Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

How Do Vendetta ST's perform?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 12:40 PM
nickteamlosi24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Do Vendetta ST's perform?

I was looking into to them for 1/18 mod class that im gonna start racing in soon and i wanted to ask some people that own them or know a lot about them.
I am hoping for opinions, tips about the car, and the ups and downs of the chassis/car.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Timdoggydizzle05

Default RE: How Do Vendetta ST's perform?

yeah im kinda wondering how they compare to an 18b..
maybe later in the winter.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:01 PM
buster7467
My Feedback: (2)

The Vendetta ST will more than likely be my next purchase. From all the talk and the videos on youtube it looks like a great racer. Even with the stock motor it looks like it runs better than any other stock buggy or truck.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Snipin_Willy

I love mine, despite the fact that the vendetta st weighs a lot. Covered gear box, full size servo for steering, pillow ball suspension in front, and after putting in some drive train parts it's VERY brushless friendly. With the DTX rims and D-bar tires they grip well and don't balloon up much at all because of their low profile. You don't have many choices when it comes to getting upgrades but they're all quality parts. Stock...it's OK with a better battery and esc.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Frozen72

Mine held up to 13+ foot jumps stock. The only thing you need for BL is CVD's and Ball Diffs.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:57 PM
ludeman

ORIGINAL: Frozen72

Mine held up to 13+ foot jumps stock. The only thing you need for BL is CVD's and Ball Diffs.
Ha Ha and spur gears and pinion gears, and input gears and ring gears ha ha ha. But while they run they I think they could beat any mini in a race!(with equal drivers of course)
Old 07-25-2008, 08:58 PM
revo_sbs
My Feedback: (23)

The vendetta is the best mini out there. I have had no problems with diffs or any chassis brakages. The only thing that you would want to upgrade would be CVD's to atomic and the gear diffs to Ball Diffs. From others and my own experiences the Ammo 20-35-3900 is the best BL motor out there for the vendetta. As far as pinions go the ammo has a 3.2 mm shaft so you have a great number of pinion choices. I have had a mini T, RC18, and a mini LST and the Duratrac Vendetta ST is the best out of all of them hands down.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:51 AM
spikeman

I just bought one in may of this year. With the stock battery it has slow acceleration, but I bought a 1400 pack and now that thing flies like mabey 25mph if not more. Great truck!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 03:30 PM
JatoGuy

Out of the box the Vendetta is virtually useless. The battery it comes with lasts about 4 minutes. The ESC is junk and needs to be "programmed" on every start up. It goes faster in reverse then foward which is kinda odd. Stock vs Stock against my 18 b the Vendetta has a higher top speed but getting there it is slow. It isnt nearly as nimble but seems to be more stable at speed, probably due to the increased weight. Some guys at my track run them and do pretty well for themselves. Just expect to upgrade a few things right off the bat just to get it driveable and consistent. My 18b with the 1100 battery it comes with outlasts my friends vendetta with a 1400 by about 15 mintues. As for durability is concerned it has a hard shell makes a solid clunk everytime you flip it and I have seen a lot of breakage in them. Mostly tie rods and knuckles and other outdrive components.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:56 PM
GravityJunkie

The ST is good, the best 18th'ish scale mini out there, IMHO. I can't comment on the battery/esc. Mine was gone the moment I got it. Who cares if the stock battery is junk, you'll be getting more/better anyways. You're not going to get quality electronics for a sub $200 car. That's just the facts. I drove it hard and rarely broke it. And I pounded the heck ouf of it with a Permax.

I sold it because it was just a little too small for the local track and I had a hard time getting the right track tires for it. I purchased a CRT .5 and never looked back.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:40 PM
jaejw1

the vendetta reminds me of the crt.5 in action...

i have plenty of videos on youtube and google video ... i have different set up sheets for both the buggy and ST... and i also reviews done...

motor review http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5643067/tm.htm
tire review www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6000527/tm.htm
Old 07-26-2008, 06:08 PM
DarkHorse

> It goes faster in reverse then foward which is kinda odd.
Just a theory: I think that's due to the motor end cap timing advance (set at build). Expect the motor is timed to run the opposite to it's forward direction in the stock truck. I've not seen the stock brushed motor but most simple can constructions can be carefully priced loose and rotated. Might be worth a 6-12mm end cap (and brush gear) rotation to swap the timing advance over to the forward direction (Vendetta relative).

Or if like the Xray m18t/MT the diff out drives are symmetrical in design and can be inverted to run backwards, coupled with swapped motor power wires would enable the motor to run in it's intended direction with it's manufactured advanced timing. Then it would be faster forwards than backwards, which may impact on runtime a little depending on the efficiency at that timing which may be the same or better.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:09 PM
GravityJunkie

The ST is similar to the CRT. However, the larger size, and larger tires, makes it handle 10th or larger tracks much better. Yea, you can put bigger tires on a ST, but then it gets tippy. The CRT also has a better drive train. The tunable center diff helps handling very much. I'd rather have oil diffs over ball diffs. The outdoor track that I currently drive it, the CRT really goes. The ST would drive ok, but the CRT just rips it up.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:41 PM
buster7467

