough stuff. All you need are cvds and you are set. I could go on and on...

Out of the two I would go with the Xray. Do a thread search on each if you want more info. If you are having trouble searching go to advanced search and at the bottom click sort by rank, not post date.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:49 AM
nitrovulcnse

WHAT ABOUT IRC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nitro.
-vulcan
-vulcan se

electric.
-photon
-brushless photon
Old 09-28-2008, 06:02 AM
jonnymobil

o.k. so what is an associated knock off??? also the rage has plastic gears and diffs?why so strong?? and is there a mini that uses a standard size servo?
Old 09-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Metallover

ORIGINAL: jonnymobil

o.k. so what is an associated knock off??? also the rage has plastic gears and diffs?why so strong?? and is there a mini that uses a standard size servo?
The plastic gears on the rage are so strong because the company uses a really though plastic on all their parts and I'm sure the diff gears are spaced correctly. I know for sure that the vendetta and vendetta st use standard size servos. I think the wind hobby ferrit does too...
Old 09-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Anomie

Just a note-

If you would like anything added to the original post, just let me know and I will toss it up there for you [8D]

~R
Old 11-10-2008, 06:38 AM
crushgear64

i am probably getting an rc18t with brushless soon and would like to get a 3s lipo. it needs to be reasonably priced with a long life and higher rather then lower mah were should i get it? also wat is a good lipo 2-3 cells charger and balancer for $50-60 american.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Metallover

The best lipos will probably be Flightpower first and then Apogee second. There could be a lot of argument, but the quality of cells really shows when you have a Neu motor and need a 1/10th esc. Bot those batteries are pretty well priced. For the charger it would depend on what you are using it for. If you just want to charge 2-3s lipos then you could get a nice one for 50-60 dollars. I don't know of any chargers in that category, so you'll have to ask someone else. Guver knows a lot about chargers. I know that if you want to charge about any battery really fast and can spend 125-250 then you could get a thunder power 610c/1010/c or something like that. Those are imo the best chargers on the market.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:15 PM
crushgear64

the brushless i am getting is a cheap one are there any lipos that are a direct fit to an rc18t that will be able to be run with a 25a continous current and 90 amp burst current esc
Old 11-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Metallover

You will have to measure to make sure it will fit. The Apogee 1300 and 1500mah cells and the Flightpower 1600mah cells are what I have and what should fit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.