Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

1/36 scale brushless setups for extreme speed....

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

1/36 scale brushless setups for extreme speed....

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Lorduss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1/36 scale brushless setups for extreme speed....

Im on a quest for speed, or rather maxx RPM's out of a tiny 1/36th size package,
currently im building some micro speed boats, 10 inchs or so in lenght, currently using a 12-20-4110kv from great planes electrifly inrunner.
pretty small package, a touch bigger than the 1/36 but smaller than 1/18 setups and perfect sized for my boats, currently running on 3s im getting 55K RPM to the prop free loaded,
ive noticed these losi 8700 and 10250kv micro systems from losi, allthough slightly smaller the kv on those are insain, my question is has anyone ran these systems on 3s lipo reliably? of course considering you cant use the losi esc on 3s, can the motor it self handle the volts and potential rpm for an entire run? considering its going to be ina boat cooling wont be a huge problem. at least not with icy lakewater running into a cooling setup.

none of my brushless versions are done but with a brushed system and a older small boat i built i got about 15+ mph out of it, not bad for a tiny setup but im looking for all possable speed. with this small a boat im running the kyosho mini z boat props, so my prop choice is extremly limited, the best i can do to increase speed is increase kv of my system.

thanks
Old 10-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Desert RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/36 scale brushless setups for extreme speed....

well i would imagine that it would run on 3's....they just put out a losi micro battery 3's battery for the DT for use with there BL unit. Be prepared to work out the bugs, these BL are not the most solid platform. You really should hot glue the wires into the motor they have a good tendency to come loose and cause to not run correctly. I dunno check out the precautionary measures that people take that have cut through there fair share of these BL systems. Orion is SUSPOSED to be releasing a BL set-up for the micro that should be comparable to the faster losi motor and should be a better system. The motors are out but we all still waiting for the elusive BL esc.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Xotix

Dude from my experiences, the concept is flawless. The heat it's creating is excessive. Are considering to part with any, or shall I ask how many are you putting together and
what is your most effective way of cooling those little screemers. I agree they rock, but if you can't chill the little suckers down EFFECTIVELY, then you are just bound for problems. Still very intrested in your progress. As I have a couple myself...well about 13 or 14 boats. Contact me and we'll chat. Chris [email protected] Chow4now.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Xotix

Yeah if you want parts or trade possibley. I have loads of stuff...Chris [email protected]