Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

My Mini Track - pics

Old 12-04-2008, 04:25 PM
FloridaDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Mini Track - pics

yeah...*that gives me an idea...*
Old 12-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Gex_61

ORIGINAL: mrbonez

You guys have some nice tracks what would you all consider a decent length for a straight?
If I use the whole length of my track, starting at the pipe and sliding out to the pipe, then it is 35ft long which is more like 25ft. For a brushed motor, it is perfect. For a mamba 6800 with a 6 cell NiMh pack and a low gearing, it doesn't ever see top speed. A 50ft straight would probably be the most you would ever need.

ORIGINAL: calvino

here is a trick ive been told by lots of people, take some burlap, old carpet... and stick it on the "up face" of your jump so it keeps its shape and doesn't "wear out" as fast, hence you don't have to do as much work on it[8D]
ewww![:'(] Don't do that. I want to drive on dirt, and nothing but dirt (maybe some leaves for now[sm=tired.gif]). I don't even care for wooden jumps all that much.

captanabolic, that is a perfect example of how to make a track layout on paper. I even like how there is a 3D type view to it. It shouldn't take long at all for you guys to scale it down and build it up. I want to see pictures of it when it's finished.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:30 PM
nitro rc

ORIGINAL: FloridaDude

i dont mean to be negative but it really isnt a track just a circle. Get ur brother out there and make him work on it LOL
Well that is exactly the reason I am on this forum to get some new ideas. I only put up that pic to show a good length for his straightaway. And it does have jumps you just can't see them in that picture
Old 12-04-2008, 09:39 PM
FloridaDude

ok cool.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:45 PM
captanabolic

Gex, Thanks but all the credit goes to guy who drew the layout. Gex do you think cutting the dimensions right in half would be a good size for 1/18ths?