Or if like the Xray m18t/MT the diff out drives are symmetrical in design and can be inverted to run backwards, coupled with swapped motor power wires would enable the motor to run in it's intended direction with it's manufactured advanced timing. Then it would be faster forwards than backwards, which may impact on runtime a little depending on the efficiency at that timing which may be the same or better.
[/quote]

I was wondering if that could be done in the vendetta st. I have accidently put the diff in wrong on my chaos buggy and it went backwards when i gave it forward throttle. And that made me think about the vendetta when i heard people say that it went faster in reverse.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:01 PM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: GravityJunkie

The ST is similar to the CRT. However, the larger size, and larger tires, makes it handle 10th or larger tracks much better. Yea, you can put bigger tires on a ST, but then it gets tippy. The CRT also has a better drive train. The tunable center diff helps handling very much. I'd rather have oil diffs over ball diffs. The outdoor track that I currently drive it, the CRT really goes. The ST would drive ok, but the CRT just rips it up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyp2N7EIZSo got second place in quals.. against modified trucks

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...22031836&hl=en got second in A-main if i recall correctly..

the vendetta is totally doable.. and looks great doing it also
Old 07-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Snipin_Willy

I just got 2nd, 2nd, 3rd in an open class. Was running against 1/8 trucks and buggies. There was a .5 CRT that was converted to brushless racing with me for the first heat but something went wrong and he parked it for the day.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Snipin_Willy

Oh, and I beat the hell out of my ST. New driver on a new track could explain all the cartwheel landings, could have also been the size of the jumps were made for 1/8 scale.
Even with all the cartwheels and rough landings and getting run over a few times by the big boys I didn't break anything.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:11 AM
GravityJunkie

I'm not saying the ST is a pile. Like I said, I think it's the best 18th'ish scale out there. I just prefer my CRT over the ST. Sold the ST and bought a CRT. I don't miss my ST at all. For me, the CRT can be tuned better and drives the track better.

Here's a CRT letting it rip for a National win:
[link]http://www.5spoke.com/files/7949.wmv[/link]

No offense, it looked like the ST had more HP and just stayed out of more trouble. It's not always the better car that wins, it's usually the one that stays cleaner. Drive what you want. The ST'll do fine. I'll stick with my e-CRT.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:21 AM
buster7467

I'm not saying the ST is a pile. Like I said, I think it's the best 18th'ish scale out there. I just prefer my CRT over the ST. Sold the ST and bought a CRT. I don't miss my ST at all. For me, the CRT can be tuned better and drives the track better.

No offense, it looked like the ST had more HP and just stayed out of more trouble. It's not always the better car that wins, it's usually the one that stays cleaner. Drive what you want. The ST'll do fine. I'll stick with my e-CRT.

Man that thing can really handle the track extremely good. I don't know much about the crt. Is it 4wd?
Old 07-27-2008, 12:22 AM
jaejw1

well if they made a electric crt.5 i would jump all over it... i do love those lil things... had the chance to follow one around the track for a few laps... my vendetta was actually faster on the straights.. but the crt.5 was able to out handle..
Old 07-27-2008, 12:43 AM
jaejw1

ever since seeing that video months ago... i have always wanted to see if my vendetta could clear that quad... i know it could but i would just like to see it for myself..
Old 07-27-2008, 01:01 AM
GravityJunkie

I'm sure your Neu or Permax powered ST would clear it.

Yea, I forgot to mention that mine is a brushless conversion. I have no desire to mess with that Nitro stuff. Nice thing about the CRT .5 is that it's an easy conversion. All you really need is a motor mount and a battery holder (which can be purchased off ebay for somewhere around $50 or so bucks) with some Mod1 pinions. More and more places are carrying the mod1 pinions, especially since Robinson Racing now makes them.

And with the e-CRT, you can throw some crazy motors in there if you want. That drivetrain will handle it.

Buster, yes the CRT is 4wd.

And as far as the ST being the best 18th scale, I didn't think about XRay stuff since I don't have much experience with them. I was just thinking of the rc18 series, the Detta stuff, mlst series and mini t stuff. The ST can own any of those cars. I was driving my ST while some dudes were practicing for some big championship race that was gonna be held on my local track. The ST did well aganist them. It was more of my lack of driving skills and poor tires that did the ST in. The lack of tires for the ST sucks at least for my track. Pink tapers or semi-slick/slick pink tapers are the ticket (depending upon current condition). I'd either be sliding around because of lack of traction. Or I'd have too much traction and it would be too easy to lift the front tires and have turning issues which is one reason I love my center diff in the CRT. I coulda cut my own tires like jae, but I didn't have the patience to do it.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:09 AM
maxxin2.5

man i want a crt.5 now...
haha i would trade my tmaxx for that thing!
Old 07-27-2008, 01:16 AM
jaejw1

I coulda cut my own tires like jae, but I didn't have the patience to do it.
oh man... you have no idea.... i really dont want to do that again... but i might have to... since PROLINE wont return my emails
Old 07-27-2008, 02:35 PM
rschoi_75

ORIGINAL: jaejw1

well if they made a electric crt.5 i would jump all over it...
why not just convert one? Its pretty straight forward. btw, a few of us from rc-monster are getting together in so cal on the 17th of august. We should have 3-4 e-crt.5's running that day. You should come out and join us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.